Re: [RoboMower] Re: Wire Sensor ERROR

  • Trkeenan@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 1, 2005
      This is a used RL500 unit. I have never had it working in my yard.
      Batteries are new in the mower and the switch. How do you calibrate the wire sensor?

      Thanks

      Tim

      In a message dated 5/31/2005 9:02:17 AM Mountain Standard Time,
      terry_veldhuizen@... writes:

      Are you saying that when you are more than 5 feet away, you get a no
      signal error? I assume that you have checked the batteries in the
      perimeter switch and the mower. There is a way to calibrate the wire
      sensor. If you search on the old messages, I think it was described
      earlier.

      Is this a new installation, or did it previously work?

      Terry

      --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "trkeenan" <Trkeenan@a...> wrote:
      > I am getting an error message that I am too close to the wire. I
      > move
      > away to the point that I get a meesage saying no signal. Any idea
      > what
      > could be wrong? The manual says you should be three feet away. I
      > have
      > tried three, four, and five until the point it can't sence the wire.

    • rehalab
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 1, 2005
        To calibrate the wire sensors, do the following:

        Position the mower well inside an active loop of wire.
        On Manual Settings (controller in your hand) press green button,
        Scroll up to Service key
        press green button and five zeros will appear on display
        scroll up for 1 on the left and press Green button for next
        digit scroll up twice for 2 and press green button and so forth.
        The password you want to enter is 12321

        Once done, it will ask you to Confirm, press green button and the
        display will jump to diagnostics. Press green button once only and
        scroll down to 'Learn wire sensors'. Press green button and wait.
        Once done, you will get a score of 'Was x now y'. Press green button
        again, to enter this new setting and now the mower should stop
        indicating wire too close when trying to operate in automatic mode.

      • Trkeenan@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 5, 2005
          Thanks very much. That worked perfect.

          Tim

          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 14, 2005
            I tried the below calibration and I was able to mow a couple of times and
            now its back. I recalibrated and now I get no wire sensor. Any ideas what's
            going on? Why is this so temperamental?

            Thanks for any ideas,

            rehalab@... writes:

            To calibrate the wire sensors, do the following:

            Position the mower well inside an active loop of wire.
            On Manual Settings (controller in your hand) press green button,
            Scroll up to Service key
            press green button and five zeros will appear on display
            scroll up for 1 on the left and press Green button for next
            digit scroll up twice for 2 and press green button and so forth.
            The password you want to enter is 12321

            Once done, it will ask you to Confirm, press green button and the
            display will jump to diagnostics. Press green button once only and
            scroll down to 'Learn wire sensors'. Press green button and wait.
            Once done, you will get a score of 'Was x now y'. Press green button
            again, to enter this new setting and now the mower should stop
            indicating wire too close when trying to operate in automatic mode.

            --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Trkeenan@a... wrote:

            > This is a used RL500 unit. I have never had it working in my
            yard.
            > Batteries are new in the mower and the switch. How do you
            calibrate the wire sensor?

            > Thanks
            >
            > Tim
            >

            > In a message dated 5/31/2005 9:02:17 AM Mountain Standard Time,
            > terry_veldhuizen@y... writes:
            >
            > Are you saying that when you are more than 5 feet away, you get a
            no
            > signal error? I assume that you have checked the batteries in the
            > perimeter switch and the mower. There is a way to calibrate the
            wire
            > sensor. If you search on the old messages, I think it was
            described
            > earlier.
            >
            > Is this a new installation, or did it previously work?
            >
            > Terry
            >

            > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "trkeenan" <Trkeenan@a...> wrote:
            > > I am getting an error message that I am too close to the wire. I
            > > move
            > > away to the point that I get a meesage saying no signal. Any
            idea
            > > what
            > > could be wrong? The manual says you should be three feet away.
            > > have
            > > tried three, four, and five until the point it can't sence the
            wire.

            Give the gift of life to a sick child.
            _Click Here!_ (http://us.click.yahoo.com/_HGP.B/6WnJAA/a8ILAA/X8NolB/TM)

          • IGGY & Svetlana
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 14, 2005
              I tried the below calibration and I was able to mow a couple of times and
              now its back. I recalibrated and now I get no wire sensor. Any ideas what's
              going on? Why is this so temperamental?

              What model RM do you have?

              If you have older mower model RL500/550 they are not as cool as new models. I think software bug issues, electro magnetic interference from power lines, water/gas mains, phone/internet cables, etc. Whatever else? RM is not like women :o) - they do not get better with age :o)

              Call Tyler of RoboDirect for futher info on tech support - phone - 1-502-742-7626.

              IGGY

            • Trkeenan@aol.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 14, 2005
                I have a RL500. I have another unit that works in the same yard fine. I
                don't think it would be environmental, maybe buggy software, I purchased it
                used.

                Thanks

                I tried the below calibration and I was able to mow a couple of times and
                now its back. I recalibrated and now I get no wire sensor. Any ideas
                what's
                going on? Why is this so temperamental?

                What model RM do you have?

                If you have older mower model RL500/550 they are not as cool as new models.
                I think software bug issues, electro magnetic interference from power lines,
                water/gas mains, phone/internet cables, etc. Whatever else? RM is not like
                women :o) - they do not get better with age :o)

                Call Tyler of RoboDirect for futher info on tech support - phone -
                1-502-742-7626.

                IGGY

                DonorsChoose. A simple way to provide underprivileged children resources
                often lacking in public schools. Fund a student project in NYC/NC today!
                _Click Here!_ (http://us.click.yahoo.com/T_B0zD/.WnJAA/a8ILAA/X8NolB/TM)

              • hfei.geo
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 26, 2005
                  Your problem is a bad wire sensor or loose wire sensor connector.

                  The connector is not a locking socket. So it might fall off if the
                  shock is to intense.
                  However, in my new mower, the front left sensor is dead when the mower
                  was shipped to me new. The thin wire in connects to the sensor pin
                  was broken. I was managed to solder it back temperatly. Now I get
                  the "wire too close" error. I will try to calibrate the sensors
                  tomorrow.

                  There is a diagnostic menu that enable you to read the sensor values.
                  Just go to:
                  Diagnostic -> wire sesor test -> Advanced:

                  When the mower is inside the zone you can read:
                  +068 +082 BR 39
                  -068 -074 G H

                  When the sensor was bad I got
                  +000 +082 BR 40
                  -068 -074 G H

                  By the way, where can I buy a new wire sensor?

                  Frank.