FLL Coach & Mentor Workshop 10/1 or maybe 9/30

  • Steve Putz
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 25, 2006
      FIRST LEGO TEAM COACHES, MENTORS, ASSISTANTS
      (or those interested in learning more about FLL):

      As I announced on the NCaFLL email list, we have a location to hold a FLL Coach/Mentor Workshop in Palo Alto.   We can do it on Saturday (9/30) or Sunday (10/1).  So far Sunday seems to be the more popular date.

      I had planned to do the workshop in the afternoon (1 - 4 PM) but if morning is preferred we can do it 10 am - 1 pm instead.

      Please email me with the following information, so we can set a final date and time:
      --------------------------------
      Do you prefer Saturday 9/30 or Sunday 10/1 ?
      Can you attend the other day if necessary ?

      Do you prefer 10 AM -1 PM or 1 PM - 4 PM ?
      Can you attend the other time if necessary ?

      Prefer to work with NXT or RCX or don't know/care ?

      Names of attendees (indicate if under 18):

      ------------------------------
      This workshop is for FLL coaches or mentors age 15 or older.
      Cost will be $20 per attendee. Workshop provided by Robotics Learning (see www.RoboticsLearning.com).

      If you are interested, please let me know which date you prefer, and how many you would bring.

      Unless I get other requests, emphasis will be on building and programming using the new Mindstorms NXT robotics system, but I will also go over FLL team management ans answer other questions about the FLL program. A NXT set and computer will be available for every two attendees for lots of hands-on practice on some simple challenges. If you'd like to practice with an RCX set instead (including how to use the RCX rotation sensors to drive straight), let me know.

      Possible workshop topics are described at
      http://www.roboticslearning.com/mentors.html

      email or phone if you have questions.

      Email to steve@...

      Steve Putz