Question on an old mower.

  • Trkeenan@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 5, 2003
      I am interested in Robomow early version of the robot.

        (#eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2338136173&category=20544)

      Any one have an ideas on how similar the components are from the older unit to the newer unit?

      Tim
      Denver
    • John Stoner
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 5, 2003
        For a paperweight or conversation piece, probably okay. But for a spare
        parts machine, you would be wasting your money...

        john (www.johnsarcade.com)

        I am interested in Robomow early version of the robot.

        (#eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2338136173&category=20544)

        Any one have an ideas on how similar the components are from the older unit
        to the newer unit?

        Tim
        Denver

        View pinball pics, b-ball stats and disturbing pictures at
        www.johnsarcade.com

      • Iggy & Svetlana
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 5, 2003
          I am interested in Robomow early version of the robot.

            (#eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2338136173&category=20544)

          Any one have an ideas on how similar the components are from the older unit to the newer unit?

          I looked for the old mower on eBay

          I talked to FriendlyRobotics way back about these original mowers - they are according to them are the first entry into the robot mowing market and they did not work very well as they were just beginning development. They had sensor problem, used a sonar !!??? to determine obstacles and often did not work. They called it "a piece of junk" :o)

          I think it's a good peace for a collection. I would like to get one working actually and have it running along with the RL500 and 800 - would be fun. The people at FR said they don't service them anymore (they are at least 3-5 years old now) and don't offer any support. I would not spend money on it to buy unless you just want to have it as an non-working piece as part of your collection or if you have a knowledge of how to assemble them, have the needed software, if you have another old one that you can use this one for parts :o)

          The condition of this particular one is not the best. He says it's been damaged in shipping and an electronic board too - how does the guy know? - he must have opened it already. I would question where this mower comes from - they have not been making these for a couple of years at least. It doesn't show any signs of wear and tear, so it maybe not used at all. The wheels are broken, the mower must have fallen off a cliff or something :o( - I am not sure if other components are working. However, the wheels have some rub/ dust/ dirt marks? on the flat surfaces - I don't know if they were rolled in the garage or the mower have been already used - hard to tell.

          Proceed at your own risk.

          Sincerely,

          IGGY Dybal

          Your Real Estate Consultant - Kansas City - RE/MAX Best

          E-mail: mailto:iggy@...   Web site: http://www.iggy.net
          Office: 913-894-4024 Toll-free: 877-550-IGGY/4449
          Fax: 913-322-4162
        • Trkeenan@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 5, 2003

            http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2338136173

[...]

            Thanks very much for the information and the advise.  I would like to find a used RL500 for the parts and learn more about the circuitry.  Maybe this particular way is not a good route.

            Thanks
            Tim
          • Iggy & Svetlana
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 5, 2003
              From: Trkeenan@...

              Thanks very much for the information and the advise.  I would like to find a used RL500 for the parts and learn more about the circuitry.  Maybe this particular way is not a good route.

              Unless you have a knowledge of the guts of the mower and want to accomplish something else with it, have computer programming experience, etc, and just want to screw around with it (like some people on this group :o) - go for it.

              I for one enjoy just not mowing the lawn :o)