RE: [RoboMower] Robot Repair Service

    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 4, 2005
      Iggy,

      When I'm talking about upgradeability, I'm talking about *Robomower's*
      ability to easily upgrade if they choose to.

      That is, design will not hamper them. As you can see from the 850/1000 they
      chose to reuse a number of parts, upgrading by replacing a few. The
      decision rests on marketing, not design limitations.

      That doesn't necessarily mean Joe User can upgrade on his own. But they
      can, if they had issues with motors, easily change that without affecting
      much else. Ditto the motherboard and, as I have found, the ROM. Dead
      simple.

      Dan

      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 4, 2005
        Could be hurricane damage. I put mine in the garage and they were fine, but
        some folks here in town had their house and everything in it crushed by
        trees.

        You wouldn't believe the damage...

        Dan

      • tysamigo@aol.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 4, 2005
          Matt,

          Insurance claims are for many reasons including, but not limited to, victims
          of Hurricane Katrina, other extreme weather, and "freak" accidents but
          basically the majority amount were due to extreme weather.

          Tyler

        • eyler@cox.net
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 4, 2005
            Tyler,

            > a couple have replaced the hood to green

            In the past, several people have talked about custom
            paint jobs (and some photos have been uploaded). Do
            you know what type of paint has been most successful
            for customizing the old yellow shells?

            Thanks, Trent

            http://mail2web.com/ .
          • tysamigo@aol.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 4, 2005
              Trent,

              I personally have not painted one. There are several people I know that
              have and had bad luck with it. The only people that I know that have had good
              luck with it are the few in here that have painted their mowers. I would wait
              to see a reply from those in the group who have been successful.

              As far as "official colors" for RM, there is Green and Yellow. There are
              more colors of RMs but not currently available.

              Tyler

              Tyler,