Mowing larger single lots 5-10,000

  • Iggy and Svetlana
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7, 2003
      > Yep, sure can, but I don;t think it's that. The sidewalk is cement
      > brick and the wire gose under a walk in three places. I just did a
      > sketch tonight because I think I'm trying to cover to much area in one
      > zone. I have 9957 sq. ft and that's to much. I'm going to split into
      > at least two, if not three zones. As it is right now none of it gets
      > done completely as Robo ends up spread to thin. If all he has to worry
      > about is half of it at any one time and not be in front of the house
      > and behind the house, I think he'll do better.

      Has anyone tried mowing larger sections of the yard (5,000-10,000) with just
      one mower and just recharging the battery overnight? How does it mow the
      grass? Do you still see the stripes if you do it one day and then the next
      day? I realize that it will not cover everything on the first mow, however,
      second one should be OK, I am sure?

      If you mow for 2 days in a row perhpas 2 times a week, you should be OK I
      think. Grass will not be able to significantly catch up with you unless you
      water it heavily and fertilize regularly.
    • mjhall@awc.fairbanks.ak.us
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 7, 2003
        With half the lawn behind the house and half in front, and traveling
        back and forth between the two areas, work in one, then the other, he
        just never finishs either. Of course, when you strat the next day
        there's no real memeory of what was doen yesterday so he starts all
        over and still never finishs. If I confine the mower to one half one
        day and the other half the next, I think he'll get his job done.

        Of course, this is getting kind of academic for me. Snow is forcasted
        by next Saturday. September snow seldom stays until spring break-up
        here in Fairbanks, but one year it did. I'll set Robo to work here in
        an hour or so, and he may get out there once more this year, but he's
        about to get a long winters sleep.

        Marty

        --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Iggy and Svetlana

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 7, 2003
          I thought I was replying to you by I reply to me.... find that reply,
          please.