Warranty battery replacement

  • tsl902003
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 28, 2005
      I am waiting on my second replacement battery. FR connected me with
      Tyler at robodirect to get it taken care of. Tyler was very helpful
      on the phone and in addition to answering a lot of questions assured
      me that they had same day turn around on the batteries. I was really
      worried because with about an hour of mowing time I was mowing every
      day and not really keeping up very well.

      I sent my case (not sure really why this was necessary - last time
      they just sent me the cells) 6/16/05 2-3 day delivery. I'm still
      waiting to get something back. Parts of my yard have not been mowed
      in over 2 weeks. We had some good rain. Needless to say I'm in
      trouble. The wife is making cracks about how nice the neighbors lawn
      looks and wishing we had just hired the same service they did...

      I sent Tyler an e-mail today. Anyone having similar issues?

      Thanks

      TL
    • Austin Morgan
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 28, 2005
        Yes,
        I am having a similar issue. I sent my mower in for a 24hr turnaround
        repair over 2 weeks ago and they still don't have a fix. Tyler has had
        a few deaths in the family, which I am extremely sad to hear. Tyler
        really is a great guy and knows more about RM than FR does, but it seems
        all work has shut down since the deaths (I am not sure who is dead). My
        wife also keeps making cracks about "how well our $2000 mower cuts the
        grass" but hopefully things will get back to normal in the near future.

        Austin Morgan

      • tysamigo@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 28, 2005
          TL and others,

          I have experienced a death in my immediate family and the loss of my
          business partner very recently. Unfortunately my current business model did not
          plan for such a hard personal loss. The Customer Service that folks have come
          to expect from us over the last 5+ years has not been received in the recent
          weeks due to my absence. I assure anyone who reads this email that I DO care
          and love my job and all the friends I have made in the business. I have
          worked several 48hr days recently to help others continue with normal lives and
          quite honestly it has been hard. We now have a full administrative staff in
          place (4 recent hired) and many systems in place to continue moving forward,
          better and more efficient than before. May I offer my sincere apologies to you
          and any other folks who have been affected.

          Please note both Shipping AND Receiving Bays will be empty by end of
          business day Thursday June 30. All orders that have not already been shipped will
          do so by end of business day Thursday. You may forward any direct
          correspondence with me at:

          _tyler@..._ (mailto:tyler@...)

          I personally appreciate your understanding and am eager to regain your trust
          in the near future. I do care and I will take my father's advice with me,
          to continue with my dream.

          Sincerely
          M. Tyler Ramage
          Robo Direct Inc.
          Public Affairs
          Customer/Dealer Support Mgr.
          Sales & Service 502.742.ROBO (7626)
          _tyler@..._ (mailto:tyler@...)
          _www.robodirect.com_ (http://www.robodirect.com)

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 29, 2005
            Hi Tyler,

            We haven't done business before, but having a business of my own I can
            assure you that people think in the long term. "Stuff happens" in the short
            term, but the long term performance (good or bad) always returns. Your
            customers understand that.

            Sorry to hear about your losses. Sometimes you just have to break off and
            deal with those kinds of things.

            Good luck.

            Dan

          • Clint D
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 29, 2005
              Tyler, I'm very sorry to hear about your losses. If
              there's anything I can do, let me know.

              Clint

              --- tysamigo@... wrote:

> [...]
              > was very helpful
              > on the phone and in addition to answering a lot of
              > questions assured
              > me that they had same day turn around on the
              > batteries. I was really
              > worried because with about an hour of mowing time I
              > was mowing every
              > day and not really keeping up very well.
              >
              > I sent my case (not sure really why this was
              > necessary - last time
              > they just sent me the cells) 6/16/05 2-3 day
              > delivery. I'm still
              > waiting to get something back. Parts of my yard
              > have not been mowed
              > in over 2 weeks. We had some good rain. Needless
              > to say I'm in
              > trouble. The wife is making cracks about how nice
              > the neighbors lawn
              > looks and wishing we had just hired the same
              > service they did...
              >
              > I sent Tyler an e-mail today. Anyone having

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • tsl902003
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 29, 2005
                Tyler

                I echo those who have expressed their sympathy for your loss. If
                there's anything I can do please let me know.

                I will certainly survive a few more days without a mower.

                It is a credit to you and your business that this hiccup in customer
                service led us to believe there might be a problem. From some
                companies I deal with it would just be expected.

                Thanks for the update.

                TL
              • terry_veldhuizen
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 30, 2005
                  Tell your wife "she just doesn't get it". Let me know when the smoke
                  clears.

                  Terry

                  --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "tsl902003" <thomas-lehman@o...>
                  wrote:
                  > I am waiting on my second replacement battery. FR connected me
                  with
                  > Tyler at robodirect to get it taken care of. Tyler was very
                  helpful
                  > on the phone and in addition to answering a lot of questions
                  assured
                  > me that they had same day turn around on the batteries. I was
                  really
                  > worried because with about an hour of mowing time I was mowing
                  every
                  > day and not really keeping up very well.
                  >
                  > I sent my case (not sure really why this was necessary - last time
                  > they just sent me the cells) 6/16/05 2-3 day delivery. I'm still
                  > waiting to get something back. Parts of my yard have not been
                  mowed
                  > in over 2 weeks. We had some good rain. Needless to say I'm in
                  > trouble. The wife is making cracks about how nice the neighbors
                  lawn
                  > looks and wishing we had just hired the same service they did...
                  >
                  > I sent Tyler an e-mail today. Anyone having similar issues?
                  >
                  > Thanks
                  >
                  > TL
                • Stan Herl
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 1, 2005
                    Tyler,

                    Sorry to hesar about your loss.

                    i just recently bought another mower used and is working fine. However the back wheels will not stay in the highest setting. No matter how hard I try it continues to drop back one setting. This mower may be a lottle older than mine as the adjusting lever is just on one side of the mower and appears to be difficult to get in the highest setting. The mowers i have now have a adjusting lever that slides down each side and si connected so when adjusting both sides move at once. can you help me with this?

                    Stan

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 1, 2005
                      Stan,

                      I believe the Gear Frame may be broken. In the battery compartment, up
                      against the wall in the back of the battery compartment, at the bottom, there are
                      2 flaps. Pull those upward and look inside to see if the frame is broken.

                      Tyler