Re:LCD was on the starter screen that said "Zone A -Max"

  • IGGY & Svetlana
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 2005
      From: Clint D
      To: RoboMower@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, March 21, 2005 12:06 PM
      Subject: Re: [RoboMower] Re: [LCD was on the starter screen that said "Zone A -Max"

      Did it happen again? If you don't put the manual
      controller in properly, a small bump can cause it to
      jump out of of socket just enough to make the mower
      think it's in manual mode. Perhaps it popped up, then
      went back in?

      I wouldn't make a big deal out of this unless it
      happens frequently. Happy mowing!

      Wow, this is good, Clint. I did not think of this. On occasion, I've seen the manual controller kind of rise a bit, normally it fits pretty snuggly into the cradle. Over almost 4 years of robomowing I can maybe remember once when the controller popped. You can always over come it with duct tape or Velcro. But yes, it's possible that it can go up and thus shut the mower down.

      The mower assumes you want to work it in manual mode and shuts down. This error however is something else, perhaps, a combination of things - bumpy grounds, control popping a bit and going down, hitting a sensor, a wheel slipping, some electro magnetic interference from a power line underground or perhaps a water line?

      Older RL500 had that glitch. I had mine reprogrammed by FR and I think they changed some hardware and added new software. Mine was a newer RL500 with knobby tires and had "stop'n'turn" mode while newer software updates eliminated the 5-7 seconds time it took it to make a turn when it left the wire and stopped and was making a turn.

      Is this the model you have? Then, it's possible there is some interference from outside. Do you have power lines above the yard or are they buried? Where is the water line? How about gas line? Cable? Phone?

      "Turning Your Home Dream into Reality"

      Sincerely Yours,

      IGGY Dybal - RE/MAX Best - Kansas City
      Direct Office: 913-894-4024 Voicemail: 913-323-5408
      Toll-free: 1-877-550-4449 Direct fax: 913-322-4162
      Toll-free fax: 1-800-596-4449
      E-mail: iggykc@... Web site: http://www.iggy.net
      Instant Messenger: AIM - "iggylenexa", Yahoo - "iggykc"