Painting the Outer Shell

  • Mead Lawson
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31 11:09 AM
      Has anyone painted the shell of their RM? I have an RL800 w/ the yellow shell. I'm toying with the idea of painting the outer shell and have a few design ideas. I'm considering a lady bug (black dot pattern and light detail, with springy antennae of course) or perhaps some WWII fighter teeth.

      Any other suggestions? Got any pictures to show?

      Best,

      Mead

    • Chris Weaver
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2005
        Look in the photo album:

        You will probably have to copy and paste these links to get all the
        text, Yahoo doesn't make it easy to link to photos in their own
        album!

        Ladybug here:
        http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/groups/g_9855674/Colors+or+RoboMower/Robobug
        +from+Denmark+-+I+think.jpg?bcs6ZTCBbmDf1Y5m

        Blue:
        http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/groups/g_9855674/Candy+apple+mod1.jpg?
        bcs6ZTCBFXMoPu9b

        Blue & Red (His & Her)
        http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/groups/g_9855674/His+and+hers+robos.jpg?
        bcs6ZTCBZe9Khq9H

        Maybe some more in there...

        --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "Mead Lawson" <meadlawson@c...>
        wrote:

        > Has anyone painted the shell of their RM? I have an RL800 w/ the
        yellow shell. I'm toying with the idea of painting the outer shell
        and have a few design ideas. I'm considering a lady bug (black dot
        pattern and light detail, with springy antennae of course) or
        perhaps some WWII fighter teeth.

        > Any other suggestions? Got any pictures to show?
        >

        > Best,
        >
        > Mead

      • Mead Lawson
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2005
          Thanks, Chris.

          The one painted as a ladybug is WAY better than I was shooting for. I'm a
          real amateur when it comes to anything artistic. It'll take some time to
          decide on a design, then actually put time aside to do it. I'll certainly
          let the group know when it gets done.

          Best,

          Mead