Re: Shrink coating

  • petdefence
    Message 1 of 60 , Apr 4, 2006
      Hi Iggy -

      I finally joined the Board.

      Why are you messing with shrink tubing? The waterproof connectors
      made by King Connectors will NEVER fail. These are silicone filled
      wire connectors that are made for the sprinkler and other direct
      burial applications. How did the ones I got for you work out?

      I buy them in bags of 500 (usually 4-5 bags at a time. Recall that I
      use them in my hidden dog fence business. I bury at least five of
      these every day in my business and I swear I have ten thousand or more
      buried over the last 13 years and never a failure that was not the
      fault of the person using it.

      Get them at Lowes or Home Depot in the Electrical Aisle. Lowes has
      them on an end display. I just saw them this morning at the Lowes in
      Olathe at 135th and Blackbob Rd. They run about 50 cents each, but
      they will never fail.
    • Austin Morgan
      Message 60 of 60 , Aug 20, 2006
        If there are enough minerals in your water it will work find. Some
        other have added vinegar to give it the required properties.

        Austin