Congratulations, Kristan!!!!

  • carrson2001
    Message 1 of 21 , Aug 1 9:17 AM

      Wonderful, wonderful news!  I am back from Orlando, which fulfilled the Three F's -- Fun, Frantic and Fattening -- and couldn't wait to get up this morning and check the rwanational.org website for the Rita Winners!  Our friend and one of our favorite authors won in her category -- Best Contemporary Romance -- Kristan Higgins!  Congratulations from me, Kristan, and probably from ALL the Jack's Bar folks.  I raise my glass to you -- and may you collect many many more!

      I was able to spend time with many of our favorite authors -- Kate Douglas, Deanna Raybourn, Kristan -- and with quite a few of you at the Jack's Bar luncheon -- thank you so much for coming.

      Now after a bit of rest and dieting, I'll be typing my brains out once again!

      xoxoxo

      Robyn

    • carrson2001
      Message 2 of 21 , Aug 1 9:21 AM

        A slight addition/correction -- Kristan won for Best Contemporary Single Title Romance, Too Good To be True -- one of my absolute favorites for the year!!

        If you haven't read it yet, better get it.  It's fantastic!

        xoxoxox

      • superauntkx9_@live.ca

          Message 4 of 21 , Aug 1 10:02 AM
            I have read it and I just finished her latest book and it was amazing. I think it is now my new fav of hers.

            Kathleen

          • mwodrich@aol.com
            Message 5 of 21 , Aug 1 10:34 AM
              Congratulations Kristin! I loved it too! Lizz

              Message 6 of 21 , Aug 1 10:35 AM
                I've been following everyone's fun times on Facebook. I wish I could
                have come down and joined in the fun, but with having to have the dog
                put to sleep and whatnot I just wasn't ready to do things. I'm glad
                it was Fun, Frantic and Fattening! Lizz

              • crossroadsg@charter.net
                Message 7 of 21 , Aug 1 12:44 PM
                  Congrats Kristin. I have it on my TBR pile about 3rd one down.
                  Nancy :)

                  ---- superauntkx9_@... wrote:
                  > I have read it and I just finished her latest book and it was amazing. I think it is now my new fav of hers.
                  >
                  > Kathleen
                  >

                  > A slight addition/correction -- Kristan won for Best Contemporary Single Title Romance, Too Good To be True -- one of my absolute favorites for the year!!
                  >
                  > If you haven't read it yet, better get it. It's fantastic!
                  >
                  > xoxoxox

                • Julie Harper
                  Message 8 of 21 , Aug 1 8:44 PM
                    Congrats Kristan!!! I am reading one of your books right now because I heard Robyn and everyone talking about you and am loving it!! Robyn, so glad you guys had fun. I really wish I could have been there. That was probably as close as it will ever get to me. Post pictures!!! I hope you all have a blessed week!! Stay cool with the heat index it is going to get up to 115 tomorrow and the AC in my car conked out augh!! Talk to you all soon.

                    Julie H.

                    Julie

                    Julie Harper
                    julz0170@...
                    www.youravon.com/jharper
                    http://shop.avon.com/avonshop/becomearep/video/video.html
                    Would you like to join my team and be an Avon Rep?? You can sign up with me from anywhere in the US. just put this website addy in.
                    www.start.youravon.com
                    then scroll down and enter the code which is jharper

                      A slight addition/correction -- Kristan won for Best Contemporary Single Title Romance, Too Good To be True -- one of my absolute favorites for the year!!
                      If you haven't read it yet, better get it.  It's fantastic!
                      xoxoxox

                    • Kelly Spadini
                      Message 10 of 21 , Aug 1 11:36 PM
                        Congrats Kristan! I am reading All I Ever Wanted right now. Sure makes the workday go alot faster! I work in a call center and am allowed to read in between calls.

