"Friendly" raises accessory prices?

  • markf123452001
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 4, 2005
      I was just ready to order a new set of blades for my RL-800, checked
      the usual FR web dealers and noticed that they all have raised the
      prices on accessories: a set of blades now retails for $72.99, a
      battery for $180, the perimerer switch $99. What happeded? Does FR
      really think this will help their bottom line?
    • tysamigo@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 4, 2005
        We have seen the same thing. May I suggest you pass along your comments
        and/or concerns to _support@..._
        (mailto:support@...) .

        Tyler

        In a message dated 3/4/2005 1:47:47 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
        mark@... writes:

        I was just ready to order a new set of blades for my RL-800, checked
        the usual FR web dealers and noticed that they all have raised the
        prices on accessories: a set of blades now retails for $72.99, a
        battery for $180, the perimerer switch $99. What happeded? Does FR
        really think this will help their bottom line?

        Best Regards,

        Tyler Ramage
        Public Affairs
        Customer/Dealer Support Mgr.
        Robo Direct Inc.
        P: 502.742.ROBO
        F: 502.968.9109
        Toll Free 800.811.3965
        tyler@...
        www.robodirect.com

      • Chris Weaver
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 7, 2005
          Set of Blades for $59 + $6 shipping
          Low Cut
          http://www.sewserg.com/products/abp08734-1058.html
          High Cut
          http://www.sewserg.com/products/abp08733-1058.html

          Same price here:
          http://www.homebotics.com/Robomower/Robomower_order.htm

          $49 & free shipping here, surplus? high cut or low cut?
          http://www.roboticmowerusa.com/access.htm

          --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "markf123452001" <mark@r...> wrote:

          > I was just ready to order a new set of blades for my RL-800,
          checked
          > the usual FR web dealers and noticed that they all have raised the
          > prices on accessories: a set of blades now retails for $72.99, a
          > battery for $180, the perimerer switch $99. What happeded? Does
          FR
          > really think this will help their bottom line?
        • atlantasailor
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 8, 2005
            Basically, the increasd price on accessories is in response to the
            cheap Woot mowers. The idea is that if you get the mower cheap then
            you need to pay more for accessories to 'even out' the
            price...compared with those paying 'full' price....

            --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Weaver" <cweaver@y...> wrote:

            > Set of Blades for $59 + $6 shipping
            > Low Cut
            > http://www.sewserg.com/products/abp08734-1058.html
            > High Cut
            > http://www.sewserg.com/products/abp08733-1058.html
            >
            > Same price here:
            > http://www.homebotics.com/Robomower/Robomower_order.htm
            >
            > $49 & free shipping here, surplus? high cut or low cut?
            > http://www.roboticmowerusa.com/access.htm
            >

            > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "markf123452001" <mark@r...>
            wrote:

            > > I was just ready to order a new set of blades for my RL-800,
            > checked
            > > the usual FR web dealers and noticed that they all have raised
            the
            > > prices on accessories: a set of blades now retails for $72.99, a
            > > battery for $180, the perimerer switch $99. What happeded? Does
            > FR
            > > really think this will help their bottom line?
          • iggykc
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 8, 2005
              --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "atlantasailor"
              <atlantasailor@y...> wrote:
              > Basically, the increasd price on accessories is in response to the
              > cheap Woot mowers. The idea is that if you get the mower cheap
              then
              > you need to pay more for accessories to 'even out' the
              > price...compared with those paying 'full' price....

              Interesting point. Every business plays with different models of
              doing business and it seems like they are responding to the market,
              nothing more, nothing less. It costs them business because Woot is
              wooing "cheap" mower buyers away. Eventually, this takes toll on the
              business. They have to find other revenue streams. Otherwise, there
              will be no US Distributor :o( or tech people who'll ever service the
              current stock of mowers.

              Unless of course, another competitor comes in.
            • stuarth44@aol.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 9, 2005
                I think it *may* cost them some business, but I doubt that many of the Woot buyers would pay for a full price unit. In a way, it may actually get Friendly some business, because people will get a Woot unit and be "hooked" on the robotic mower idea and upgrade to a better model in the future. Also, neighbors and friends will see the mower in action...free advertising.

