Robomower on TV?!?

  • mydropbox3
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 28, 2005
      The History Channel is doing a "salute to home tools" week or some such on their "Modern
      Marvels" show.

      I saw the commercial for it and they show a Robo mowing "towards" the camera, and then
      a "robo's eye view" as it was mowing a lawn. The show will be about mowers, weed
      whackers, and something else. I also think I saw the Husky mower and a guy sitting in a
      chair as it mows around him- Ambrolio(sp) perhaps? Here is the info from their site-

      ------------------
      Garage Gadgets.
      Airs on Friday, April 29 at 10:00pm ET

      Handy around the house? You will be after this history of the household garage. From lawn
      care products to snow removal and outdoor cooking, the garage gadgets for do-it-
      yourselfers have evolved over the decades to meet the ever-changing challenges of
      maintaining a home. With a typical garage as our starting point, we'll explore the
      uncommon histories behind some common garage items such as the lawn mower, string
      trimmer, leaf blower, barbecue grill, and more.  TVG
      ---------------

      Anyway it should be airing on Friday and I've set my PVR (Dish Network) to record it @
      7pm and @ 10pm pst.

      Anybody else see the commercial or know about this?
    • Chris Weaver
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 28, 2005
        Some may have seen it before, looks like it was first run in 2002.

      • yho.mysticturner@dfgh.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 28, 2005
          Yep. I saw it & have it on PVR as well. I think I've seen it before.
          Don't remember anything
          on the mowers though.

          Ken Mays

          > Some may have seen it before, looks like it was first run in 2002.
          >
          > On 4/28/05, mydropbox3 <mydropbox3@...> wrote:
          > > The History Channel is doing a "salute to home tools" week or some such
          on their "Modern
          > > Marvels" show.
          > >
          > > I saw the commercial for it and they show a Robo mowing "towards" the
          camera, and then
          > > a "robo's eye view" as it was mowing a lawn. The show will be about
          mowers, weed
          > > whackers, and something else. I also think I saw the Husky mower and a
          guy sitting in a
          > > chair as it mows around him- Ambrolio(sp) perhaps? Here is the info
          from their site-

          > > ------------------
          > > Garage Gadgets.
          > > Airs on Friday, April 29 at 10:00pm ET
          > >
          > > Handy around the house? You will be after this history of the household
          garage. From lawn
          > > care products to snow removal and outdoor cooking, the garage gadgets
          for do-it-
          > > yourselfers have evolved over the decades to meet the ever-changing
          challenges of
          > > maintaining a home. With a typical garage as our starting point, we'll
          explore the
          > > uncommon histories behind some common garage items such as the lawn
          mower, string
          > > trimmer, leaf blower, barbecue grill, and more.TVG
          > > ---------------
          > >
          > > Anyway it should be airing on Friday and I've set my PVR (Dish Network)
          to record it @
          > > 7pm and @ 10pm pst.
          > >
          > > Anybody else see the commercial or know about this?

        • Mead Lawson
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 28, 2005
            Hmm, thanks! I've marked it down and will watch it.

            Best,

            Mead

            Message 5 of 8 , May 1, 2005
              I didn't set my PVR to record this show. Does anyone have a digital copy
              that I can extract from an ftp site, etc.?

              Tyler
            • beekilher
              Message 6 of 8 , May 1, 2005
                No. But the History Channel will glady sell you one for $24.95.
                www.historychannel.com and search "Garage Gadgets"
                --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, tysamigo@a... wrote:
                > I didn't set my PVR to record this show. Does anyone have a
                digital copy
                > that I can extract from an ftp site, etc.?
                >
                > Tyler
              • Ben Sporl
                Message 7 of 8 , May 1, 2005
                  It was horrible. There was about 20 seconds of
                  robotic mower information, 2 shots of Robomower and no
                  real information about current market state, where the
                  future is, etc....

                  I deleted the file.

                  Message 8 of 8 , May 1, 2005
                    Ah ok. No problemo.