                        Kelly

                        Sent from my iPod

                        julz0170@yahoo. com
                        www.youravon. com/jharper
                        http://shop.avon.com/ avonshop/ becomearep/ video/video. html
                        Would you like to join my team and be an Avon Rep?? You can sign up with me from anywhere in the US. just put this website addy in.
                        www.start.youravon. com
                        then scroll down and enter the code which is jharper

                        A slight addition/correction -- Kristan won for Best Contemporary Single Title Romance, Too Good To be True -- one of my absolute favorites for the year!!
                        If you haven't read it yet, better get it.  It's fantastic!
                        xoxoxox

                      • Julie Wolf
                        Message 11 of 21 , Aug 2 4:01 AM
                          Oh what fun you had!  Congrats to Kristan!!

                          dance like nobody is watching
                          live like it is heaven on earth

                          Message 12 of 21 , Aug 2 4:24 AM
                            Jack's Bar
                            Thank you so much, Robyn and the rest of the gang! It was such a wonderful conference, and winning the Rita was a wonderful shock (my money was on Christie Ridgeway, honestly). I had a wonderful time, gained about three pounds and got to chat not once but twice with our favorite author, the loveliest and most generous Robyn. For those of you who haven't met her, well...she's exactly what you'd expect. Warm, funny, down-to-earth with a healthy dose of tabasco sauce thrown in to keep things lively. At the RWA conference, we generally leave with dozens and dozens of books, but I had to bring a Virgin River with me down from Connecticut; couldn't bear to be parted from it, so there I was each night around midnight, when I should've been sleeping, spending time with Preacher, Jack, Mel and Rick and happy as a clam.

                            At any rate, thanks to everyone for your notes! I really love hanging out at Jack's.

                            xox
                            Kristan
                          • ssic27hpfn
                            Message 13 of 21 , Aug 2 6:29 AM
                              Congratulations, Kristan!!! I love all your books and you deserve the best.

                              Josie
                              --- In RobynCarr_Chatgroup@yahoogroups.com, "carrson2001" <RCarrWriter@...> wrote:

                              > A slight addition/correction -- Kristan won for Best Contemporary Single
                              > Title Romance, Too Good To be True -- one of my absolute favorites for
                              > the year!!
                              >
                              > If you haven't read it yet, better get it. It's fantastic!
                              >
                              > xoxoxox

                            • carrson2001
                              Message 14 of 21 , Aug 2 7:06 AM
                                Anne and Paula both were snapping pictures like mad at the luncheon. Ladies? gonna put 'em up at the bar? Robyn

                              • superauntkx9_@live.ca
                                Message 15 of 21 , Aug 2 7:30 AM
                                  And we love having you hang out with us..

                                  Kathleen

[...]

                                • Carrie Hinkel-Gill
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Aug 2 7:55 AM
                                    Congrats Kristin!

                                    Ooh! I forgot to look for those cute videos you gals always do before the winner is announced!  Did you do one this year?  Where can I find it!

                                    Carrie
                                    Writer, Editor, Columnist, Webmistress

                                    So many authors, so little time!

                                    Go Green: Reduce Reuse, Recycle, Read eBooks
                                    Get Bogut Squad 6?: http://www.nba.com/bucks/squad6.html
                                    Got Mayhem?: http://moonlightlacemayhem.blogspot.com/
                                    My World: http://carriesworldblog.blogspot.com/

                                    Message 17 of 21 , Aug 2 8:22 AM
                                      Big Hugs and congrats to you for the great win!!!

                                      Message 18 of 21 , Aug 2 8:42 AM
                                        Oh I knew we could count on them... Looking forward to seeing the pictures.
                                        Kathleen

                                        Anne and Paula both were snapping pictures like mad at the luncheon. Ladies? gonna put 'em up at the bar? Robyn

                                        --- In RobynCarr_Chatgroup@yahoogroups.com, Julie Harper <julz0170@...> wrote:

