RE: [RoboMower] Robomower Quality

  • Justin C. Gould
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 4, 2005
      Tyler, what kind of shape does this leave people (like me) who purchased this season in? Ship down for SW/HW upgrade?

      Justin

      ________________________________

      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 4, 2005
        Justin,

        I don't quite understand what you are asking.

        Tyler

        In a message dated 11/4/2005 6:39:17 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
        jcgould@... writes:

        Tyler, what kind of shape does this leave people (like me) who purchased
        this season in? Ship down for SW/HW upgrade?

        Justin

      • Bob and Barbara
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 4, 2005
          Tyler, I beleive he's asking the same question as I have, what about
          us RM owners that just purchased RL1000s this season?

          I bought 2 RL1000s this year. Now I'm hearing How great!! Upgraded
          and Improved the 2006 models will be!! I would have waited til
          spring when I really need the 2nd RL1000 to cut my yard.

          Is FR going to allow us to upgrade our 2005 models or are we
          (customers) going to be left out in the cold again, like the RL500
          owners?
          Software is no problem as you just change out a chip.. I know
          because I did it on my first RL1000.
          Hardware could get tricky? Is there much in the way of hardware
          changes?

          Now I don't mean to get back to customer service issues again but
          maybe I am?

          Bob

          --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, tysamigo@a... wrote:

          > Justin,
          >
          > I don't quite understand what you are asking.
          >
          > Tyler
          >

          > In a message dated 11/4/2005 6:39:17 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
          > jcgould@c... writes:
          >
          > Tyler, what kind of shape does this leave people (like me) who
          purchased
          > this season in? Ship down for SW/HW upgrade?
          >
          > Justin

        • Justin C. Gould
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 4, 2005
            I'm asking if the good things coming in 2006 will be available to 2005
            edition RL1000 owners as a upgrade :)

            Justin

            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 4, 2005
              Bob,

              All robomowers can be upgraded. I'm not certain why you would think
              otherwise and do not understand your reference to "RL500 owners". Any "non docking
              mower" can be upgraded software and hardware to that of the highest available
              "non docking mower standards". Any "docking mower" can be upgraded to the
              highest "docking mower standards". This has been true since the product's
              U.S. release.

              Tyler

            • tysamigo@aol.com
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 4, 2005
                Bob,

                I should have included this in the last email, but there is something else I
                should share...FR listens more than you think. A few of us pushed hard for
                scheduled 2007 changes to occur in 2006 based partly on the past
                discussions/concerns in this particular group and hands on experience. In all reality I
                think we should see this from a different perspective. I'm certainly happier
                seeing more changes occur vs less. I appreciate your comments and wish to
                hear more from you and the group. I enjoy most of the discussions here vs
                other groups.

                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 4, 2005
                  Of course.

                  Tyler

                  In a message dated 11/4/2005 11:10:02 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                  jcgould@... writes:

                  I'm asking if the good things coming in 2006 will be available to 2005
                  edition RL1000 owners as a upgrade :)

                  Justin

                • bsporl
                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 5, 2005
                    Tyler,

                    Do you have a list of improvements to differentiate the 05 and 06
                    models?

                    Ben

                  • tysamigo@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 14 , Nov 5, 2005
                      Ben,

                      Yes but it is to early to supply this list at this point. Scheduled changes
                      for 2006 product line may not yet be complete. We have until the Jan before
                      this happens.

                      Tyler