Re: [RobynCarr_Chatgroup] Sandi's May Reads

  • Sandi
    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 1 2:42 AM
      Hope you find an author you enjoy!

      SAndi
      On May 31, 2009, at 10:31 PM, mommustread wrote:

      Great list, Sandi.  Thanks for sharing it.  More new authors for me to check out.

      Jamie

      Message 2 of 25 , Jun 1 8:19 AM
        Shattered by Karen Robards…I got this from the library. I’m really proud of myself for using the library more. Maybe if I continue to use them they’ll not suffer too badly from budget cuts. I remember it starting out really well, and losing interest as it went, but overall I’m glad I read Shattered.

        Informed Risks by Robyn Carr…this is an older title of hers that has been re-released, but is only available in print and from Eharlequin.com. When a single mom of three gets burned out of her home one of the firemen who responds to the call sets her up in his home. Sit back and watch the slow combustion turn into a roaring inferno.

        Kiss Me If You Can by Carly Phillips…the beginning to a trilogy, and one that I totally enjoyed. The bad part was that I got this for review and have a long wait for book 2! I haven’t made much a dent in Phillips’ back list, but this was I think my favorite of what I have read.

        Killing Me Softly by Maggie Shayne…another first book in a trilogy. When a serial killer or maybe a copycat starts killing a young police officer is suspected. Come along for a fast paced wild ride, and find out who the killer really is! Again, I got this for review and was lucky enough to get my hands on the second in the series, but now am impatiently waiting for the third book! Loved that an author known for paranormal elements had none in this series!

        The Lies We Told by Dianne Chamberlain…an author who I don’t think gets the publicity she deserves. Wonderful story about how not being 100% truthful can affect our perceptions of one another, and our lives. If you like women’s fiction I wouldn’t miss this one!

        Knock Me For A Loop by Heidi Betts…this is the final book in her Chicks with Sticks trilogy and probably my favorite of the three. So many great conflicts, but with a sense of humor so as not to downplay the issues between the couple. Great ending to an enjoyable trilogy.

        Blown Away by Sharon Sala…the first in a new trilogy. Don’t read this if you don’t have a lot of reading time available. Reminded me what drew me to Sala in the first place. You know the baddie, but the proving it is a great read!

        Almost Perfect by Susan Mallery…what happens when a successful author has to return to her hometown where she never felt at home? Does it get better or worse when she has to fully face her past and it comes rushing right up to her present? Have to read Almost Perfect to find out! This is the second in a trilogy, and I personally liked the first better, but am looking forward to the third, and the possibility that this trilogy might be expanded in the future.

        Kill Me Again by Maggie Shayne…second in the trilogy. I didn’t like as well as the first, but it was nice to get caught up with the characters. Can’t wait for the final installment.

        Swept Aside by Sharon Sala…third book in her trilogy…yes, read out of order, but can’t find the second one at my review sites. Darn! Sala fans will really enjoy this return to classic Sala.

        Her Best Friend by Sarah Mayberry…a harlequin superromance that unfortunately felt like I had read this story before.

        Audios:
        Slummy Mummy by Fiona Neill
        Agnes And the Hit Man by Jennifer Cruise/Bob Mayer
        Stranger by Megan Hart
        Accidentally Yours by Susan Mallery
        Just Take My Heart by Mary Higgins Clark

        --
        Sandi

        http://readers-n-ritas.org
      • superauntkx9_@live.ca

            Message 5 of 25 , Jun 1 6:30 PM
              Wow, some good books on this list.  I think my wanting to read list has just gotten a lot longer. lol

              Hope everyone is having a good wk.

              Terri

              Message 6 of 25 , Jun 2 12:33 PM
                 Harvest Moon---Robyn Carr   5+++
                Cowboy Take Me Away---Kathleen Eagle   5++
                Her Forgiven Texan---Ginger Chambers   5
                The Rancher's Dance---Allison Leigh   5
                The Knitting Diaries---Debbie Macomber,Susan Mallery,Christina Skye   5
                Fortune's Secret Baby---Christyne Butler  5
                A Turn In The Road---Debbie Macomber   5+++
                Against the Wind---Kat Martin   5++
                Against the Fire---Kat Martin   5
                Against the Law---Kat Martin   5+
                Late Edition---Fern Michaels   5
                Cowboy Trouble---Joanne Kennedy   4
                The Scoop---Fern Michaels   5
                Exclusive---Fern Michaels   5
                The Welcome Home Garden Club---Lori Wilde   5+
                Angel's Rest---Emily March   5+++

                This is all I read this last month. Hope everyone is doing well. I have signed up for a reading program for the month of June with prizes and stuff here at the local library. The Director told me I had to participate because she has seen how much I read and wants mt help to reach their goal.
                Take care all. Diana
                Diana Smith
              • Patricia Tolliver
                Message 7 of 25 , Jun 2 3:51 PM
                  I had a slow month as far as reading is concerned but here goes...

