Re: Perimeter Switch Craziness!

  • wild_bill_howell
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2005
      LOL
      He sure is snake-bit, isn't he?

      First check for condensation inside the unit.
      If dry & still malfuncts....
      get a replacement.

      WB

      --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "terry_veldhuizen"
      <terry_veldhuizen@y...> wrote:
      > Your house is not by chance on an Indian burial ground?
      >
      > Terry
      >
      > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "thin_men" <thin_men@y...> wrote:
      > > Hey Everyone,
      > >
      > > I had posted a few weeks ago about my RL550 not edging
      completely -
      > this problem
      > > seems to have gone away inexplicably. However, now I have a new
      > issue: my perimeter
      > > switch "battery low" light is glowing steadily, even with new
      > batteries. Here's the kicker: it
      > > happens even when the switch is turned OFF and is DISCONNECTED
      > from the perimeter
      > > wires! When I hook it up to the perimeter wires, it sounds its
      > alert tone. I tried testing it
      > > by connecting the two terminals with a short piece of wire, and
      it
      > still happened. Needless
      > > to say, the mower cannot detect a wire signal, and refuses to
      > mow. Like my other
      > > problem, this happened without cause, and is driving me crazy!
      > Any suggestions?
      > >
      > > Ernie
    • markf123452001
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2005
        Remember to take the unit apart, unscrew the battery tray and then
        the circuit board, and remove the circuit board.

        I recently did that following recommendations in another thread. I
        found about a teaspoon of water under the circuit board that was kept
        from view (and from drying) by the rubber seal.

        After two days of the board sitting in front of a fan, it now works
        perfectly.

        --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "wild_bill_howell"
        <ALLAMERICANARC@p...> wrote:
        > LOL
        > He sure is snake-bit, isn't he?
        >
        > First check for condensation inside the unit.
        > If dry & still malfuncts....
        > get a replacement.
        >
        > WB
        >
        > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "terry_veldhuizen"
        > <terry_veldhuizen@y...> wrote:
        > > Your house is not by chance on an Indian burial ground?
        > >
        > > Terry
        > >
        > > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "thin_men" <thin_men@y...>
        wrote:
        > > > Hey Everyone,
        > > >
        > > > I had posted a few weeks ago about my RL550 not edging
        > completely -
        > > this problem
        > > > seems to have gone away inexplicably. However, now I have a
        new
        > > issue: my perimeter
        > > > switch "battery low" light is glowing steadily, even with new
        > > batteries. Here's the kicker: it
        > > > happens even when the switch is turned OFF and is DISCONNECTED
        > > from the perimeter
        > > > wires! When I hook it up to the perimeter wires, it sounds its
        > > alert tone. I tried testing it
        > > > by connecting the two terminals with a short piece of wire, and
        > it
        > > still happened. Needless
        > > > to say, the mower cannot detect a wire signal, and refuses to
        > > mow. Like my other
        > > > problem, this happened without cause, and is driving me crazy!
        > > Any suggestions?
        > > >
        > > > Ernie
      • Jim McGinnis
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1, 2005
          I found that any dampness gets in if left outside in the rain/mist/fog. I have a gas stove with a pilot. Leaving the unit in the oven for a couple of days or until the problem disappears has helped fix my problems on 3 different occasions..

          CAUTION remember to tell the woman/man of the house about it or it might get cooked for dinner!!

          Regards - Jim
          I had posted a few weeks ago about my RL550 not edging completely - this problem
          seems to have gone away inexplicably. However, now I have a new issue: my perimeter
          switch "battery low" light is glowing steadily, even with new batteries. Here's the kicker: it
          happens even when the switch is turned OFF and is DISCONNECTED from the perimeter
          wires! When I hook it up to the perimeter wires, it sounds its alert tone. I tried testing it
          by connecting the two terminals with a short piece of wire, and it still happened. Needless
          to say, the mower cannot detect a wire signal, and refuses to mow. Like my other
          problem, this happened without cause, and is driving me crazy! Any suggestions?

          Ernie

          Lawn mower Robotic mower