Re: [RobynCarr_Chatgroup] Danielle Steel

  • Peggy A Fragale
    Message 1 of 67 , Mar 7, 2013
      in did like Michaels Mr and Mrs Anonymous; it was very good

      On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 4:03 PM, Msrbshil@... wrote:

         I gave up on Fern Michaels for the same reason.  I found her repeating her words a lot.  Again, she's another I did on audio for awhile, and then just drifted away.  Like with Steel I believe I cut my romance teeth on Michaels.

      Sandi

      Sent from my iPad

      On Mar 7, 2013, at 1:44 PM, Peggy A Fragale < pegfragale@...> wrote:

      no i feel the same way you do; in fact I really haven't read any of her cutesy books in a while
      I did love the Legacy; more towards ancestry; her mother wanted her to find out about a relative
      I thought it was very interesting
      I still have all of Kathleen Woodiwiss' books to read yet
      I did like her first three in the Birmingham family: Elusive Flame etc; very good

      Fern Michael's new book seems interesting
      In a richly rewarding novel filled with unforgettable characters, #1 New York Times bestselling author Fern Michaels explores the enduring bonds of family as one man loses everything — only to find the freedom to create a bold new life… Gus Hollister owes all his success to his feisty grandmother, Rose, and he knows it. It was Rose and her two sisters, Iris and Violet, who raised Gus, sent him to the best schools, and helped him start his own accounting business. Rose even bought the house Gus lives in with his wife, Elaine. But now, Gus stands to lose everything — his home, his car, and his business. Worse, he’s alienated his beloved grandma, who tried to warn him about Elaine’s greedy, gold-digging ways. Gus, blinded by infatuation, refused to listen, and now Elaine has locked him out of the house he was foolish enough to put in her name. Heartsick and remorseful, Gus returns to Rose’s Virginia farmhouse seeking shelter. But it won’t be easy to make amends. Despite their pretty floral names, there’s nothing delicate about the Blossom sisters. Unbeknownst to Gus, they’ve also been running a very lucrative business from home and don’t want interference. Yet family and forgiveness go hand in hand, and Gus isn’t giving up. With the help of close friends, new associates, and some very sprightly ladies, Gus begins to repair the damage he’s done and help the residents of Blossom Farm begin the next phase of their business. He might even be finding the courage to love again. Because no matter how daunting starting over can be, the results can surpass your wildest expectations — especially when the Blossom sisters are in your corner…

      On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 1:59 PM, arubasam@...wrote:

          Isn't that strange!  I thought, for a long  time, that it was just myself that thought that way, but I keep hearing the same  thing about her repetitiveness (damn, I spelled that  right!)    I cut my reading teeth on the oldies ~~ Kathleen  Woodiwiss, Rosemary Rogers, etc. ~~ and then got tired of the hunky pirates and  buxom gals, and started reading a variety including a few classics.    From there I have enjoyed just about every style and venue.     But,  Danielle just became boring.   My husband loves to quote  Hemingway's remark about another author ~~"he has diarrhea of the  typewriter".   I forgot who he was referring to, probably  Fitzgerald knowing how much they disliked one  another. LOL
      Another one is Nora Roberts, but while she writes  well, she has so many books on the shelves (when I was still going to the  bookstore) that I didn't even bother to get them anymore.
      I am anxious to see what Fern Michaels new book  "The Blossom Sisters" is about and if it's anything like the series she wrote  about the four friends (older gals) then it has to be  good.
      Time out ~~ I'm babbling!!
      SAM

      In a message dated 3/7/2013 1:34:52 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,  msrbshil123@...writes:

      It's because of how often she repeats things that I have pretty much    given her up.  It pained me to do it as she was probably my first adult    romance author,and I felt a loyalty to her, but it got to a point where I    couldn't stand it anymore.  I did attempt a few of hers in audio, but    then I even wandered away from those.  The repeating of things over and    over didn't seem as annoying in the audios.  I might have to see which    ones the library has.

      Sandi
      Sent from my iPad

      On Mar 6, 2013, at 1:31 PM, Kelly Spadini < kspadini1010@...>    wrote:

      Yeah I don't like how she tends to repeat things alot either. But I      only read her books once in awhile so it doesn't bother me that      much.
      Kelly

      Sent from my iPod

      On Mar 6, 2013, at 7:08 AM, "Karla" < pspkarla@...> wrote:

      So far, so        good.  It’s a typical Danielle Steel book, though ….. things about        France and high fashion and people of privilege and money, etc.         LOL  But for some reason, I keep reading her books!  The one        thing that aggravates me about every one of her books is her use of the        word “and.”  She overuses it!  She starts so many sentences with        “and.”  Drives me nuts!  LOL

      * Karla *