Re: [RobynCarr_Chatgroup] My March Reads

  • Kathleen ODonnell
    Message 1 of 23 , Apr 1, 2008
      I really don't keep track of how many books I read a month probably some where around 5 or 6 a week.  I have had a lot of time on my hands the last several months and the library is only 5 minutes away. So I am there about 2-3 times a week. I will have to keep track of how many I read and who I have been reading.

      Although my April is going to be a busy month, so I may not be able to read as much this month.

      Take care

      "Ann M." <apmkc1@...> wrote:
      My March reads

      I read 19 books with 9 books that fit in the eHarlequin challenge.

      I found that I will add Susan Wiggs, Pamela Clare, Samantha Graves
      and Janice Maynard to my autobuy list.

      While I enjoy reading category romance, I found that they were more
      likely to be uneven and not get at least a four out of five.

      Lastly I know not to let the books build up so I have to blog about
      them all in one afternoon/evening. :)  It is much easier to blog about
      one or two books than 19 books.

      I've read over 50 books since January.
      --
      -:¦:-

      ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
      ¸.·´ .·´¨¨)).· ´¨¨)) -:¦:- ·´
      ((¸¸. ·´ .. ·´ Ann M. -:¦:-
      :¦:- ((¸¸.·´* -:¦:- ´* -:¦:- ´*

      -:¦:-

      Kathleen

    • Maureen
      Message 2 of 23 , Mar 31, 2012
        LAWMAN'S PERFECT SURRENDER--Jennifer Morey
        TEXAS BABY SANCTUARY--Linda Conrad
        BAREFOOT SEASON--Susan Mallery
        WOODROSE MOUNTAIN--Rae Anne Thayne
        CAVANAUGH'S BODYGUARD--Marie Ferrarella
        WICKED APPETITE--Janet Evanovich
        HAVING ADAM'S BABY--Christyne Butler
        MORE THAN ONE NIGHT--Sarah Mayberry
        FROM FATHER TO SON--Janice Kay Johnson
        CASSIE'S GRAND PLAN--Emmie Dark
        ONE IN A MILLION--Susan Mallery
        A DAD FOR HER TWO SONS--Tanya Michaels
        FORTUNE'S-HERO--Susan Crosby
        FORTUNE'S-IN THE ARMS OF THE LAW--Peggy Moreland
        FORTUNE'S-A BABY CHANGES EVERYTHING--Marie Ferrarella
        FORTUNE'S-LONE STAR RANCHER--Laura Paige
        FORTUNE's-THE GOOD DOCTOR--Karen Rose Smith
        FORTUNE'S-THE DEBUTANTE--Elizabeth Bevarly
        FORTUNE'S-KEEPING HER SAFE--Myrna MacKenzie
        SUNRISE POINT--Robyn Carr

        Enjoyed everything.
      • Kathleen
        Message 3 of 23 , Mar 31, 2012
          Great March reading list Maureen...

          Kathleen

          Message 4 of 23 , Mar 31, 2012
            i hate to be a pain, but how did you like
            Barefoot Season by Susan Mallery?
            thanx

            *Peg*

            Message 5 of 23 , Mar 31, 2012
              Great list. I have some of these in my tbr pile. Thanks for sharing.

              Diana Smith

              Message 6 of 23 , Apr 1, 2012
                I enjoyed it very much. I had a problem with Woodrose Mountain. It seemed a litle slow in the beginning but after a while I got into it.
                Maureen

                --- In RobynCarr_Chatgroup@yahoogroups.com, DiPeg VanF <dipeg@...> wrote:

                > i hate to be a pain, but how did you like
                > Barefoot Season by Susan Mallery?
                > thanx
                >
                > *Peg*
                >

                > ________________________________

              • Kathleen O'Donnell
                Message 7 of 23 , Apr 2, 2013

                  I can't believe I only read 8 books this month..

