Re: Need some help with Comparison of 4 year old Husqvarna auto mower to RL 850

  • robertdkaufman
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 31, 2006
      Sorry about that. My property is 100 by 200 feet. I will work on a
      sketch tomorrow. Thanks again

      --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Clint D <clintd555@...> wrote:

      > I'm not sure where you heard robotic lawnmowers only
      > last 2 years. The warranty last 2 years, but the
      > mowers keep going many years after that as long as you
      > take care of them.
      >
      > If cost is a factor, which I thought it was - the
      > cheapest one out there now is the RL850.
      >
      > Is your yard 100x200 YARDS? Not FEET? There's a big
      > difference between the two you know... please clarify
      > that. If it's in yards you have about a 4.1 acre lot.
      > If that's the case unless you have a large house and
      > your flower beds are big... like garden sized, then
      > I'm not sure if the RL850 is a good choice at that
      > point!
      >

      > Robomower-Lawnbott Sales, Support & Forums
      > http://www.robomower.biz
      >

      > --- robertdkaufman <robertdkaufman@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Thank you everyone for your responses. I did not
      > > know that Husqvarna
      > > automower had been discontinued.
      > >
      > > Here is some additional info in response to Kerry's
      > > questions.
      > >
      > > I have a 100 by 200 yard, which includes the house.
      > > The backyard is
      > > fenced, the front is not. There are 3 or 4 flower
      > > beds in the back
      > > and one in the front. There is a small strip of
      > > grass beside the
      > > driveway that I assume I would be better off mowing
      > > with a regular
      > > mower. There are some dips in the lawn that I
      > > eventually will fix
      > > but no hills.
      > >
      > > Price, reliability and effectiveness are the most
      > > important
      > > criteria. I am not sure that I am willing to spend
      > > the money on a
      > > robotic mower, especially when I read that they may
      > > not last more
      > > than 2 or 3 years.
      > >
      > > Thank you again for your help
      > >
      > > Bob

    • beekilher
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 1, 2006
        They still make them, but if they still import them I don't know. The
        Auto Mower site does not have the U.S. on the drop down list.
        http://www.automower.com/
        Electrolux/Husqvarna U.S. is located in Charlotte, North Carolina.
        Check this site out for the generation 2 Auto Mower. Only site I know
        of that may sell in the U.S.
        http://www.georgetownsmallengines.com/hqvautomow.html

        --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "robertdkaufman"