New Review Site

  • Robyn Carr
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2007

      Hi everyone -- I wanted to let you know about a new review site in which your favorite authors are reviewing their favorite books.  www.writersarereaders.com

      I've just spent the past hour reading reviews.  Have a look -- tell me what you think.

      xoxoxo

      Robyn

    • Nancy Erskine
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 1, 2007
        Thanks Robyn!

        I bookmarked the site. Was interesting to see what authors read<GGG>!
        Nancy

        Robyn Carr <RCarrWriter@...> wrote:
        Hi everyone -- I wanted to let you know about a new review site in which your favorite authors are reviewing their favorite books.  www.writersarereaders.com
        I've just spent the past hour reading reviews.  Have a look -- tell me what you think.
        xoxoxo
        Robyn

        Use: www.goodsearch.com to support Our Special Angels
        THANK YOU!

        List Mom
        Come join us!
      • Ann M.
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 1, 2007
          I was just going to mention that Robyn is now reviewing books.  :)  It looks like a great.

          I haven't had a chance to read the reviews but what a great idea.  Here's the
          review about VR.  Wonderful of course.  :)

          A.

          On 11/2/07, Robyn Carr <RCarrWriter@...> wrote:

          Hi everyone -- I wanted to let you know about a new review site in which your favorite authors are reviewing their favorite books.  www.writersarereaders.com

            -:¦:-

                       ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
                     ¸.·´ .·´¨¨)).· ´¨¨)) -:¦:- ·´
                     ((¸¸. ·´ .. ·´ Ann M. -:¦:-
                     :¦:- ((¸¸.·´* -:¦:- ´* -:¦:- ´*

                                                               -:¦:-
        • Paula Robinson
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 1, 2007
            Hey Ann, thanks for linking us to this review...it is a wonderful one
            and Colleen Gleason really got it...a vampire slayer writer got the
            whole home and hearth scene that our Robyn set...that girl knows how
            to pick em...sorry I have been gone so long from the bar...life got
            really busy...I miss talking to you guys daily though...

            I hope that everyone is doing well...I need to catch up on some
            missed posts this weekend...gotta go...duty calls...talk to you all
            later...btw...Gleason is right in stating that 2K9 is just too long
            to wait for more Robyn...

            Peace and love,
            Paula

            --- In RobynCarr_Chatgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Ann M." <apmkc1@...>

            <http://writersarereaders.com/gleasoncarrvirginriver.html>.
            > Wonderful of course. :)
            >
            > A.
            >
            > On 11/2/07, Robyn Carr <RCarrWriter@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi everyone -- I wanted to let you know about a new review site
            in which
            > > your favorite authors are reviewing their favorite books.
            > > www.writersarereaders.com

            > --
            > -:¦:-
            >
            > ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
            > ¸.·´ .·´¨¨)).· ´¨¨)) -:¦:- ·´
            > ((¸¸. ·´ .. ·´ Ann M. -:¦:-
            > :¦:- ((¸¸.·´* -:¦:- ´* -:¦:- ´*
            >
            > -:¦:-

          • Paula Robinson
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 1, 2007
              Robyn, that was a great review you wrote about Vishous' story...if I
              didn't already fall for Ward's books and buy them already, I would have
              tried my darndest to get them based on that review...thanks for the
              recommendation to start with Dark Lover...I can't wait to really get
              into the series...

              I hope that all is well...see you around the bar...
              Kate, I hope that things are still going well for you...enjoy Hawaii...
              Brook, were you able to get your dream job yet?

              Peace and love,
              Paula

              --- In RobynCarr_Chatgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Robyn Carr"
              <RCarrWriter@...> wrote:

              > Hi everyone -- I wanted to let you know about a new review site in
              which
              > your favorite authors are reviewing their favorite books.
              > www.writersarereaders.com <http://www.writersarereaders.com>
              >
              > I've just spent the past hour reading reviews. Have a look -- tell me
              > what you think.
              >
              > xoxoxo
              >
              > Robyn

            • Kelly Klein
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 1, 2007
                Very cool site Robyn!!!  Thanks for the link.

                I loved loved loved your review of Lover Unbound....V's story is my favorite in the series (Lover Revealed is a close second), because well...V is my favorite Brother, and has been since his first appearance in Dark Lover.

