Re: [RobynCarr_Chatgroup] Jack's Bar Luncheon

  • Kathleen ODonnell
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 1, 2008
      Sounds like you all had a great time at the luncheon. I was sure Robyn was going to be just a you described her. She can't be anything but, with the way she writes. Can't wait to see the pictures. Hope it is everything you wanted it to be.
      TTYL

      Kathleen

      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 1, 2008
        Hi Kathleen, I added the pictures to photos at Jack's Bar...I also have some of her at the author signing, but I will add those later...Are you planning on going to DC next year? I am really thinking of changing my plans so that I could go...I will probably go...this was one of the most amazing experiences of my life, and I am just so grateful that I got the chance to spend so much time with Robyn...

        Peace and love,
        Paula

        Message 3 of 18 , Aug 1, 2008
          Paula,
          Thanks for posting the pictures.  SF unfortunately is too far from me to attend just for a lunch. :'( , but I was there in spirit.
          Glad you all had a good time.
          Agnes
          --
          Don't make old ladies mad. They don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to set them off.

          Database version: 5.10390e
          http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/
        • Kathleen ODonnell
          Message 4 of 18 , Aug 1, 2008

            Hi Paula,

            Great Pictures. It looks like everyone was having a great time. I am planning on coming next year. I am trying to talk a friend, who like me is a great reader, to come too. We can drive down. It would probably take us about 10-12 hrs.

            There are a few other writer group weekends, I would like to attend to next year. We will see how it goes.

            Hope you are having a great time.!!

            Kathleen

            Message 5 of 18 , Aug 3, 2008
              Hey Kathleen, that would be awesome...I may be going to that one too...I know that I am definitely planning for the one in Nashville, TN. I used to go there during the winters. I love the Opryland Hotel; I never stayed there, but I walked through it a lot...there is so much to do there...I think I might actually start doing that again...I am glad that you like the pictures. I added more photos, just click on the link at Jack's Bar and you will find them...

              Message 6 of 18 , Aug 3, 2008
                No problem Agnes. Hopefully, you can attend the DC or Nashville one. I posted more pictures. Click on the photos link in Jack's Bar.

                Message 7 of 18 , Aug 3, 2008
                  Paula,
                  LOL, I am up in Canada.  Travel to the US is not so easy for me as for you ladies, who are travelling in yous own country.  Plus, unfortunately my health also puts limitation on my travel sometimes.  I just enjoy it through your pictures.  I attended one convention which was in Toronto a few years ago and I enjoyed it very much.
                  Agnes
                  --
                  Don't make old ladies mad. They don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to set them off.

                  Database version: 5.10390e
                  http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/
                • Ing cruz
                  Message 8 of 18 , Aug 3, 2008
                    Paula and Kate thanks for all the wonderful pictures!  I'm so glad you all had fun!  Rose was kind and called me everyday to give me the 411 on the events and happenings!

                    It looks like you all had so much fun!  I'm glad the luncheon went well.  Isn't Robyn just wonderful and beautiful too...it's really sickening! LOL!!  I was so bum to miss the luncheon but glad the arrangements went well.

                    Washington DC is a definite for me next year so hope to meet you all there next year.  So for any that haven't been to one of these events save some money and head to Washington DC next year!  We'll be doing another Jack's Bar Luncheon if Robyn's schedule isn't too hectic.

                    Hugs,
                    Ing

                    To: RobynCarr_Chatgroup@yahoogroups.com
                    From: paula_02912@...
                    Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 06:33:39 +0000

                    Robyn is so open and giving. Her humility is great; I love that.
                    She was so welcoming, and it was great to see her. The whole author
                    signing event was a bit overwhelming for me at first. I think it was
                    just too much sensory and visual overload. It had a blast though. Ing,
                    the luncheon was great. It was really wonderful to be able to sit down
                    some of you guys with Robyn and just talk face to face. I am so glad
                    that I had the opportunity to meet with Robyn. Her editor joined us as
                    well, and that was a nice surprise. Today marks the re-issue of the
                    Grace Valley series guys, make sure you all go out and get them, if
                    you don't already have them. Ing, let me know if you need me to send
                    you pics okay. I know that a bunch of us took pictures, and I made
                    sure that Robyn had some too...

