FLL Robot Demonstration in Los Gatos - Feb. 2, 2006

  • Steve Putz
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2006
      The following demonstration by a local FIRST LEGO League robotics team will be at:

      Fisher Middle School
      19195 Fisher Ave
      Los Gatos, California 95032

      See below for more details.

      Robot Demonstration

      7:00 p.m., February 2, 2006.

      Daves H&S Club Meeting (Fisher)

      The Smiling Noodleheads seek Robot Teams at Daves

      The Smiling Noodleheads is a 5-member team whose members are 5th grade girls from Daves Avenue School. The coach is one of the team member’s mom. This was our first FLL season and apart from having a fun, exciting and enjoyable time, we also qualified to participate in the recently concluded State tournament. Los Gatos-Monte Sereno does not have enough FLL teams to have its own local competition (we had to go to Palo Alto) and we think it’s time to change that!

      We are doing a demo of our robot on February 2nd at 7:00 p.m. at the Daves H&S Club meeting at Fisher.

      We will also explain a little more about the Challenge and the timing. There will be a sign-up sheet for those who are interested in learning more about how to start a team and be a coach. We hope to see you there!

      FIRST LEGO® LEAGUE

      Lego

      ® Robots – Build, Program, Compete

      FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology), and LEGO®

      MINDSTORMS™ have joined forces and created the FIRST LEGO® League (FLL) robotics program, to introduce kids age 9-14 to the wonders of engineering, science, math, and technology in a fun and engaging way.

      FLL pairs a building-programming challenge with a sports-like playing field where kids create autonomous robots. Teams of 4-8 students receive a new challenge each September and for 10-12 weeks, each team is responsible for the design, construction, programming, and testing of their robot to compete in the challenge. There is a local (city-wide) competition mid-November or early December and the qualifying teams advance to a State-wide competition, usually held in January.

      www.FirstLegoLeague.org