Hello from Emma Cane!

  • Emma Cane
    Message 1 of 62 , Feb 1, 2012
      Good morning! Thanks so much for allowing me to chat with you today! I’m Emma Cane, and my debut contemporary romance, A Town Called Valentine, was just published this week. I thought I’d tell you a little about myself and my book, and then I’d love to answer any questions you have throughout the day. And I’ll be giving away a book, too!

      As Emma, I’m writing contemporary, but I also write Victorian-era historical romances as Gayle Callen; my medieval pseudonym, Julia Latham, is temporarily retired. ;) I started writing as a teenager, and my H.S. friends passed my manuscripts around school. Back then it was teenagers in space (I’m a lifelong Trekkie). Then I read Kathleen Woodiwiss’s Shanna, and I was hooked on romance forever. When my kids were babies and taking long naps, I realized if ever I wanted to do this professionally, I should start. It took me thirteen years and three complete manuscripts before I sold to Avon Books. Since then I’ve written 18 books as Gayle and 6 as Julia—and now my first one as Emma!

      Let me tell you a little about A Town Called Valentine. It’s set in a ranching community in the Colorado mountains just outside Aspen. (my son lives there—how fun to use trips to see him as research!) Valentine Valley is a place known for romance—but the locals don’t always think it’s true! Emily Murphy comes to town, heartbroken and penniless after a bad divorce, to sell a building she inherited from her mom. She thinks she’s only going to be there briefly, but the building needs renovation, and the cowboy she meets the first night insists she needs help, and she discovers old family secrets that will change everything she thought about her life.

      I’d love to answer any questions you might have. You can check out my website http://www.EmmaCane.com where you can read an excerpt of the book.

      And now for the cool news—one of you will win a copy of A Town Called Valentine! Here’s a link to enter: http://tinyurl.com/7x4mtpl

      And if you’re really interested in winning a copy, you have another opportunity, because I’m blogging today at Larissa’s Life. You can leave a comment to enter: http://tinyurl.com/7whfung

      So that’s it for the intro. I’d love to chat!

      Emma
    • nance_lw
      Message 62 of 62 , Feb 5, 2012
        Jo Davis' series is great!