Re: [RobynCarr_Chatgroup] I have my new nook!!!

  • Kelly Spadini
    Message 1 of 28 , Mar 1, 2011
      That's awesome! Just in time to get Harvest Moon, if you haven't already. The Nook version comes out tomorrow!! Have fun!

      Kelly

      Message 2 of 28 , Mar 1, 2011
        Good for you JulieH.

        dance like nobody is watching
        live like it is heaven on earth

        Message 3 of 28 , Mar 1, 2011
          Congrats Julie.  I've had my NOOK for a year now and love it.  Glad you are enjoying yours.

          To: RobynCarr_Chatgroup@yahoogroups.com

              To: RobynCarr_Chatgroup@yahoogroups.com
              From: julz0170@...
              Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 22:11:58 -0800

            • msrbshil@tx.rr.com
              Message 6 of 28 , Mar 1, 2011
                Did you get a nook color or a regular one? What did you take back? Enjoy the new nook!

                Sandi

                --
                Sandi

                http://readers-n-ritas.org
              • Julie Harper

                  Message 8 of 28 , Mar 1, 2011
                    I want to hear all about it as you get into it. I've considered it, but I have a Kindle and a Nook already, which is already excessive...not to mention my Iphone, and Ipod! LOL!!!

                    --
                    Sandi

                    http://readers-n-ritas.org
                  • msrbshil@tx.rr.com
                    Message 9 of 28 , Mar 1, 2011
                      Don't know who might know and who might not. I got promoted in January, and am now the director of the child care center where I work. When I took over being the director we had somewhere between 70 and 75 kids. I set myself a goal (with no idea how I would get there) of 100 kids. I gave myself to July 1 to accomplish that. I'm now at 88! Haven't got a clue what I'm doing right, but sure am going to try to keep doing it! I have lost kids which is natural in the business, but knocking on wood seem to have someone coming in the door to make up for the loss, and as you can see even gaining! I'm super excited.

                      I'm going to get a nice bonus when I reach 100, and my boss keeps reminding me of it every time a tour comes in the door, and I remind her every time I get a new enrollment!

                      Sandi
                    • Leslie Johnson
                      Message 10 of 28 , Mar 1, 2011
                        Congratulations on the promotion and for growing the center :)

                         Cannot make it to church come to mine at www.cbbcfla.com  Just click on watch and you can see my church, hear the choir as well as see and hear my awesome Pastor. Come join us on Wednesday nights and for 2 services on Sunday.

                        Message 11 of 28 , Mar 1, 2011
                          Thanks!

                          sandi

                          --
                          Sandi

                          http://readers-n-ritas.org
                        • Julie Wolf
                          Message 12 of 28 , Mar 1, 2011
                            congrats Sandi, glad it is you with those youngsters though. whew!  Takes a very special persons to be around that many. :)

[...]

                          • Diana Smith
                            Message 13 of 28 , Mar 1, 2011
                              Congrats Sandi and good luck on getting your goal.

                              Diana Smith

                              Message 14 of 28 , Mar 1, 2011
                                Thanks! I might be at 90 by tomorrow or at least the end of the week. I had someone come in who said they were starting tomorrow and another family who took a packet!

                                Sandi

                                --
                                Sandi

                                http://readers-n-ritas.org
                              • DiPeg VanF
                                Message 15 of 28 , Mar 1, 2011
                                  congratuations, Sandi; that is fantastic news!
                                  Good for you, and I hope you get a big, fat bonus too!

                                  Do you still review books?

                                  Anyway, lots of luck.

                                  You are a smart lady and I am sure you know what you are doing.

                                  *Peg*
                                  =^..^=

                                  Message 16 of 28 , Mar 1, 2011
                                    At the moment I have severely cut down on my book reviews and other things I do online, as I'm going to school. I'm taking one class in an actual classroom, and one class online. I will be done in May, and then might go back to reviewing or might not. Haven't really decided as I've been actually reading out of my TBR and enjoying it!

                                    I won't be getting a cash bonus, but will be getting an IPAD! I've been lusting after one for awhile, and seriously considered asking for it for Christmas, but was more reasonable and asked for a Keurig coffeemaker instead! I told my boss I was going to treat myself and she said she'd buy it for me when we got there! I don't know if either of us thought it would happen, but happening it is!

                                    THanks for the compliment.

                                    Sandi

                                    --
                                    Sandi

                                    http://readers-n-ritas.org
                                  • DiPeg VanF
                                    Message 17 of 28 , Mar 1, 2011
                                      you will love the coffemaker!
                                      I have mine for a while now and also got one for my daughter and son in law on their wedding anniversary.
                                      i have the smallest one, where you make one cup at a time.  I don't have too much counter space, so this one really works for me.
                                      I do order a lot of the coffees online because I prefer a stronger coffee; most of them in the stores are light or medium roasts
                                      My daughter loves the flavored ones, so I always order them for her.
                                      If you look at Keurig's website you can purchase sample packs of 5 K-cups to try the coffee to see if you like it. I forget the price right now.

                                      that's great that you are going to school.  I am sure you are more than busy right now, but it will be worth it.

                                      It's hard for me to get a job, whether part time or not, at 64, they don't want me anymore and it's been four years trying to find something.  I go on interviews since I also have had a lot of experience with school children, but that doesn't matter; they see my age and that's enough!  It's really a shame.

