Weird Behavior

  • clintd555
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 3, 2003
      The other day I started the mower and went back in the house. I
      was peaking out the window waiting to see it edging. Well it
      never happened....so I went back outside to check only to find it a
      few feet from where I left it. It found the wire and proceeded to
      turn on it, then stopped. The light continued flashing as normal
      and the display read 'Edge' as if it was still mowing but it wasnt!
      No motors were turning and there was no sound and no errors!
      Totally weird! I stopped it and started up elsewhere and it worked
      fine. I just thought that was very strange.
    • Iggy and Svetlana
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 3, 2003
        > The other day I started the mower and went back in the house. I
        > was peaking out the window waiting to see it edging. Well it
        > never happened....so I went back outside to check only to find it a
        > few feet from where I left it. It found the wire and proceeded to
        > turn on it, then stopped. The light continued flashing as normal
        > and the display read 'Edge' as if it was still mowing but it wasnt!
        > No motors were turning and there was no sound and no errors!
        > Totally weird! I stopped it and started up elsewhere and it worked
        > fine. I just thought that was very strange.

        Perhaps, there was some power surge or something reset. If my mower does
        something weird (not recently :o) I just take the battery out, let it out
        for 10-30 seconds and put back in. This normally takes care of pretty much
        everything.

        Sincerely,

        IGGY Dybal

        Your Real Estate Consultant - Kansas City - RE/MAX Best

        E-mail: mailto:iggy@... Web site: http://www.iggy.net
        Office: 913-894-4024 Toll-free: 877-550-IGGY/4449
        Fax: 913-322-4162
      • tony_e_nc
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 4, 2003
          --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "clintd555" <clintd555@y...> wrote:
          > The other day I started the mower and went back in the house. I
          > was peaking out the window waiting to see it edging. Well it
          > never happened....so I went back outside to check only to find it a
          > few feet from where I left it. It found the wire and proceeded to
          > turn on it, then stopped. The light continued flashing as normal
          > and the display read 'Edge' as if it was still mowing but it wasnt!
          > No motors were turning and there was no sound and no errors!
          > Totally weird! I stopped it and started up elsewhere and it worked
          > fine. I just thought that was very strange.

          Every once in a while, my robo gets goofy as well. A few weeks back,
          while on Edge mode, it went about 1/2 way around the perimeter, then
          did a 180, and started edging clockwise. It went down an incline
          that it normally travels up, and gave the a "start elsewhere" error.

          Another time, I started edge mode and it went about 5 feet and
          stopped with a "restart elsewhere". This repeated 4 times at various
          points in the zone. I skipped edge mode, let it mow, and then went
          back and had it edge. It did so with no problems. I have
          succesfully edged that zone 3 or 4 times since then.

          I have no idea what caused any of this, but it has never prevented me
          from getting that well manacured lawn look, and is occasionally quite
          entertaining. :-)

          - Tony
        • Clint D
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 4, 2003
            Now that's some weird behavior!!! Mine was very close to the A/C unit when I started it, but I always start it from that spot. I'm thinking the A/C must have kicked on or off and confused it.

            tony_e_nc <tony_e_nc@...> wrote:
            --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "clintd555" <clintd555@y...> wrote:
            > The other day I started the mower and went back in the house. I
            > was peaking out the window waiting to see it edging. Well it
            > never happened....so I went back outside to check only to find it a
            > few feet from where I left it. It found the wire and proceeded to
            > turn on it, then stopped. The light continued flashing as normal
            > and the display read 'Edge' as if it was still mowing but it wasnt!
            > No motors were turning and there was no sound and no errors!
            > Totally weird! I stopped it and started up elsewhere and it worked
            > fine. I just thought that was very strange.

            Every once in a while, my robo gets goofy as well.  A few weeks back,
            while on Edge mode, it went about 1/2 way around the perimeter, then
            did a 180, and started edging clockwise.  It went down an incline
            that it normally travels up, and gave the a "start elsewhere" error.

            Another time, I started edge mode and it went about 5 feet and
            stopped with a "restart elsewhere".  This repeated 4 times at various
            points in the zone.  I skipped edge mode, let it mow, and then went
            back and had it edge.  It did so with no problems.  I have
            succesfully edged that zone 3 or 4 times since then.

            I have no idea what caused any of this, but it has never prevented me
            from getting that well manacured lawn look, and is occasionally quite
            entertaining.  :-)

            - Tony

            Do you Yahoo!?
          • terry_veldhuizen
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 4, 2003
              I think it was aliens or a government conspiracy... seriously

              Terry

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 4, 2003
                --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "terry_veldhuizen"

                OMG, are the men in the black helicopters hovering over *your* lawn
                too? All this time I thought it was only my mowing patterns being
                secretly recorded. Kinda weird, huh?