                Stuart

                In a message dated 3/8/2005 12:30:52 PM Eastern Standard Time, "iggykc" <iggyandsvetlana@...> writes:

                > It costs them business because Woot is
                >wooing "cheap" mower buyers away. Eventually, this takes toll on the
                >business.

              • markf123452001
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 9, 2005
                  So "Friendly" decided to punish us, the customers that bought through
                  their retail distribution chain because Woot and others are selling
                  the RL500 acquired by the previous distributors bankruptcy sale?
                  Doesn't make sense to me.

                  It seems likely that these higher accessory prices are their attempt
                  to generate revenue from a captive audience that has few alternatives
                  if they want to keep their Robomowers running. The other possibility
                  is the recent decline of the US Dollar against European currencies.

                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 15, 2005
                    This forum got me worried on the price of replacement blades so I
                    bought a set of the $49 free shipping ones listed below.

                    They arrived wrapped up loosely in paper, no retail box, a bit
                    dusty. Apparently some sort of surplus or pulls.

                    They are stamped:
                    High Cut
                    203

                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 15, 2005
                      Just FYI.

                      We sell, as most other dealers should, sell the new RM Blades (high cut or
                      low cut) $45.71. Shipping in only a couple of dollars to anywhere in the
                      country. Again, these are NEW and unopened in the retail box.

                      Thanks

                      Best Regards,

                      Tyler Ramage
                      Public Affairs
                      Customer/Dealer Support Mgr.
                      Robo Direct Inc.
                      P: 502.742.ROBO
                      F: 502.968.9109
                      1.800.811.3965
                      tyler@...
                      _www.robodirect.com_ (http://www.robodirect.com)

                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 16, 2005
                        Now why didn't you post this when the high priced accessories
                        threads were saying they were $72?

                        --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, tysamigo@a... wrote:

                        > Just FYI.
                        >
                        > We sell, as most other dealers should, sell the new RM Blades
                        (high cut or
                        > low cut) $45.71. Shipping in only a couple of dollars to anywhere
                        in the
                        > country. Again, these are NEW and unopened in the retail box.
                        >
                        > Thanks
                        >
                        > Best Regards,
                        >
                        > Tyler Ramage
                        > Public Affairs
                        > Customer/Dealer Support Mgr.
                        > Robo Direct Inc.
                        > P: 502.742.ROBO
                        > F: 502.968.9109
                        > 1.800.811.3965
                        > tyler@r...
                        > _www.robodirect.com_ (http://www.robodirect.com)
                        >

                        > In a message dated 3/15/2005 2:06:54 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                        > cweaver@y... writes:
                        >
                        > This forum got me worried on the price of replacement blades so I
                        > bought a set of the $49 free shipping ones listed below.
                        >
                        > They arrived wrapped up loosely in paper, no retail box, a bit
                        > dusty. Apparently some sort of surplus or pulls.
                        >
                        > They are stamped:
                        > High Cut
                        > 203
                        >

                        > Best Regards,
                        >
                        > Tyler Ramage
                        > Public Affairs
                        > Customer/Dealer Support Mgr.
                        > Robo Direct Inc.
                        > P: 502.742.ROBO
                        > F: 502.968.9109
                        > 1.800.811.3965
                        > tyler@r...
                        > www.robodirect.com

                      • Clint D
                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 16, 2005
                          Are there any other dealers selling blades even
                          cheaper than Tyler here? I'm curious to know...

                          http://mail.yahoo.com
                        • tysamigo@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 13 , Mar 16, 2005
                            I said early on this year at some point that the 2005 Robomower Accessory
                            Retail Price List was available. If anyone wanted one, they were instructed to
                            send me an email and I would reply. I believe I sent out well over 100
                            emails with this attachment shortly after I posted that.

                            My apologies if you did not know. From now on you are always welcome to
                            check with us, or another authorized dealer, to find out "true" Accessory Prices
                            for Robomower.

                            Thanks
                            Tyler

                            Message 13 of 13 , Mar 16, 2005
                              Clint,

                              Our prices are regular retail. Our customers, on the other hand, always
                              receive a discount with subsequent orders but the prices I quote publicly are
                              regular retail. Other authorized FR dealers should do the same. If they don't
                              follow the pricing guidelines, their "retail/service rights" are jeopardized.

                              Tyler