Re: [RoboMower] OFF ROBOMOWER TOPIC - but still related :o) to robotics :o) or whatever

  • Austin Morgan
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 12, 2006
      Iggy,
      You can set up a timer on your Dish Network receiver and that will fix
      it for you. Also I would suggest setting it to 4am or so so that you
      will most likely not loose 5 minutes of something you are interested in.

      Austin

      IGGY & Svetlana wrote:
      > I'm looking for a little timing device that at a specific time will push
      > "Select" button on my Dish Network remote controller or some way to rig the
      > Dish remote so the Select button command is sent to the receiver.
      >
      > Dish Network has a weird thing about how it works. I have updates enabled on
      > Dish, it's set for 10 p.m. At 10 p.m. the service shuts off (downloads
      > schedule) and I see the Dish logo running across the screen and it says I
      > have to press "Select" to return to service. Even when I have it for
      > "Disable" - same thing happens. The screen is blank and the logo runs across
      > the screen.
      >
      > Whatever my TiVo records at this time or after are blank and show the logo
      > as on the screen.
      >
      > The remote's "Select" button needs to be pushed at 10:05 p.m. or whatever
      > time I tell it to. Can be some sort of piston pushing mechanism or rigging
      > the Dish remote?
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > Sincerely,
      >
      > IGGY Dybal
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Austin Morgan
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 12, 2006
        Actually I found that it will display the screen saying that it does not
        have up to date info after a couple of weeks I think. I don't remember,
        but after a while it seems to still bring up the screen and interfere
        with the TIVO.

        Austin

        Jon wrote:
        > There's no need to buy anything or invent a new robot... just go into
        > the Dish Network receiver's menu and turn off automatic updates. If
        > you use your Tivo for programming info, your Dish receiver doesn't
        > need that program info, anyway.
        >
        > Plus, if you do use the Dish Network remote, and it doesn't have
        > updated info, it will advise you of that on screen, and will update
        > right then and there.
        >
        > And this fix to your problem is free. :-)
        >

        > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, IGGY & Svetlana
        > <iggyandsvetlana@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> I'm looking for a little timing device that at a specific time will push
        >> "Select" button on my Dish Network remote controller or some way to
        > rig the
        >> Dish remote so the Select button command is sent to the receiver.
        >>
        >> Dish Network has a weird thing about how it works. I have updates
        > enabled on
        >> Dish, it's set for 10 p.m. At 10 p.m. the service shuts off (downloads
        >> schedule) and I see the Dish logo running across the screen and it
        > says I
        >> have to press "Select" to return to service. Even when I have it for
        >> "Disable" - same thing happens. The screen is blank and the logo
        > runs across
        >> the screen.
        >>
        >> Whatever my TiVo records at this time or after are blank and show
        > the logo
        >> as on the screen.
        >>
        >> The remote's "Select" button needs to be pushed at 10:05 p.m. or
        > whatever
        >> time I tell it to. Can be some sort of piston pushing mechanism or
        > rigging
        >> the Dish remote?
        >>
        >> Thanks!
        >>
        >> Sincerely,
        >>
        >> IGGY Dybal
        >>

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • IGGY & Svetlana
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 12, 2006
          If you set up the updates to "Disable" the receiver still tries to do
          something at that time and turns off without downloading programming. Called
          tech support - they say it should not be happening, but after a long period
          of inactivity they say it will go to sleep. That running across the screen
          Dish logo still shows up.

          When asked "How long of an inactivity" period, no answer :o)

          I'll try the timer. Thanks!

          Sincerely,

          IGGY Dybal