Re: Lopsided mower

  • Iggy & Svetlana
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 7, 2003
      ----- Original Message -----
      I have a problem with my new RL 800. The housing doesn't sit flat across the drive wheels, to the point that it rubs on the right wheel. Last week the mower quit in the middle of a job, complaining of drive overheating, and I discovered that it was rubbing so badly it had worn a groove in the wheel tread. I tried adjusting the drive wheel height up and down, but it didn't help. Has anyone run into this, or does anyone have any suggestions?

      This is abnormal. I'll forward your e-mail to FriendlyRobotics and will post the answer. I have RL500 and never in 2.5 years had problems with this. Perhpas, you sat on the cover and it settled :o) - or your kids were taking a ride?

      If it's a brand new one and if you only noticed it now (how many mowing sessions have you done already?) someone may have put something heavy on it during shipping in the truck or someone stepped on it while unloading/ loading boxes. I'd check on it and contact the company you bought it from. I would ask for replacement.

      Sincerely,

      IGGY Dybal

      Your Real Estate Consultant - Kansas City - RE/MAX Best

      E-mail: mailto:iggy@...   Web site: http://www.iggy.net
      Office: 913-894-4024 Toll-free: 877-550-IGGY/4449
      Fax: 913-322-4162
    • Iggy & Svetlana
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 8, 2003
        I have a problem with my new RL 800. The housing doesn't sit flat across the drive wheels, to the point that it rubs on the right wheel. Last week the mower quit in the middle of a job, complaining of drive overheating, and I discovered that it was rubbing so badly it had worn a groove in the wheel tread. I tried adjusting the drive wheel height up and down, but it didn't help. Has anyone run into this, or does anyone have any suggestions?

        This is what I got from FriendlyRobotics about the lopsided mower
        This looks like a broken rear wheels height adjustment handle and needs to get to a servicing dealer now, before the drive system gets faulty due overheating.