timer seems wrong

  • torontoarrow
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2, 2003
      for some reason whenever I set the timer on my RL500 to say work for
      2 hours and then come back an hour later it still has 1:30 on the
      machine I thought it was my imgination but I tested it today and
      started it at 4pm and it didn't finish till around 6:45pm which is
      really od that its off
    • Iggy & Svetlana
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2003
        > for some reason whenever I set the timer on my RL500 to say work for
        > 2 hours and then come back an hour later it still has 1:30 on the
        > machine I thought it was my imgination but I tested it today and
        > started it at 4pm and it didn't finish till around 6:45pm which is
        > really od that its off

        Is the timer actually slow? Seems like your 2 hour work settings on the
        timer end up to be 2:45 in real time? The best way to test it is probably
        set up Work Time for 1 hour (doesn't matter which zone) and then test it in
        real time and then you'll see for sure where deviation is. The mower has
        some electronic component that measures time, if there is a deviation, there
        is a problem. However, if its 10-15 minutes difference per hour and it's
        consistent, I would adjust the Work time - from 1 hr to 40 min which will be
        1 hour in real time. You can have 3-4 zones set up with different timing for
        each zone and just adjust it accordingly. But this is only if the difference
        is constant all the time. If you notice that it varies with the time, then
        there is a problem with the hardware somewhere and you'll need to send it to
        the dealer for repairs. I would not personally worry about the clock
        differences unless it gets worse or bothers you. I would test it out for the
        sake of interest.

        Sincerely,

        IGGY Dybal

        Your Real Estate Consultant - Kansas City - RE/MAX Best

        E-mail: mailto:iggy@... Web site: http://www.iggy.net
        Office: 913-894-4024 Toll-free: 877-550-IGGY/4449
        Fax: 913-322-4162
      • torontoarrow
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 4, 2003
          --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Iggy & Svetlana
          <iggyandsvetlana@e...> wrote:
          > > for some reason whenever I set the timer on my RL500 to say work
          for
          > > 2 hours and then come back an hour later it still has 1:30 on the
          > > machine I thought it was my imgination but I tested it today and
          > > started it at 4pm and it didn't finish till around 6:45pm which
          is
          > > really od that its off
          >

          > Is the timer actually slow? Seems like your 2 hour work settings
          on the
          > timer end up to be 2:45 in real time? The best way to test it is
          probably
          > set up Work Time for 1 hour (doesn't matter which zone) and then
          test it in
          > real time and then you'll see for sure where deviation is. The
          mower has
          > some electronic component that measures time, if there is a
          deviation, there
          > is a problem. However, if its 10-15 minutes difference per hour
          and it's
          > consistent, I would adjust the Work time - from 1 hr to 40 min
          which will be
          > 1 hour in real time. You can have 3-4 zones set up with different
          timing for
          > each zone and just adjust it accordingly. But this is only if the
          difference
          > is constant all the time. If you notice that it varies with the
          time, then
          > there is a problem with the hardware somewhere and you'll need to
          send it to
          > the dealer for repairs. I would not personally worry about the
          clock
          > differences unless it gets worse or bothers you. I would test it
          out for the
          > sake of interest.
          >
          > Sincerely,
          >
          > IGGY Dybal
          >
          > Your Real Estate Consultant - Kansas City - RE/MAX Best
          >
          > E-mail: mailto:iggy@i... Web site: http://www.iggy.net
          > Office: 913-894-4024 Toll-free: 877-550-IGGY/4449
          > Fax: 913-322-4162

          is it a pain to send them back. I know when my computer has a
          problem and I have to send it back they ship me a box I put it in
          the box and it's overnighted to them. Is this the same way with
          robomowers because if it is to complicated to send back then I
          probably will just live with it like you said earlier
        • Iggy & Svetlana
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 4, 2003
            > is it a pain to send them back. I know when my computer has a
            > problem and I have to send it back they ship me a box I put it in
            > the box and it's overnighted to them. Is this the same way with
            > robomowers because if it is to complicated to send back then I
            > probably will just live with it like you said earlier

            I've received personal e-mail from FriendlyRobotics contact of mine - he is
            curious about this timer problem on he mower and would like to know more. If
            you post your future progress on it to the group, I'll forward it to him.
            He'll look into it. He was curious to know that something like this may
            happen.

            UPS will pick it up and ship it for $25 or so ground service - 2-4 days
            delivery. Not a big deal.

            Sincerely,

            IGGY Dybal

            Your Real Estate Consultant - Kansas City - RE/MAX Best

            E-mail: mailto:iggy@... Web site: http://www.iggy.net
            Office: 913-894-4024 Toll-free: 877-550-IGGY/4449
            Fax: 913-322-4162
          • Robert H. Warnke
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 4, 2003
              I just went through sending mine in for repair. If
              you can find a local dealer, I think they will ship it
              back at no cost to you. If not, you can take it to
              UPS in the box it came in and ship it for around $25.
              They will cover the cost to ship it back if it's
              covered under warranty.

              http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com