Re: any green rl1000 owners out there?

  • markfromminnesota
    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 31, 2005
      Dan,
      How can you afford 3 (green) RL 1000's???
      Or even two?
      I am trying to buy one and at $1,500.00 each, even one is
      realistically out of my normal price range.

      How has everyone afforded o justified such an expensive purchase?
      Thanks,
      ~Markito

      Message 2 of 21 , Aug 1, 2005
        From: "markfromminnesota" <fawcettmark@...>
        > Dan,
        > How can you afford 3 (green) RL 1000's???
        > Or even two?
        > I am trying to buy one and at $1,500.00 each, even one is
        > realistically out of my normal price range.
        >
        > How has everyone afforded o justified such an expensive purchase?
        > Thanks,
        > ~Markito

        Because he can and has money to spend on them? :o)

        "Turning Your Home Dream into Reality"

        Sincerely Yours,

        IGGY Dybal - RE/MAX - Northern Virginia & Kansas City
        Direct Office: 703-944-9095 Direct Toll-free: 1-877-550-4449
        Fax toll-free: 1-866-855-3154
        E-mail: iggykc@...
        Instant Messenger: AIM - "iggylenexa", Yahoo - "iggykc"
      • Clint D
        Message 3 of 21 , Aug 1, 2005
          Same way some people can afford ten $50 million dollar
          homes and forty $100k cars with a staff of cleaning,
          lawn care and maintence people. Not to mention several
          million dollars wirth of clothing. In a simple answer,
          some people have more money than others. :-)

          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
          Message 4 of 21 , Aug 1, 2005
            (1) I want them.
            (2) My lawn is 5 acres. I only need the area around the house mowed every
            week. I cut down on mowing the 5 acres by 1/2 to 1/3 by having the lawn
            service only mow every 3 weeks. The mowers will pay for themselves in a
            year or so.
            (3) After getting one mower and seeing how it made the lawn look, the
            service can't (doesn't) do that well.
            (4) We have more privacy without all the LawnFolks dropping in all the time.

            Not that it matters. See (1) above.

            Dan

          • markfromminnesota
            Message 5 of 21 , Aug 1, 2005
              Dan,
              Fair enough. You are certainly entitled, I wasn't passing judgement,
              just jealous and figured that it would cost less having a service do
              the work, but now I think your strategy is right.

              All the best to you,

            • Clint D
              Message 6 of 21 , Aug 1, 2005
                I forgot to add that the mowers will pay for
                themselves if you're replacing a lawnservice...
                meaning they are cheap when you think about it from
                that perspective.

                My yard isn't big enough to justify paying a lawn
                service... especially I'm in my 30s and healthly so
                technically I can push the mower if I wanted to and
                had time. But even if you calculate how much you make
                per hour and how many hours per year you'd spend
                mowing grass... time that could have been spent
                elsewhere - the robotic mowers are still quite
                practical.

                Having said that, I think it'll be great if there were
                some cheaper alternatives out there... hopefully
                iRobot will jump onboard and sell some cheap robotic
                mowers soon.

                Robotic Lawnmower Forums
                http://forums.robomower.biz

                === message truncated ===

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Bob and Barbara
                Message 7 of 21 , Aug 1, 2005
                  Markito, I compared costs.. and time.
                  1. I bought one in hopes it would cut my 3/4 acre lawn and I don't!!
                  2. It takes me 3-4 hours of mowing with a medium size Cub Cadet lawn
                  tractor.
                  3. Because I put my lawn on Scotts annual 5 step fertizing program,
                  it's beautiful but grows fast where I have to cut it about 2 times a
                  week or about 40-50 times per season.
                  4. My Cub Cadet tractor uses 3 gallons of gasoline each mowing time
                  therefore 3 gals x higher than $2.00 a gallon equals about $7.00 per
                  mow... Multiply that by 40-50 times and comes to about $300-$350 of
                  gas a season. (Not counting oil changes)
                  5. The New Rl 1000 Robomower uses about $7.00 a season in
                  electricity for keeping the battery charged.
                  6. I'm 57 and have allergies, that when I mow the yard(kick up
                  dust), I'm miserable for the next 2 days hacking and coughing and
                  taking allergy medication.(That's not cheap$$ either)
                  7. Our summer weather here gets in the high 90s-100+ degress with
                  extremely high humidity where even normal people can't breathe let
                  alone be out there cutting the grass.
                  8. I don't have to keep pulling a heavy mulching mower deck off the
                  tractor to keep cleaning it..Takes both Barbara and I to do it. Robo
                  mulches soooo fine, more neutrients for the grass. Easy to clean too.
                  9. Robo runs sooo quiet I can cut grass at any time day or night.
                  10. And last but not least I wanted one!!! Great conversation piece
                  too with the people driving down the road. LOL
                  I figured it would pay for itself in 3-4 seasons....

                  Bob

                  "Making Your Fantasy into a Reality"
                  Fashion Fantasy Lingerie- Day and Night Erotic Attire & Accessories
                  Manassas, Va www.fashionfantasylingerie.com
                  1-800-oerotic(637-6842)

                  --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "markfromminnesota"