Re: Candy Apple mod

  • Chris Weaver
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 11 3:43 PM
      --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "andrewaj2003" <ajpk3@h...> wrote:

      > I uploaded two pics of my blue robomower. My next one from woot
      I'll
      > do in Candy apple red with clearcoat.

      m=Candy+apple+mod1.jpg

      Beautiful, strange how you named it for your next paint job though...
    • Bill
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 12 6:57 AM
        Andrew,

        Nice job. Of course, being a BMW motorcyclist, mine will have to be
        in appropriate BMW colors. ;^{)

        Bill

        > I uploaded two pics of my blue robomower. My next one from woot
        I'll
        > do in Candy apple red with clearcoat.
      • Andrew John
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 12 3:54 PM
          >I uploaded two pics of my blue robomower. My next one from woot
          >I'll do in Candy apple red with clearcoat.

          >m=Candy+apple+mod1.jpg
          >
          >Beautiful, strange how you named it for your next paint job though...

          Candy Apple is the type of paint. It refers to the wet look and comes in
          many colors.
        • . IGGY & Svetlana .
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 12 4:29 PM
            Wow! I loved the blue color! I would love to see it a bit lighter though
            :o) - just my taste :o)

            Can you describe the process of painting? Did you take the cover off or
            taped the bumpers? How did you paint the battery cover? Battery shell that
            goes inside is not painted? What paint did you use? Did you put high gloss
            on it? Was it spray paint from a can or did you use a brush or was it air
            spray? Can a normal person do it or you are a painter? :o)

            Thanks!

            "Turning Your Home Dream into Reality"

            Sincerely Yours :o),

            IGGY Dybal - RE/MAX Best - Kansas City
            Direct Office: 913-894-4024 Voice mail: 913-323-5408
            Toll-free 1-877-550-4449
            Direct fax: 913-322-4162 Toll-free fax: 1-800-596-4449
            E-mail: iggykc@... Web site: http://www.iggy.net
            Instant Messenger: AIM - "iggylenexa", Yahoo - "iggykc"
          • Andrew John
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 12 4:42 PM
              >Wow! I loved the blue color! I would love to see it a bit lighter though
              >:o) - just my taste :o)

              Thanks.

              >Can you describe the process of painting? Did you take the cover off or
              >taped the bumpers?

              Taped.

              >How did you paint the battery cover?

              Seperate but same steps as the rest.

              >Battery shell that goes inside is not painted?

              No.

              >What paint did you use?

              Candy Apple from Pepboys.

              >Did you put high gloss on it?

              Candy Apple comes in many colors and has a wet look.

              >Was it spray paint from a can or did you use a brush or was it air
              >spray?

              Spray can.

              >Can a normal person do it or you are a painter? :o)

              I'm not a painter and don't really like painting but this is different.

              Masked rubber bumpers and light, removed wheels, sanded with 400 grit and
              rubbed down with rubbing alcohol. Many cans of flexible bumper primer to get
              the surface smooth. 400-800 grit wet/dry in-between coats. 3 cans of blue,
              then 2 of clear-coat, all from Pepboys . 1000-1500 grit over clear coat then
              buffed smooth and waxed. These are the same steps I use on notebook mods.
              The result looks like a fine auto body finish and is very durable.