                  Dream Eyes
                  Krentz, Jayne AnnHDC4.5
                  The WandererCarr, RobynPBK5.0++
                  The Long Way HomeStewart, MariahPBK5.0++
                  The Best ManHiggins, KristanPBK5.0+
                  Sand Castle BayWoods, SherrylPBK5.0++
                  The Boldest Man in BallymuirKelly, Doriene-book4.5
                  Secrets of the Lost SummerNeggers, CarlaPBK3.5
                  Cajan HotBlack, Nikitae-book4.5

                  Kathleen
                • iowa55wolf@yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 23 , Apr 2, 2013
                    But what good books they were. I have read a couple of these and have one or two in my tbr mountains.
                    Hope you are having good weather. We went from spring back to winter here. Ugh!
                    Take care my friend.
                    Sent from my LG phone

                    Kathleen O'Donnell <superauntkx9_@...> wrote:

                    > I can't believe I only read 8 books this month..
                    >

                    > Dream
                    > Eyes
                    > Krentz, Jayne Ann
                    > HDC
                    > 4.5
                    >

                    > The Wanderer
                    > Carr, Robyn
                    > PBK
                    > 5.0++
                    >

                    > The Long Way Home
                    > Stewart, Mariah
                    > PBK
                    > 5.0++
                    >

                    > The Best Man
                    > Higgins, Kristan
                    > PBK
                    > 5.0+
                    >

                    > Sand Castle Bay
                    > Woods, Sherryl
                    > PBK
                    > 5.0++
                    >

                    > The Boldest Man in Ballymuir
                    > Kelly, Dorien
                    > e-book
                    > 4.5
                    >

                    > Secrets of the Lost Summer
                    > Neggers, Carla
                    > PBK
                    > 3.5
                    >

                    > Cajan Hot
                    > Black, Nikita
                    > e-book
                    > 4.5
                    >

                    >Kathleen

                  • Kathleen O'Donnell
                    Message 9 of 23 , Apr 2, 2013
                       We did too with the weather it is only about 9 or 10 here today with the windchill...

                      Kathleen

                      To: RobynCarr_Chatgroup@yahoogroups.com
                      From: iowa55wolf@...
                      Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 11:34:00 -0500
                      Subject: Re: [RobynCarr_Chatgroup] My March Reads

                      But what good books they were. I have read a couple of these and have one or two in my tbr mountains.
                      Hope you are having good weather. We went from spring back to winter here. Ugh!
                      Take care my friend.
                      Sent from my LG phone

                      Kathleen O'Donnell <superauntkx9_@...> wrote:

                      > I can't believe I only read 8 books this month..
                      >

                      > Dream
                      > Eyes
                      > Krentz, Jayne Ann
                      > HDC
                      > 4.5
                      >

                      > The Wanderer
                      > Carr, Robyn
                      > PBK
                      > 5.0++
                      >

                      > The Long Way Home
                      > Stewart, Mariah
                      > PBK
                      > 5.0++
                      >

                      > The Best Man
                      > Higgins, Kristan
                      > PBK
                      > 5.0+
                      >

                      > Sand Castle Bay
                      > Woods, Sherryl
                      > PBK
                      > 5.0++
                      >

                      > The Boldest Man in Ballymuir
                      > Kelly, Dorien
                      > e-book
                      > 4.5
                      >

                      > Secrets of the Lost Summer
                      > Neggers, Carla
                      > PBK
                      > 3.5
                      >

                      > Cajan Hot
                      > Black, Nikita
                      > e-book
                      > 4.5
                      >

                      >Kathleen

                    • Maureen Hubley
                      Message 10 of 23 , Apr 2, 2013
                        This morning temp was 13 now it is snowing and blowing and WC is  degrees.  Where is the spring we had this past weekend.

