My December Reading

  • meah56
    Message 1 of 79 , Jan 1, 2010
      On Strike for Christmas by Sheila Roberts
      That Holiday Feeling by D. Macomber, S. Woods, R. Carr
      Blue Christmas by Mary Kay Andrews
      It Happened One Night by Lisa Dale
      A Stone Creek Christmas by Linda Lael Miller
      The Christmas Bus by Melody Carlson
      At Home in Stone Creek by Linda Lael Miller
      The Secret of Everything by Barbara O'Neal
      Truly, Madly by Heather Webber
      The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon

      Lots of Christmas reading but a few others. A great reading month!
    • Bob Taylor
      Message 79 of 79 , Jan 25, 2015
        Helen
        I quite agree, I feel that the man charged should have done more time. As should Andrew if there is any truth in the allegations, prince or not. Other than a photograph that shows only that the girl was in the same location, I haven’t seen anything to definitely show any contact between the two. I’ve seen accidents where every police officer at the scene has wound up having to fight lawsuits alleging that the accident was not properly investigated. A number of lawyers seem to feel that the best defence is a good offence, and once money enters into the equation anything can happen. We have one going on right now where a motorist plowed into three boys on bicycles, killing one and seriously injuring the other two. It happened at night, but the bicycles were properly equipped with reflectors, and the boys were wearing reflective clothing. The female driver is suing the two boys that survived and the parents of the dead boy for damages because of the trauma she has suffered because of their negligence. to me the thing that stinks in the whole deal is that she and her Police Officer husband in separate vehicles were driving home from a bar where they admit having several drinks, yet the police officers investigating the accident made no attempt to have her provide a breath sample, or even make a drivers statement.

        Bob

        Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2015 6:01 PM
        Subject: Re: [RobynCarr_Chatgroup] Reading

        I'm sure you're correct about the wide net, but this is a very very bad man and convicted for his unspeakable acts. He would have served more than ten months if he hadn't had the money for such a high powered defense team. For Andrew to be photographed with the then 17 year old girl is very damning and surely worrisome to the monarchy at best. I hate it for him. He has always been one of my favorites of that family. I hope the girl's allegations aren't true.

        Helen

        This email message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain legally privileged and confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone at 404-582-8073 or by electronic mail, and delete this message and all copies and backups thereof. Thank you.

        On Jan 24, 2015, at 9:09 PM, 'Bob Taylor' bob193780@...<mailto:bob193780@...> [RobynCarr_Chatgroup] <RobynCarr_Chatgroup@yahoogroups.com<mailto:RobynCarr_Chatgroup@yahoogroups.com>> wrote:

        Helen

        I don’t know whether Andrew has done what they are alleging but he was unfortunate in being listed among the friends of the American who is supposed to have done everything. he probably isn’t the only one mentioned. From other law suits I know that when they are looking for money the lawyers will cast the net as wide as possible hoping that some will settle rather than invest the time and money in defending it so right now I’m kind of reserving judgment. It’s one thing to allege something but very different to prove it. trouble is in the media he has been tried and convicted.

        Bob