LEGO Robotics Classes Available!

  • Robotics Learning - Steve Putz
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2002
      Greetings!

      Our Spring Mentors Workshops and Summer LEGO Robotics Camps were very successful and LOTS OF FUN!

      If you missed out on those opportunities, several additional LEGO Robotics Classes are being offered by Robotics Learning during September, October and November, through various local community education priograms in Capitola, Los Gatos, Palo Alto, and Cupertino.  We are also planning on holding another Mentor's Workshop if there is sufficient interest.  Check out the updated information at http://www.roboticslearning.com/

      Steve Putz

      LEGO Robotics Inventor

      This class is an introduction for kids or adults to building and programming robots using the LEGO® Mindstorms™ Robotics Invention System.  Students will learn mechanical design, construction, programming and teamwork skills. In small teams, using LEGO blocks, motors and sensors, students build a robot that can find its own way and avoid obstacles.   Students then use a computer to teach their robot to move, react, and make sounds in order to solve challenges.  This class is fun for any age, and is good practice for kids or mentors interested in robotics competitions such as FIRST LEGO League.

      This class is usually taught as a 3 hour workshop.  We also offer an extended all-day version, LEGO Robotics Inventor 1 + 2, which includes more activities and more project building time.

      LEGO Robotics Buddies

      In this class, children age 4 to 6 get to construct and operate a LEGO robot with the help of their parent. Participants will practice mechanical design, construction, programming and cooperation. Using the LEGO® Mindstorms™ Robotics Invention system, each child/parent team completes a robot with LEGO blocks, motors and sensors. They then use a control console or computer to teach their robot to move, react, and make sounds. Each child must be accompanied by a parent or responsible mentor age 18 or older.

      This class is taught in two 1-1/2 sessions.

      LEGOs for LEADERS
      Robotics Mentor Workshop

      This is a workshop for adult mentors and older teens (age 15 and up), with the goal of creating future LEGO Robotics workshops and programs for elementary and middle school kids.  The mentors workshops will consist of hands-on play and tutorials with LEGO Mindstorms robot kits and software, combined with brainstorming and activity planning sessions.   Teachers, FLL coaches, anyone interested in helping with upcoming kids workshops are especially invited to attend this Mentors Workshop.  Or just come to have some fun!

      Robotics Learning Classes are an Opportunity for Kids and Adults to:

      • Participate in a team-centered and project-based learning experience.
      • Learn the exciting technology of robotics, mechanical design, software use, programming, and computer graphics design tools.
      • Get hands-on experience and have a whole lot of FUN playing with LEGO kits and computers!

      If you have any questions, or would like a workshop scheduled at another time or location, please contact us at:
             info@...

      Check our web sites for details and updates:
             http://www.RoboticsLearning.com/