                                        > Congrats Kristan!!! I am reading one of your books right now because I heard Robyn and everyone talking about you and am loving it!! Robyn, so glad you guys had fun. I really wish I could have been there. That was probably as close as it will ever get to me. Post pictures!!! I hope you all have a blessed week!! Stay cool with the heat index it is going to get up to 115 tomorrow and the AC in my car conked out augh!! Talk to you all soon.
                                        >
                                        > Julie H.
                                        >
                                        > Julie
                                        >
                                        > Julie Harper
                                        > julz0170@...
                                        > www.youravon.com/jharper
                                        > http://shop.avon.com/avonshop/becomearep/video/video.html
                                        > Would you like to join my team and be an Avon Rep?? You can sign up with me from anywhere in the US. just put this website addy in.
                                        > www.start.youravon.com
                                        > then scroll down and enter the code which is jharper

                                      • Paula R.
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Aug 2 10:19 AM
                                          I would like to add my congratulations to that as well. Too Good is one of my top faves of Kristan's books. The look on her face when she got up there to receive the award was priceless. Her category was a tough one, and I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the names.They were a list of my keeper authors. When I first heard the title of her book being called, I wasn't sure I heard correctly, then they said it again and I jumped up screaming. The people at my table probably thought I was crazy. YAY Kristan!!!!

                                          Peace and love,
                                          Paula R.

                                          --- In RobynCarr_Chatgroup@yahoogroups.com, "carrson2001" <RCarrWriter@...> wrote:

                                          > Wonderful, wonderful news! I am back from Orlando, which fulfilled the
                                          > Three F's -- Fun, Frantic and Fattening -- and couldn't wait to get up
                                          > this morning and check the rwanational.org website for the Rita Winners!
                                          > Our friend and one of our favorite authors won in her category -- Best
                                          > Contemporary Romance -- Kristan Higgins! Congratulations from me,
                                          > Kristan, and probably from ALL the Jack's Bar folks. I raise my glass
                                          > to you -- and may you collect many many more!
                                          >
                                          > I was able to spend time with many of our favorite authors -- Kate
                                          > Douglas, Deanna Raybourn, Kristan -- and with quite a few of you at the
                                          > Jack's Bar luncheon -- thank you so much for coming.
                                          >
                                          > Now after a bit of rest and dieting, I'll be typing my brains out once
                                          > again!
                                          >
                                          > xoxoxo
                                          >
                                          > Robyn

                                        • Paula R.
                                          Message 20 of 21 , Aug 2 1:42 PM
                                            I am uploading them now, Robyn. I am going to include those I took of you at the signing too. They will also be on facebook for anyone who wants to check them out. They are not up yet though, so give a little time to get there.

                                            Peace and love,
                                            Paula R.

                                            --- In RobynCarr_Chatgroup@yahoogroups.com, "carrson2001" <RCarrWriter@...> wrote:

                                            > Anne and Paula both were snapping pictures like mad at the luncheon. Ladies? gonna put 'em up at the bar? Robyn

                                          • Diana Smith
                                            Message 21 of 21 , Aug 4 2:43 PM
                                              Sounds like a great time was had by all. Glad you made it home okay Robyn and congrats to Kristan for sure.
                                              Lol,Diana

                                              Diana Smith>

                                              > Wonderful, wonderful news! I am back from Orlando, which fulfilled the
                                              > Three F's -- Fun, Frantic and Fattening -- and couldn't wait to get up
                                              > this morning and check the rwanational.org website for the Rita Winners!
                                              > Our friend and one of our favorite authors won in her category -- Best
                                              > Contemporary Romance -- Kristan Higgins! Congratulations from me,
                                              > Kristan, and probably from ALL the Jack's Bar folks. I raise my glass
                                              > to you -- and may you collect many many more!
                                              >
                                              > I was able to spend time with many of our favorite authors -- Kate
                                              > Douglas, Deanna Raybourn, Kristan -- and with quite a few of you at the
                                              > Jack's Bar luncheon -- thank you so much for coming.
                                              >
                                              > Now after a bit of rest and dieting, I'll be typing my brains out once
                                              > again!
                                              >
                                              > xoxoxo

                                              Robyn