                                      *Peg*
                                      =^..^=

                                      --
                                      Sandi

                                      http://readers-n-ritas.org

                                    • Leslie Johnson
                                      Message 18 of 28 , Mar 1, 2011
                                        Peg,
                                        I so agree with you on the job front. I have been out of work since Labor Day weekend and nothing. The recruiters see a little bit of silver in my hair and I never hear back from them and I am not quite 57

                                        --
                                        Sandi

                                        http://readers-n-ritas.org/

                                      • arubasam@aol.com
                                        Message 19 of 28 , Mar 1, 2011
                                          I love my Keurig and love all the coffees, but really enjoy the hot cocoa!!!   I also picked one of the small travel size Keurigs to take up to my daughters so if I want a cup of coffee in the evening, she doesn't have to make a whole pot.   Of course, if I said I wanted one, she would make it, but the little Keurig is so easy to use and also enjoy making a cup of tea.    I think they make a great gift!!
                                          Sam

                                          Message 20 of 28 , Mar 1, 2011
                                            I got the small one for Christmas. Then when I got promoted I treated myself to a bigger one for my house, and brought the small one into my office. I too love the hot chocolate! I got a bunch of it on Clearance and wish I could get more that cheap. I often use it to heat the water to make some broth.

                                            Sandi

                                            Message 21 of 28 , Mar 1, 2011
                                              i have the hot chocolate in milk choc and dark; love the dark.
                                              i was wasting a lot of coffee by using the regular coffee makers and to me they just didn't stay warm.  I even have a faberware coffee pot.
                                              I saw the Kuerig on QVC and the people raving about it, so I went online and got one.
                                              QVC always has them as a today's special.  Just had the large one for 109 which is not bad at all.
                                              I just feel the coffee stays a lot warmer when you make the one cup at a time.
                                              I also purchased the autoseal 16 oz travel mug from Gocontigo.com and run the coffeemaker twice, fill it up, put in my creamer and the coffee stays warm....I also use them for cold items also and those ice cubes seem to last for hours and hours in the mug.
                                              I also like teas in the coffeemaker also.
                                              It's really a great idea and the company must be doing well because they keep on improving the ones that are already out.

                                              *Peg*
                                              =^..^=

                                              Message 22 of 28 , Mar 1, 2011
                                                oooh...I'll have to check into the samplers. I have a few flavors I've been interested in trying, but didn't want to buy a whole box! I too love the dark! I found some chocolate flavoring at Walmart that I splash into it.

                                                Sandi
                                                ---- DiPeg VanF <dipeg@...> wrote:
                                                > i have the hot chocolate in milk choc and dark; love the dark.
                                                > i was wasting a lot of coffee by using the regular coffee makers and to me they just didn't stay warm.  I even have a faberware coffee pot.
                                                > I saw the Kuerig on QVC and the people raving about it, so I went online and got one.
                                                > QVC always has them as a today's special.  Just had the large one for 109 which is not bad at all.
                                                > I just feel the coffee stays a lot warmer when you make the one cup at a time.
                                                > I also purchased the autoseal 16 oz travel mug from Gocontigo.com and run the coffeemaker twice, fill it up, put in my creamer and the coffee stays warm....I also use them for cold items also and those ice cubes seem to last for hours and hours in the mug.
                                                > I also like teas in the coffeemaker also.
                                                > It's really a great idea and the company must be doing well because they keep on improving the ones that are already out.
                                                >

                                                > *Peg*
                                                > =^..^=

                                              • Agnes
                                                Message 23 of 28 , Mar 1, 2011
                                                  I got one of the larger one for Christmas.  I really enjoy it.  I fill it up once a day with water and forget about it.  I am going to the Keurig site tomorrow and try to find out how much it would be to ship some coffee here.  We do not have a wide variety in the stores.  At least not the ones I like to have.
                                                  Agnes
                                                  --

                                                  Life may not be the party we hoped for,
                                                  but while we are here we might as well dance!

                                                • Kathleen O'Donnell

                                                      Message 26 of 28 , Mar 3, 2011
                                                        i can understand and sympathize with you, believe me!  And you are only in your 50s right now; that shouldn't make a difference; you are not even close to 65!

                                                        It's been over four years for me.  And I still dye my hair dark brown, try and get rid of the grays right away, dress nice for interviews.  One guy even told me to my face, you don't have to dress up when you work here!  Imagine -- like was I supposed to go for the interview in casual clothes?

                                                        My son encouraged me to move here, stating jobs were so plentiful, and boy, was he wrong!
                                                        The people who interview you are like in their 20s or 30s so of course they are going to find people close to their age or even their friends.

                                                        A lot of people post the jobs around here just because they have to, but meanwhile the job has already been filled by someone they know.
                                                        I had a job in the beginning when I was just about 59; possibly 60 and when they saw my age they changed their minds.  And I told them right to their face!

                                                        having tons of experience doesn't seem to mean a thing anymore.  also staying at one job for a long time -- they couldn't care less.  the kids today go from job to job to get promotions and more money!

                                                        *Peg*
                                                        =^..^=

                                                        Message 27 of 28 , Mar 3, 2011
                                                          I understand how everyone feels because I am a massage therapist and I work with 20 olds and I have to always work on being the best
                                                          To say working. I am not 25 anymore lol
                                                          Mary katherine

                                                          From: DiPeg VanF <dipeg@...>
                                                          Sender: RobynCarr_Chatgroup@yahoogroups.com