                        Maureen

                        To: RobynCarr_Chatgroup@yahoogroups.com From: iowa55wolf@... Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 11:34:00 -0500 Subject: Re: [RobynCarr_Chatgroup] My March Reads
                        But what good books they were. I have read a couple of these and have one or two in my tbr mountains. Hope you are having good weather. We went from spring back to winter here. Ugh! Take care my friend. Sent from my LG phone Kathleen O'Donnell <mailto:superauntkx9_%40live.ca> wrote:
                        Message 11 of 23 , Apr 2, 2013
                          I meant to say with the wind chill it is 8 degrees now.
                          Maureen

                          To: RobynCarr_Chatgroup@yahoogroups.com From: iowa55wolf@... Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 11:34:00 -0500 Subject: Re: [RobynCarr_Chatgroup] My March Reads
                          Message 12 of 23 , Apr 2, 2013
                            Wow it has been in 30 and 40 degrees here. That is cold enough for me with the high winds. Where did spring go? Stay warm my friends. Diana
                            Sent from my LG phone

                          • Kathleen O'Donnell
                            Message 13 of 23 , Apr 2, 2013
                              I went out to get the mail this afternoon and nearly froze... I jumped right back in the house real quick... and I only had to step out about three steps to the mail box...

                              It is supposed to get a little warmer by Thursday.. I am not going out until it reaches to at least 45 degrees.

                              Kathleen

                              To: RobynCarr_Chatgroup@yahoogroups.com
                              From: iowa55wolf@...
                              Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 16:38:22 -0500

                              Wow it has been in 30 and 40 degrees here. That is cold enough for me with the high winds. Where did spring go? Stay warm my friends. Diana
                              Sent from my LG phone

                              Maureen Hubley <maureenhubley@...> wrote:

                              >I meant to say with the wind chill it is 8 degrees now.
                              >Maureen
                              >

                              >________________________________

                            • maggie34sunshine
                              Message 14 of 23 , Apr 3, 2013
                                LOL  I have to hand it to you gals who live in those really cold winter areas~~~I suppose I would get used to it if I lived there, but I like having four seasons (well, not exactly four, because summer and winter seems to be the only ones left).  I have friends who leave New Jersey as soon as they take down the Christmas decorations and head south in their camper/truck ~~~ and they don't head back north until the end of April or first of May!   As Bob says ~~ they leave the "white shit"** to the rest of their family and neighbors!!   They would have moved south had they been able to sell their house a couple of years ago~~~ but in the meantime, they will venture out at the end of December every year and enjoy the campgrounds between SC and the Florida Keys.   I'd love to do that, but I could only be comfortable in a camper for a weekend~~~anymore than that, I would probably run screaming into the closest Holiday Inn.   But, they love it and that's all that matters!!!!   She {Maggie} has a blog (Retirement Years) and she sends the best pictures along with her very intelligent writings.   To each his own, as the saying goes.
                                SAM  **  pardon my french, but that's what they call it!!!)

                                To: RobynCarr_Chatgroup@yahoogroups.com
                                From: iowa55wolf@...
                                Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 16:38:22 -0500

                                Wow it has been in 30 and 40 degrees here. That is cold enough for me with the high winds. Where did spring go? Stay warm my friends. Diana
                                Sent from my LG phone

                                Maureen Hubley <maureenhubley@...> wrote:

                                >I meant to say with the wind chill it is 8 degrees now.
                                >Maureen
                                >

                                >________________________________

                              • Kathleen O'Donnell
                                Message 15 of 23 , Apr 3, 2013
                                  Like you Sam, my idea of roughing it would be the Holiday Inn... like you say to each their own.. I would love to head to Florida for the winter, but it's just not in the budget...
                                  Maybe next year.

                                  Kathleen

                                  To: RobynCarr_Chatgroup@yahoogroups.com

                                  From: iowa55wolf@...
                                  Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 16:38:22 -0500

                                  Wow it has been in 30 and 40 degrees here. That is cold enough for me with the high winds. Where did spring go? Stay warm my friends. Diana
                                  Sent from my LG phone

                                  Maureen Hubley <maureenhubley@...> wrote:

                                  >I meant to say with the wind chill it is 8 degrees now.
                                  >Maureen
                                  >

                                  >________________________________

                                • Diana Smith
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Apr 3, 2013
                                    These cold winds bother my old bones more than they used to. But I have been here in Wichita almost all of my life so will probably die here. You just have to bundle up more.

