LEGO Classes at Kidizens (new Palo Alto location)

  • Steve Putz
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2012
      Some of you already know about Kidizens.  They have LEGO-based programs where children learn civics while playing with LEGO.  (My grandson recently attended one of their summer programs).  Kidizens has recently moved their Palo Alto location, and they are having open house and information nights on September 6th and September 8th.

      http://thekidizens.com/2012/09/fall-open-house-and-information-nights-sep-6th-and-sep-8th/

      I am teaching the Palo Alto Robotizens classes at Kidizens.  Although the Friday after-school (3:30 pm) Robotizens class in Palo Alto is full for this Fall, we are still trying to fill an Advanced Robotizens class at 1:00 pm (i.e. for home school students).  Kidizens is also hoping to get other instructors to offer additional  Robotizens classes on other days or at their other location.

      Please contact Kidizens (info@...) with any questions.

      Steve Putz (www.RoboticsLearning.com)

      Kidizens - a Sought-after LEGO-based Civics, Economics and Leadership Program
      Kidizens inspires kids to become good citizens and future leaders, one LEGO brick at a time. Kidizens Fall program is a fourteen-week interactive learning session in which children meet once a week to build, manage and govern their own LEGO city and live in them as "Kidizens". Each city (group of kids) is given a huge swath of LEGO land on which to create its own small civilization. The kidizens serve as Mayors, Judges, Sheriffs and in many other roles on the City Council and manage city budgets, enact laws, cope with natural disasters and crises. They also interact with other cities and develop strategies to partner/ cooperate on various issues. This highly interactive social learning framework inculcates analytical thinking, strategic problem solving and develops public speaking and leadership skills. The Young Senators and Leadership programs take this to the state/higher level and our Robotizens program is robotics with a city theme. Please visit Kidizens Website for further details and to register.

      Grades: Many age-appropriate options - Young Kidizens (6-8); Kidizens (8-12); Young Senators/Leadership (10-12); Robotizens (8-12)
      Location: Our Centers located at the border of Los Altos/Palo Alto & at 1338 El Camino Real in Belmont
      Times: Classes offered daily - many convenient options throughout the week
      Contact: info@... or 650-384-0412