                  Lover's Knot by Emily Richards 5+++
                  Wedding Rings by Emily Richards 5
                  Endless Chain by Emily Richards 5+++
                  The Sweetest Thing by Jill Shalvis  5
                  My One and Only by Kirsten Higgins 5+
                  For Old Times Sake by Kathleen Eagle  5  Vintage Kathleen Eagle
                  Moon Light Cove by Sherryl Woods 6
                  Whirlwind Reunion by Debra Cowan 6  She made me cry
                  Angels Rest by Emily March 5
                  Judgement by Beverly Lewis 5+  second story in a trilogy
                  In a Cowboy's Arms by Jeannette Kearney 5++
                  Shelter of Hope by Lyn Cote 5++

                   I'm ready for June...

                  Patty- CA

                    Message 9 of 25 , Jun 3 8:17 AM
                      Kathleen,

                      The next one for me to read is Touching Stars.   I haven't been able to find it in the book store but I'll keep trying until I do.  I actually saw the Sisters Choice pattern in a book the other day.

                      What were your May reads?

                      Patty-CA

                      Message 10 of 25 , Jun 3 8:50 AM
                        Here are my May Reads

                        Her Innocence, His ConquestBennett, Jules4.5
                        Southern ComfortMichaels, Fern5.0
                        Ragged RainbowMiller, Linda Lael4.5
                        The Miracle BabyJohnson, Janice Kay4.5
                        Late EditionMichaels, Fern5.0
                        The Wedding PromiseKinkade, Thomas & Spencer, Katherine5.0
                        Make Me a MatchHolquist, Diana5.0
                        Sexiest Man AliveHolquist, Diana5.0

                        Kathleen

                        Message 11 of 25 , Jun 3 12:33 PM
                          Great list Patty.
                          I bought the third book in Sherryl's latest trilogy yesterday so will probably get them read this weekend.
                          Diana
                          Diana Smith

                          Message 12 of 25 , Jun 3 12:49 PM
                            Moonlight Cove was my favorite out of all of them.  I so related to Jess.  I guess the story got personal for me.

                            Message 13 of 25 , Jun 3 2:41 PM
                              Thanks. I'll let ya know which one I liked best. I think I liked Hummingbird Lake the best out of Emily March's books. Have a good weekend.
                              Diana

                              Diana Smith

                              Message 14 of 25 , Jun 3 5:22 PM
                                Thanks for sharing.

                              • bshbsh@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 25 , Jun 9 7:46 PM
                                  It's June 9, and I'm just getting around to posting my May reads. I hope will be intrigued by some of the titles:
                                      THE BARGAIN by Mary Jo Putney--Putney excels in the realm of Regencies. The situation presented in THE BARGAIN could only have taken place in that period of rigid social classes and rule. Good characters, excellent evocation of place and time.
                                      DEVIOUS by Lisa Jackson--An appropriate title for this collection of not nice people who are brought together in a tightly plotted, but for me, not a particularly satisfying read--still I read it to the end, I owed that to Lisa Jackson. She has given me some really terrific reads.
                                      MINDING FRANKIE by Maeve Binchy--A tale of failure, love, lost hope, lost trust, and redemption--good strong characters, and Ireland--how could it miss?
                                      THE MYSTERIOUS AFFAIR AT STYLES by Agatha Christie--Poirot's first case--a delight to re read after many years--written during the WWII-it's referred to on occasion. The life style and the challenges are irrelevant in our electronic age, but the read is terrific.
                                      WHOSE BODY by Dorothy L. Sayers--Set in 1923-Lord Peter,with all his eccentricities, is challenged by the presence of a dead man in a bath tub (not his own)wearing only a pair of glasses. DLS is a master at telling a compelling tale laced with sly humor, Another re read--I loved it the first time, and still do.
                                      CHRISTMAS EVE AT FRIDAY HARBOR by Lisa Kleypas--
                                  A charming romance with a familiar plot but it is deftly handled--and although the characters lack depth. They are likeable.
                                      THE COVE by Catherine Coulter--The first in her FBI series. Horrific goings on in a town full of senior citizens that has gone from seedy and run down to picturesque--seemingly because it has the worlds best ice cream. The tale is told with Coulter's characteristic tongue-in-cheek humor that contrasts nicely with the nefarious goings on. It made me scurry for my Kindle to order THE MAZE. I think a total FBI re read is in order.
                                      CARNAL INNOCENCE by Nora Roberts--one of her classics. I re read it to prepare for the Lifetime presentation on  13 June. I enjoyed it, again. I hope the 2 hr. film does it justice.
                                      THE OTHER MR DARCY by Monica Fairview--Fairview does a good job of recalling Austen's familiar characters without pretending to be Austen. Robert Darcy is a noble American caught up in a bumble containing titles, estates, loves lost--fun. I will read more Fairview.
                                      THE CHRISTMAS CLOCK by Kat Martin. A Christmas fantasy--would work well as a Hallmark presentation.
                                      SWEET TEA AND SECRETS by Nancy Naigle--a first mystery by a romance writer--slow to begin, and the heroine is slightly dippy, but once the story gets underway, it was a good read. I check out Naigle again.