                                    Diana Smith

[...]

                                    To: RobynCarr_Chatgroup@yahoogroups.com From: iowa55wolf@... Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 16:38:22 -0500 Subject: Re: Diana/RE: [RobynCarr_Chatgroup] My March Reads
                                    Wow it has been in 30 and 40 degrees here. That is cold enough for me with the high winds. Where did spring go? Stay warm my friends. Diana Sent from my LG phone Maureen Hubley <mailto:maureenhubley%40yahoo.com> wrote: >I meant to say with the wind chill it is 8 degrees now. >Maureen > > >________________________________ > From: Maureen Hubley <mailto:maureenhubley%40yahoo.com> >To: "mailto:RobynCarr_Chatgroup%40yahoogroups.commailto:RobynCarr_Chatgroup%40yahoogroups.com> >Sent: Tuesday, April 2, 2013 3:16 PM >Subject: Re: Diana/RE: [RobynCarr_Chatgroup] My March Reads > > >  > >This morning temp was 13 now it is snowing and blowing and WC is  degrees.  Where is the spring we had this past weekend. >  >Maureen > > >________________________________ > From: Kathleen O'Donnell <mailto:superauntkx9_%40live.ca> >To: RobynCarr_Chatgroup <mailto:robyncarr_chatgroup%40yahoogroups.com> >Sent: Tuesday, April 2, 2013 2:32 PM >Subject: Diana/RE: [RobynCarr_Chatgroup] My March Reads > >  > We did too with the weather it is only about 9 or 10 here today with the windchill... >Kathleen   > >________________________________ >To: mailto:RobynCarr_Chatgroup%40yahoogroups.com From: mailto:iowa55wolf%40yahoo.com Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 11:34:00 -0500 Subject: Re: [RobynCarr_Chatgroup] My March Reads   >But what good books they were. I have read a couple of these and have one or two in my tbr mountains. >Hope you are having good weather. We went from spring back to winter here. Ugh! >Take care my friend. >Sent from my LG phone Kathleen O'Donnell <mailto:superauntkx9_%40live.ca> wrote: > I can't believe I only read 8 books this month.. >> >> >> >> >> >> Dream >> Eyes >> Krentz, Jayne Ann >> HDC >> 4.5 >> >> >> The Wanderer >> Carr, Robyn >> PBK >> 5.0++ >> >> >> The Long Way Home >> Stewart, Mariah >> PBK >> 5.0++ >> >> >> The Best Man >> Higgins, Kristan >> PBK >> 5.0+ >> >> >> Sand Castle Bay >> Woods, Sherryl >> PBK >> 5.0++ >> >> >> The Boldest Man in Ballymuir >> Kelly, Dorien >> e-book >> 4.5 >> >> >> Secrets of the Lost Summer >> Neggers, Carla >> PBK >> 3.5 >> >> >> Cajan Hot >> Black, Nikita >> e-book >> 4.5 >> >> >> >> >>Kathleen >> >
                                  • Jo Ann Jackson
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Apr 3, 2013

                                      You all probably don’t want to hear that we are having a cold snap here is Texas and the temps are just under 50F and we can’t wait for early next week when it will be back above 75F again.

                                      Jo Ann

                                      Message 18 of 23 , Apr 3, 2013
                                        That is a similar conversation I had with my aunt in Florida.. Don't tell me about the weather... It's only 21 here right now and that is not Celsius .

                                        Kathleen

                                        To: RobynCarr_Chatgroup@yahoogroups.com
                                        From: jajjmj@...
                                        Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 17:11:42 -0500