      Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 9:59 AM
      Subject: Re: [RobynCarr_Chatgroup] A question

      When I was looking out the window and saw all the birds, before going out to put out bird seed,  I saw a beautiful blue jay (scrappy little trouble maker...LOL) and, of course, my cardinal family that have been around for several years.  Have watched the baby cardinals come and go.   Lots of really big crows, which I'm not fond of, but I feed them anyway.    My favorite family, along with the cardinals, is the morning doves. that have been part of our backyard family also for several years.   They are so peaceful and quiet and like the cardinals, their babies have flown the coop .
      We are also having problems (only because of our small animals) with Hawks and I have seen one twice now sitting on my fence.   I make sure Misty doesn't go out without me or with me watching closely.   I looked it up in my bird book and think it was a Cooper Hawk, because it looked exactly like the picture.  But, one of the cleaning gals said it wasn't  and knew it because she had worked for Animal Control. That didn't help one bit, because I can swear it's the same and now I have to find out who's right.  LOL    Someone said it could be an Osprey since we are near water, but we are not that close, maybe two miles to Bay and six to the Atlantic ~~~so don't think so.   Just don't want to see something swoop down and pick up my Misty!  So, I need to find out more about them.
      SAM

      In a message dated 3/5/2014 9:40:20 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, superauntkx9_@... writes:
      I actually heard birds singing this morning for the first time. Could that ran spring is near...One hopes.

      Kathleen

    • Show all 43 messages in this topic