LEGO Robotics Camp in Palo Alto

  • Steve Putz
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 12, 2008
      Registration is now open for LEGO Robotics camp sessions in Palo Alto this summer.

      See
      http://www.RoboticsLearning.com/camp for details.

      (we will not be offering any camp sessions in Fremont this year)

      Steve Putz

    • Steve Putz
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 30, 2008
        Hi,

        There are still some spaces available in two of the LEGO Robotics Camp sessions offered this summer by Robotics Learning in Palo Alto, California.  Details are at:

          www.RoboticsLearning.com/camp

        Beginning Level (LEGO Mindstorms RCX)
        July 28-August 1, 2008
        All Day (9am-4pm)

        Intermediate Level (LEGO Mindstorms NXT)
        August 18-22. 2008
        All Day (9am-4pm)

        Steve Putz
        408-910-1176

      • Steve Putz
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 18, 2012
          Hi.  I have space available in three of my LEGO Robotics Camp sessions this summer in Palo Alto.
          Please see below for details.

          Steve Putz
          steve@...
          408-910-1176

          The Robotics Learning RCX and NXT LEGO Robotics Camp sessions listed below still have space available.
          You can find more information and register online at www.RoboticsLearning.com/camp
          or contact me if you have any questions.

          Location is in Palo Alto, California
          Hours are 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
          Cost is $495 for five days (Tue-Fri)

          RCX Camp July 23-27, 2012 -- SPACE AVAILABLE
          RCX Camp July 30-August 3, 2012 -- SPACE AVAILABLE
          (NXT Camp August 6-10, 2012 -- FULL, WAITING LIST ONLY)
          NXT Camp August 13-17, 2012 -- SPACE AVAILABLE
          BEGINNING LEGO RCX ROBOTICS DAY CAMP CLASS DESCRIPTION

          This is a five-day fun and creative learning experience for kids to attend during the summer.  Kids work in pairs to solve challenges by building and programming robots using the LEGO Mindstorms (RCX) Robotics Invention System. In addition to having fun, participants learn about mechanical and software design, problem solving, and teamwork skills.  Student teams will complete several projects and mini challenges, and will have an opportunity to design and program a robot to solve FIRST LEGO League robot competition challenges from past FLL seasons (see www.FirstLegoLeague.org).
          • Minimum age is 8 (recommended for ages 8 – 12).  No previous experience is required.
          • Students will have a partner for most activities, and are expected to cooperate and share well.
          • The morning part of each day includes structured lessons and activities to practice construction and programming skills.
          • In the afternoon, students teams may choose from available projects or create their own projects and challenges, where they will receive guidance and coaching.
          • A light snack will be provided each morning and afternoon.
          • Students need to bring their own sack lunch, and be motivated and mature enough to stay focused on robotics activities all day.
          INTERMEDIATE LEGO NXT ROBOTICS DAY CAMP CLASS DESCRIPTION

          This session is for students with previous LEGO robotics experience.  Structured lessons and challenges will introduce intermediate level construction, use of sensors, and programming topics, using the LEGO NXT Mindstorms robotics kit. Student teams will will have an opportunity to design and program a robot to solve FIRST LEGO League robot competition challenges from past FLL seasons (see www.FirstLegoLeague.org).
          • Minimum age is 9 (recommended for ages 9 – 14).
          • Previous LEGO Mindstorms experience is expected (e.g. previous class, camp, FLL, or home experience with RCX or NXT).
          Details and registration available at www.roboticslearning.com/camp/register.htm