                I loved the review of Virgin River as well.   As much as I love romance, I hadn't ever made it a practice to read the "home and hearth" style of romance...usually for me if it didn't have a sexy active duty military man; a sexy vamp; cop, etc, with some suspence mixed in I didn't bother...but you know this group of women I hang with...aka The Goddesses...were raving about this book called Virgin River, and I thought what the heck, they've not steered me wrong, so I'll give it a try, it will probably not be my cup of tea, but at least I can say I tried...and BANG...I fell in love with these people, this town, and this series, as you know.   And a bonus these are books I can pimp to my mom and my aunts....LOL...they would never read a paranormal, and look at me like I'm insane because I read about vamps (plus my mom would flip over the language and the eroticism of the Black Dagger Brotherhood).

                Kelly

                <RCarrWriter@...> wrote:

                > Hi everyone -- I wanted to let you know about a new review site in
                which
                > your favorite authors are reviewing their favorite books.
                > www.writersarereaders.com < http://www.writersarereaders.com>
                >
                > I've just spent the past hour reading reviews. Have a look -- tell me
                > what you think.
                >
                > xoxoxo
                >
                > Robyn

              • Robyn Carr
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 1, 2007

                  Kelly, don't be too sure about your mother.  When I wrote Mind Tryst -- a thriller featuring a serial killer -- I thought my mother and 'little old lady' aunts would flip.  My mother said, "That's my kind of book!"  It also had a sex scene in it I just can't describe.  I was astonished.  And then my mother said, "You might want to clean up the language a little bit."  Alllllright, I thought.  I couldn't help it, I said -- "There are 26 dead women in the book and you're worried about the F-word?"  And she primly replied, "I just don't like it, that's all."  Hm.  Strange values -- explains a few things about me, I guess.

                  For anyone considering Mind Tryst, it's eerie and scary and pretty much bloodless.  Those 26 women happened before.  But I still hope you sense someone scratching on the mattress from underneath the bed.  ;)

                  xoxoxo

                  --- In RobynCarr_Chatgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Kelly Klein" <kelbell1964@...> wrote:

                  > Very cool site Robyn!!! Thanks for the link.
                  >
                  > I loved loved loved your review of Lover Unbound....V's story is my favorite
                  > in the series (Lover Revealed is a close second), because well...V is my
                  > favorite Brother, and has been since his first appearance in Dark Lover.
                  >
                  > I loved the review of Virgin River as well. As much as I love romance, I
                  > hadn't ever made it a practice to read the "home and hearth" style of
                  > romance...usually for me if it didn't have a sexy active duty military man;
                  > a sexy vamp; cop, etc, with some suspence mixed in I didn't bother...but you
                  > know this group of women I hang with...aka The Goddesses...were raving about
                  > this book called Virgin River, and I thought what the heck, they've not
                  > steered me wrong, so I'll give it a try, it will probably not be my cup of
                  > tea, but at least I can say I tried...and BANG...I fell in love with these
                  > people, this town, and this series, as you know. And a bonus these are
                  > books I can pimp to my mom and my aunts....LOL...they would never read a
                  > paranormal, and look at me like I'm insane because I read about vamps (plus
                  > my mom would flip over the language and the eroticism of the Black Dagger
                  > Brotherhood).
                  >
                  > Kelly
                  >

                  > On 11/1/07, Paula Robinson paula_02912@... wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Robyn, that was a great review you wrote about Vishous' story...if I
                  > > didn't already fall for Ward's books and buy them already, I would have
                  > > tried my darndest to get them based on that review...thanks for the
                  > > recommendation to start with Dark Lover...I can't wait to really get
                  > > into the series...
                  > >
                  > > I hope that all is well...see you around the bar...
                  > > Kate, I hope that things are still going well for you...enjoy Hawaii...
                  > > Brook, were you able to get your dream job yet?
                  > >
                  > > Peace and love,
                  > > Paula
                  > >
                  > > --- In RobynCarr_Chatgroup@yahoogroups.com<RobynCarr_Chatgroup%40yahoogroups.com>,
                  > > "Robyn Carr"
                  > > RCarrWriter@ wrote:
                  > > >

                  > > > Hi everyone -- I wanted to let you know about a new review site in
                  > > which
                  > > > your favorite authors are reviewing their favorite books.
                  > > > www.writersarereaders.com <http://www.writersarereaders.com>
                  > > >
                  > > > I've just spent the past hour reading reviews. Have a look -- tell me
                  > > > what you think.
                  > > >
                  > > > xoxoxo
                  > > >
                  > > > Robyn

                • Robyn Carr
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 1, 2007

                    Ann -- that's my first stab at reviewing and I was very self conscious.  I had a couple of very good books to review -- the authors on that site chose the books they would review and I didn't read all the reviews but from what I saw it looked to me like they were recommendations.  I like that.  That makes sense to me.

                    xoxoxo