(no subject)

  • arubasam@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 1, 2011
      Got x-rays back and Jim's chest shows his bronchitis of course, but the x-rays of his pelvis shows the cracks have healed nicely.  That's very good news and hopefully with his successful physical therapy sessions, he may be able to get home by Christmas.   I'm sure we will have to have someone out to check the house and tell me what I need to help him get around, but I don't see any real problems.

      Have a beautiful cold/bronchitis which I probably caught from Jim, but have already seen the doctor and started on a 5 day Pak, plus making a big batch of chicken soup that a dear friend suggested I needed.   I love chicken soup and know it helps.   Will check in with Jim and let him know I expect him to be good so I can come back home and flop.

      Thank God for the Internet ~~ especially at Christmas time.  Don't have to leave the house to shop and  can usually find everything I need.  Kathy, my daughter who is staying with me while Jim is in rehab, has done most of hers while staying here and even though it's fun to "go shopping", I  really don't miss it.   I never go to Malls anyway (except the one in Norfolk where Nordstrom's is located of course) and only once in a while.  Some  habits are hard to break.  LOL

      Okay ~~~ just wanted  you to know the good news about Jim's x-rays and hope that your day is a good one and all is well with you and yours.

      Love,
      Sam

    • Debbie Gorski
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 1, 2011
        Sam, That is wonderful news about your husband and that he may now be home for Christmas. I will keep my fingers crossed and say a prayer that he is home.

        Lots of people are getting colds and bronchitis up here in N.H. also. Hopefully I can manage to avoid it.

        My husband when he was alive swore by Amazon and QVC.   I used to meet up with the UPS man every night and I swear that guy thought I was the one doing all the shopping.  LOL

        debbieG/NH

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 1, 2011
          Good Morning Sam and Gals
          Well that bugger Bronchitis is making the rounds. My friend Lois had it, my Canadian friend has it. I sure don't want it. Put me in hospital earlier this year. Hope you and Jim get over it real quick. Wonderful that his pelvis is healed, pray that all continues to go well and he will be home for Christmas.
          Visited friend Elaine in Round Rock, TX hosp yesterday. Hip replacement surgery went very well.  She should be at a rehab facility next week. Then home when she is able to move around on her own.  Her her PT nurse came in and got some good advice for knee replacement. That will be looked into in the new year. Hopefully.
          Chicken soup is good for the soul and to fight a cold too. A little zing in the soup helps too. LOL
          Since we drew names for Christmas shopping is light, Just the grand daughters and 1 of the kids. LOL. Got son Jay. So not sure what to get him. Saw a cool messenger bag that would be ideal, he travels alot as well. Would like to make one, but not sure I have time, groan. Buying a good one is not in the budget. So I will have to find something else.  My young granddaughter Brianna will want to go to the Mall so she can show me what she wants. She says I always buy her "old fashioned" stuff.  Well she may have to be content with something old fashioned.  Marissa is easy to buy for. Clothes that fit. She wants me to sew her some sun dresses for next summer.  well enough! Happy to hear the good news. Have a super great day. Hugs Jolene

        • Kathleen
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 1, 2011
            That is just the way things happen Sam.. I think that having an injury sometimes brings on other things. and bronchitis is not what you need when recovering from a cracked pelvis. I remember when this happened to my mother. It was a nightmare because of all her sub fractures from her osteoporosis. And now you have it too. There is an awful lot of it going around. And hospitals are just the worst place to catch something.

            Will they send in home help for you once Jim comes home? We were able to get that for my mom when she came out of hospital after her fractured pelvis. Social services at the hospital helped with all that.

            Christmas shopping on line is the greatest thing for me this year too.. I am mostly going the Gift card route, but there are a few things I have to actually go to the mall for or a an particular store.  I am making up some gift baskets and need a few things I must see first before I put them in the baskets. I  plan to go during the week, next week when the stores are not too, too busy.

            Take care of yourself and I am so pleased that Jim is coming along...

            Kathleen

              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 1, 2011
                Great news!!!

                Julie

                Julie Harper
                julz0170@...
                www.youravon.com/jharper
                http://shop.avon.com/avonshop/becomearep/video/video.html
                Would you like to join my team and be an Avon Rep?? You can sign up with me from anywhere in the US. just put this website addy in.
                www.start.youravon.com
                then scroll down and enter the code which is jharper

                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 1, 2011
                  Sam,
                  that is really good news on Jim.  Hope the chicken soup did you good and you are feeling better.  We cannot have you sick also!!  Take it easy if you can .
                  Wish you both well.
                  Agnes
                  --
                • Nancy Alexander
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 2, 2011
                    Sam- Wonderful news about Jim- Hope he continues to feel better.
                    Nancy A :)