                                  Barbara Sloan-Hendershott
                                  bshbsh@...

                                  In a message dated 6/2/2011 4:52:06 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time, p.a.tolliver@... writes:
                                  I had a slow month as far as reading is concerned but here goes...
                                • Kathleen O'Donnell
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Jun 1 9:15 AM
                                    I had a good month of reading..

                                    Kathleen

                                    The Cowboy of Valentine ValleyCane, EmmaPBK5.0
                                    Dare to DesirePhillips, CarlyE-book5.0
                                    The CollectorRoberts, NoraHDC5.0
                                    Otherwise EngagedQuick, AmandaHDC4.0
                                    One Good CowboyMann, CatherineE-book4.0
                                    A Family AffairMichaels, FernHDC4.0
                                    When we MetMallery, SusanPBK5.0
                                    Before we KissMallery, SusanPBK5.0
                                    Carolina ManKantra, VirginiaPBK5.0
                                    A Promise at Bluebell HillCane, EmmaPBK4.0
                                    Baby, Don't GoAndersen, SusanPBK5.0
                                    Love with a Perfect CowboyWilde, LoriE-book5.0+
                                    The Ivy TreeBrown, CarolynE-book4.0
                                    Wildflower WeddingMcLane, LuAnnPBK5.0
                                  • Diana
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Jun 1 12:02 PM
                                      Good list. I have read some and have others on my tbr pile.
                                      Sent from my LG phone

                                      "'Kathleen O'Donnell' superauntkx9_@... [RobynCarr_Chatgroup]" <RobynCarr_Chatgroup@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                                      >I had a good month of reading..
                                      >
                                      >Kathleen
                                      >
                                      > The Cowboy of Valentine Valley Cane, Emma PBK 5.0
                                      > Dare to Desire Phillips, Carly E-book 5.0
                                      > The Collector Roberts, Nora HDC 5.0
                                      > Otherwise Engaged Quick, Amanda HDC 4.0
                                      > One Good Cowboy Mann, Catherine E-book 4.0
                                      > A Family Affair Michaels, Fern HDC 4.0
                                      > When we Met Mallery, Susan PBK 5.0
                                      > Before we Kiss Mallery, Susan PBK 5.0
                                      > Carolina Man Kantra, Virginia PBK 5.0
                                      > A Promise at Bluebell Hill Cane, Emma PBK 4.0
                                      > Baby, Don't Go Andersen, Susan PBK 5.0
                                      > Love with a Perfect Cowboy Wilde, Lori E-book 5.0+
                                      > The Ivy Tree Brown, Carolyn E-book 4.0
                                      > Wildflower Wedding McLane, LuAnn PBK 5.0

                                    • Maureen Hubley
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Jun 1 2:49 PM
                                        Good selection.

                                        Message 19 of 25 , Jun 2 7:40 AM
                                          Family Matters Daille, Barbara WhiteEBK4.0
                                          The Marriage SeasonMiller, Linda LaelPBK5.0
                                          Finding GloryArden, SaraPBK5.0
                                          Still the OneShalvis, JillPBK5.0
                                          Perfect MatchMichaels, FernHDC4.0
                                          A Texas HeroWarren, LindaEBK4.0
                                          Ever After at Sweetheart RanchCane, EmmaPBK5.0
                                          What the Prince WantsBennett, JulesEBK4.0
                                          Where There's A Will (Whisky River #1)Garbera, Katherine & Gaddy, EveEBK3.5
                                          Home Sweet Home: A Sweet Home NovellaTerry, CandisEBK4.0
                                          SEALed with a Kiss: A Black OPS ShortGerard, CindyEBK3.5
                                          Me Before YouMoyes, JojoHDC5.0+
                                          Triple the FunChild, MaureenPBK4.0
                                          Dying to Score: A Black OPS ShortGerard, CindyEBK3.5
                                          The Guest CottageThayer, NancyHDC5.0+
                                          Wedding Bells in ChristmasMason, DebbiePBK5.0+
                                          Turning Up the HeatKincaid, KimberlyEBK4.0
                                          A New HopeCarr, RobynPBK5.0+

                                        • Maureen Hubley