RE: [RoboMower] which is the best bet

  • IGGY & Svetlana
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 7, 2006
      On a scale of 1-3

      500/550 - rated 1 in my opinion, very close to 2
      800 - rated 2, about 10-15% higher efficiency than #1
      850/100 - rated 3, about 5-10% higher than #2

      For normal lots you are OK with #1 or 2 - 90-99% of the people will be OK
      with it.

      Sincerely,

      IGGY Dybal - RE/MAX - Kansas City
      Phone: 913-894-4024 Toll-free: 1-877-550-4449
      Fax toll-free: 1-800-596-4449
      E-mail: iggykc@...

      _____

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 8, 2006
        Hi!
        The RL550 and RL800 have been long out of production and carries no
        warranty from the manufacturer. One of the most common complaints
        about Robomower performance is it getting stuck, if the RL550 has
        the old slick tires it is best to upgrade it to the knobby tires.
        The RL550 was designed for about 5,000 sq. ft. while the RL850 can
        handle about 10,500 sq. ft.
        The yellow RL850's are approaching the end of their warranty limit.
        In both cases check on the age of the battery. Batteries start to
        deteriorate the moment they leave the manufacturing line. Even a
        never before used battery will have a shortened life span.
        The RL850 has quite a number of hardware and software improvements
        to extend the useful life.
        Do not be surprised by the repair bill if your RL550 breaks. Just
        because you got a good deal on it doesn't mean fixing it is going to
        be cheap.
        In theory, the RL850 with the added internal protections, should
        give you a longer life expectancy between repairs.
        What ever way you choose, welcome to the Robomower family!

        Kerry
        www.bamabots.com
        877-383-6054

      • tysamigo@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 8, 2006
          The RL800 is better than the RL550 although they are very near in quality
          and "class". The RL550 and RL800 were new models in 2003. The models for 2006
          are RL850 and RL1000. The RL850 is essentially an RL1000 w/out a docking
          station. This is the model I recommend for you.

          The SW on the Toro can be upgraded one class. It will give you new A.I. but
          on the menu you will not gain any new "features".

          Tyler

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 8, 2006
            There were later 500 series with knobby tires at the end of the 500
            production cycle with older software - this is what I have. Don't know the
            series #, I had mine updated by FR for software when it was making circles
            in the front yard. I guess it made it 550 :o)

            I was not aware that 550 had flat tires. I always thought it was only 500?

            My 2 batteries will be 5.5 years this spring I think. I'll test them shortly
            and will see how they last. Last fall one of them was giving in at 30-45
            min. Another one was still going strong about 3 hrs and on hot days about
            3.5 hrs I think.

            Sincerely,

            IGGY Dybal
            _____

            From: RoboMower@yahoogroups.com [mailto:RoboMower@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
            Of ga2ia
            Hi!
            The RL550 and RL800 have been long out of production and carries no
            warranty from the manufacturer. One of the most common complaints
            about Robomower performance is it getting stuck, if the RL550 has
            the old slick tires it is best to upgrade it to the knobby tires.
            The RL550 was designed for about 5,000 sq. ft. while the RL850 can
            handle about 10,500 sq. ft.
            The yellow RL850's are approaching the end of their warranty limit.
            In both cases check on the age of the battery. Batteries start to
            deteriorate the moment they leave the manufacturing line. Even a
            never before used battery will have a shortened life span.
            The RL850 has quite a number of hardware and software improvements
            to extend the useful life.
            Do not be surprised by the repair bill if your RL550 breaks. Just
            because you got a good deal on it doesn't mean fixing it is going to
            be cheap.
            In theory, the RL850 with the added internal protections, should
            give you a longer life expectancy between repairs.
            What ever way you choose, welcome to the Robomower family!

            Kerry
            www.bamabots.com
            877-383-6054

            --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Gordon Wojda <gjwojda@...> wrote:

            > What are the benefits of the RL 550 over the RL 800, Speedway
            Sales says the RL 800 has upgraded software over the RL 550, is the
            RL 550 a new model for 2006 I looked for these models on Friendly
            Robotics website but don't see them.
            > I don't need the RL 850 or RL1100 because I will not be using
            the docking station, also how do you tell what has old or new
            software.
            > I bought an i mow that had never been sold, it has a software
            version of 3.2 can it be upgraded or would there be any benefit of
            trying to upgrade.
            > Thanks, Gordon

            Robotic
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Robotic+lawn+mower&w1=Robotic+lawn+mowe
            r&w2=Robot+lawn+mower&w3=Electric+lawn+mower&w4=Lawn+mower&w5=Robotic+mower&
            c=5&s=106&.sig=XOAuXwtjPvIxrmpL8DjfAA> lawn mower Robot
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Robot+lawn+mower&w1=Robotic+lawn+mower&
            w2=Robot+lawn+mower&w3=Electric+lawn+mower&w4=Lawn+mower&w5=Robotic+mower&c=
            5&s=106&.sig=dYh5hRQEfyekbYbZdPrcNA> lawn mower Electric
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Electric+lawn+mower&w1=Robotic+lawn+mow
            er&w2=Robot+lawn+mower&w3=Electric+lawn+mower&w4=Lawn+mower&w5=Robotic+mower
            &c=5&s=106&.sig=X8p3rnvHl9zokGEszxGz6w> lawn mower
            Lawn
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Lawn+mower&w1=Robotic+lawn+mower&w2=Rob
            ot+lawn+mower&w3=Electric+lawn+mower&w4=Lawn+mower&w5=Robotic+mower&c=5&s=10
            6&.sig=weatqvEqNQ_9OQY9hHfgwQ> mower Robotic
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Robotic+mower&w1=Robotic+lawn+mower&w2=
            Robot+lawn+mower&w3=Electric+lawn+mower&w4=Lawn+mower&w5=Robotic+mower&c=5&s
            =106&.sig=skhn0zq8yOVQqFappPbaAA> mower

            _____