Re: Fireside?

  • Susanna
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 1, 2009
      How are these books? are they romance or a little romance? I'm not
      familiar with this author..I've asked on another forum before..think
      there were 3 at the time...and got mixed answers but everyone has
      differnt tastes...no one said they were bad though(that's a good
      thing!) but seems like someone said they were 'slow paced' though for
      that particular person it could mean there wasn't sex every other
      page ya know?! The descriptions sound like something I'd like to make
      my way around to reading-just wanna know what to expect!
      --- In RobynCarr_Chatgroup@yahoogroups.com, Kelly Spadini
      <kspadini1010@...> wrote:

      > Yeah Fireside is the 5th book in the Lakeshore Chronicles Series.
      You'd want to read Summer At Willow Lake, Winter Lodge, Dockside, and
      Snowfall At Willow Lake before reading this.

      > Kelly
      >

      > To: RobynCarr_Chatgroup@...: nancymtnmama@...: Thu, 29 Jan 2009
      19:30:13 -0800Subject: [RobynCarr_Chatgroup] Fireside?

      > Is Fireside a book in a series? Do you have to read something
      before it? My danged Borders doesn't have SCP yet dangit!<G>!

      > Nancy
      > Use: www.goodsearch.com to support Our Special Angels
      > THANK YOU!

      > List Mom
      > Come join us!--- On Thu, 1/29/09, Diane VanNuland <djvn1103@...>
      wrote:
      > From: Diane VanNuland <djvn1103@...>Subject: RE:
      [RobynCarr_Chatgroup] my TBRTo: RobynCarr_Chatgroup@...: Thursday,
      January 29, 2009, 9:13 AM

      > My TBR pile Just has ONE book on it!!!!!
      > I haven't found SCP yet but I did buy Fireside yesterday while
      looking for SCP!!!
      > I'm just finishing Snowfall on Willow Lake and I really like it...
      >
      > I think when I get SCP I will read slowly and savor it!!!!
      >
      > Enjoy your TBR books!!!
      > Diane V from Wisconsin
      > --- On Wed, 1/28/09, Kelly Spadini <kspadini1010@...> wrote:
      > From: Kelly Spadini <kspadini1010@...>Subject: RE:
      [RobynCarr_Chatgroup] my TBRTo: robyncarr_chatgroup@...: Wednesday,
      January 28, 2009, 3:24 PM

      > Oh trust me you don't want to see my TBR pile/ I've had to get
      creative when thinking of places to store books. I've even started
      stacking them on the floor. I keep a spreadsheet of books I have, and
      the last time I counted was over 300. And that was awhile ago. When
      am I going to read all this books??? Thats something I ask myself
      everyday LOL. I hope you enjoy SCP and Fireside. I just started on
      Fireside last night. I also have the Trinity Harbor Series..I got
      those used. I will read those soon too. Kelly

      > To: RobynCarr_Chatgroup @yahoogroups. comFrom: flamingo611@
      embarqmail. comDate: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 16:14:06 -0500Subject:
      [RobynCarr_Chatgrou p] my TBR

      > My TBR pile is growing by the minute. Have Sherryl Woods Trinity
      Cove Series (most through the first one) Then from Amazon today came
      SCP!!!!! and just now Susan Wiggs,Fireside arrived, plus the 30
      others just waiting!! I definitely would have to be considered to
      having an addiction to books!! What a wonderful addiction!!! !Carol

      > Windows Live™: E-mail. Chat. Share. Get more ways to connect. See
      how it works.

      > Windows Live™ Hotmail®…more than just e-mail.
      > http://windowslive.com/howitworks?
      ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t2_hm_justgotbetter_howitworks_012009

    • Kathleen ODonnell
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 1, 2009
        These are great books. The stories revolve around the town Avalon and the main family are the Belemay's who once owned a camp and how the family comes back to retore the camp and be part of the community again. Think Virgin River but in upper New York State.
        You will really enjoy getting into these people lives and loves just like in VR.

        Hope you enjoy these books. Susan Wiggs is right ther at the top of the list with Robyn!!

        Kathleen
        aka SuperauntK

        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 1, 2009
          Thanks Kathleen! sounds like something I'd like since I like the
          Virgin River books a lot.--- In RobynCarr_Chatgroup@yahoogroups.com,
          Kathleen ODonnell <okathleen57@...> wrote:

          > These are great books. The stories revolve around the town Avalon
          and the main family are the Belemay's who once owned a camp and how
          the family comes back to retore the camp and be part of the community
          again. Think Virgin River but in upper New York State.
          > You will really enjoy getting into these people lives and loves
          just like in VR.

          > Hope you enjoy these books. Susan Wiggs is right ther at the top of
          the list with Robyn!!

          > Kathleen
          > aka SuperauntK

        • Sandi
          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 1, 2009
            I love Susan Wiggs.  I would say that she writes women's fiction.  I would start with the first book in the series.  Summer At Willow Lake.  For stand alones I highly recommend The You I Never Knew, and The Ocean Between Us, but for those you might want to have tissues ready.

            Sandi