                    Peace and love,
                    Paula R.

                    Your PC, mobile phone, and online services work together like never before. See how Windows® fits your life
                  • Ing cruz
                    Message 9 of 18 , Aug 3, 2008
                      Kathleen,

                      You definitely have to come next year!  DC will be a fun trip.  I'm hoping that I'll have enough vacation time because I really want to go to both the Romantic Times Convention which will be in Orlando and the Romance Writer's of America Conference.

                      What other readers group weekend were you referring too?

                      Hugs,
                      Ing

                      To: RobynCarr_Chatgroup@yahoogroups.com

                      Message 10 of 18 , Jul 17, 2009
                        That is great, I am glad you had fun

                        Kim
                      • Carolynn Carey
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jul 17, 2009
                          The luncheon sounds wonderful!  I hope we do one next year as I plan to go to the conference and would love meeting folks!

                          And thanks for the Nancy Thayer recommendation. I'm going to check her out.  Always love to find a new author.
                          Carolynn

                          * * * * * * * * * * *
                          Carolynn Carey
                          DEALING WITH DENVER
                          Coming Soon
                          www.CarolynnCarey.com

                        • they60@yahoo.com
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jul 17, 2009
                            Where will it be next year?

                            Terri. Ri

                            From: Carolynn Carey
                            Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 12:27:20 -0400
                            To: <RobynCarr_Chatgroup@yahoogroups.com>
                            Subject: [RobynCarr_Chatgroup] Re:Jack's Bar Luncheon

                            The luncheon sounds wonderful!  I hope we do one next year as I plan to go to the conference and would love meeting folks!

                            And thanks for the Nancy Thayer recommendation. I'm going to check her out.  Always love to find a new author.
                            Carolynn

                            * * * * * * * * * * *
                            Carolynn Carey
                            DEALING WITH DENVER
                            Coming Soon
                            www.CarolynnCarey. com

                          • Carolynn Sue Carey
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jul 17, 2009
                              Sorry to be slow responding. (I'm on digest.) The conference will be in Nashville, TN, next year, which is within driving distance for me (about four hours). I hope lots of other people can make it to that one too.
                              Carolynn

                              Message 14 of 18 , Jul 19, 2009
                                I plan on being in Nashville. I absolutely love it there...

                                Peace and love,
                                Paula

                                Message 15 of 18 , Jul 19, 2009
                                  I guess I will have to wait till it is in New England.

                                  Unless I happen to be in FL when it is going on.

                                  Terri. Ri

                                  From: Paula Robinson
                                  Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 15:51:45 -0700 (PDT)
                                  To: <RobynCarr_Chatgroup@yahoogroups.com>
                                  Subject: Re: [RobynCarr_Chatgroup] Re:Jack's Bar Luncheon

                                  I plan on being in Nashville. I absolutely love it there...

                                  Peace and love,
                                  Paula

                                  Sorry to be slow responding. (I'm on digest.) The conference will be in Nashville, TN, next year, which is within driving distance for me (about four hours). I hope lots of other people can make it to that one too.
                                  Carolynn

                                  --- In RobynCarr_Chatgroup @yahoogroups. com, they60@... wrote:

                                  > Where will it be next year?
                                  >
                                  > Terri. Ri

                                • Kate Douglas
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Jul 20, 2009

                                    That was so much fun! Thanks to Ing for organizing and to Robyn for hosting—and I love my cool tee shirt! Who did those? They’re wonderful!!! (I even snagged one for my husband, and since he thinks Robyn’s perfect, I know he’ll be wearing. Picturing him on his motorcycle, wearing a Virgin River tee...)

                                    This is such a wonderful group online, that I knew everyone would be terrific in person, and I was right!

                                    kate

                                    Kate Douglas

                                    www.katedouglas.com

                                    It’s the battle of good vs. evil—and the demon’s the good guy