LEGO Robotics NXT class at De Anza College on Saturday October 17

  • Steve Putz
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 14, 2009
      Greetings,

      There are several spaces left in the "LEGO Robotics NXT" class at De Anza College on Saturday October 17
      This will be my last robotics workshop at De Anza this year.

      In this one day workshop, students will work with a partner to build and program three different Mindstorms NXT projects.
      Since it looks like this class will be small, this is a great opportunity to get extra individual help and attention.

      You should pre-register with the De Anza Short Courses Office.
      The number to register is 408-864-8817.  Details also available at:

      (click on the "Class Schedule" link)
      If you are going to walk-in and pay on Saturday, I would appreciate sending me an email (info@...) or phoning 408-910-1176.

      You can see images of typical NXT robot projects at

      or see some class photos at

      You can phone me at 408-910-1176 if you have questions about the class, or are interested in a limited "free 2nd registration for a parent or sibling" offer.

      Steve Putz

      LEGO® Robotics NXT Workshop
      (KIDS 080)

      The next generation of LEGO Robotics is here! This class is an introduction to building and programming robots using the new LEGO Mindstorms NXT Robotics System. Students will practice construction and programming with the new NXT intelligent brick with servo style motors and ultrasonic sensor. In pairs, students build two different robots and program them with a computer to move, react, and make sounds in order to solve challenges. This class is good practice for kids or mentors interested in robotics competitions such as FIRST LEGO League. The minimum age is 8, and adults are welcome to register. Prerequisite: Lego Robotics RCX workshop or previous Mindstorms experience.  Please bring a sack lunch for a 45-minute lunch break.

      Steve Putz
      Saturday, October 17, 9:00am-4:00pm
      Location: De Anza College
      Room: G-6

      $105 (Additional $10 materials fee payable to the instructor during class)

      P.S. the first deadline for ordering the FLL T-Shirts I've designed is October 16 (or earlier if you want custom artwork).  See

    • Steve Putz