Re: [RoboMower] RL800 service code?

  • tysamigo@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 27, 2005
      Falcon4,

      It's simple. This is the area to enter a Technician's Code. There are a
      few levels of diagnostics. The most common, the one that this group has used
      in the past, is Level 1 Diagnostics. This level enables many common
      attributes to be changed and manipulated. It's also an area with testing diagnostics
      to help troubleshoot problems however it is not given out so easily for
      several reasons. If a few settings are changed in some areas, it could allow the
      mower to be "unpredictable" and may cause damage to itself and its
      surroundings. It is always best to enter this area with a technician's help, however
      if something does occur wrong without a tech's help you can always call us for
      help. Just be very careful if you do go inside and be careful at the
      settings you change. The 2nd Level and others are Developer Codes in which is not
      used at any time by the public.

      Tyler

      In a message dated 12/27/2005 6:21:46 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      falcon@... writes:

      The option in the menus of the RL800 can't help but to spark some
      curiosity... the one for service functions. I've rebuilt mine twice (or,
      at least, taken completely apart and put back together) and it'd be nice
      to be able to test some motors and sensors while I work.

      I'd also like to be able to use the mower as a metal detector to find
      where a broken wire is, but I honestly don't think that's possible...
      but I might as well ask anyway. If the diagnostics and service mode can
      be used to do this, all the better...

      So if anyone knows how I can get this "password" (as it says "Password
      Req"), or what that mode even *does*, I'd really love it.

      Thanks!!

      ~ Falcon4