58406Re: [RobynCarr_Chatgroup] Fwd: : God Bless America

  • maggie34sunshine
    Aug 24, 2014
      It is completely understandable that your favorite pieces are those that bring you joy and tears at the same time.   I have always loved hearing Oh Canada, a beautiful anthem!     I find the Star Spangled Banner very moving and it has it's place in history and probably should remain our anthem, but I do love God Bless American.    As for "When You Walk Through a Storm" it is truly a beautiful song, even though not an anthem.   They always played it at the end of Jerry Lewis' Telethon, which is when I turned it off so I wouldn't get a wet face!!!!!
      As they say ~~ Music hath charms to sooth the savage beast!!!

      I truly don't know how anyone can go one day, or one hour, without listening to good music.  (good music is anything that an individual enjoys!!)  Right now I have Rachmaninoff's Rhapsody on a Theme by Paganini !  I keep it low so I can read and listen or sit here and type.

      SAM

      In a message dated 8/24/2014 1:02:34 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, RobynCarr_Chatgroup@yahoogroups.com writes:
      Bob
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic