Re: [RobynCarr_Chatgroup] Debbie Macomber Cedar Cove

  • zabook
    Message 1 of 79 , Jun 1, 2012
      I totally agree with you on that one.  Half the fun of reading is being able to visualise the characters in your mind as you read about them.  Seeing movie adaptions of books are often quite different to how you have visualised them to be and as you say it is hard to put the full contents of a book into movie format.  Many details are often left out and even endings are adapted in movies to be quite different to how the book ended.  My Sisters Keeper movie of Jodi Picoult's book is a prime example of that.

      Shaz

      While I would love to see a Virgin River series, I am sure that I would be disappointed. I have enjoyed some movies made from books I love but they always seem to let me down some. The characters are never how I pictured them in my mind and they don't behave the way I see them. A movie or TV show has to leave so much of the book out and they always change things to make them fit in the time allotment or to make things make sense since they had to leave things. When the author has a lot of input into the show it is usually better than those where the author just signs the contract and lets the director and writer take over. There have been a couple where I wonder what book they read since it is nothing like the one I read. I enjoy picturing Preacher, Jack, Mel and the the others in my mind and I am pretty sure that I don't picture them the same way that someone else does even though Robyn has given us some details about their appearance. I will watch the Cedar Cove series when it comes on, though.

      Kathy in MD

    • Barbara Dail, MAS
      Message 79 of 79 , Jun 4, 2012
        My partner's husband was an extra in one of his movies -"A Few Good Men"=
        he said that he was an absolute jerk who was full of himself- really rude
        to the cast and crew.

        He really did shoot hmself in the foot when he got into that issue with
        Brooke Shields.I wouldn't go across the street to see him!

        Barbara

        > It is odd, but unlike Tom, most of the other stars don't ram it down
        > people's throats. I think he really lost a lot of people when he said
        > that postpartum depression wasn't real. Remember it has something to do
        > with Brook Shields. I don't remember the finer details because I didn't
        > like him LONG before then.
        >
        > Sharon

        Proudly supporting our Troops thru Operation Gratitude
        http://www.operationgratitude.com