Re: [RoboMower] Re: Your thoughts? (remote control lawnmower)

  • Kenneth Worley
    Message 1 of 23 , Oct 4, 2004
      I would have to say that i agree completely. Also I see that this product still uses gas, oil, spark plugs, ect. and is not a very "green" product in fact from my point of view it is pretty "red" lol. From what I could tell from the video, it is very loud, environmentally UNfriendly, very big, and most importantly UNSAFE. i see many hazards that COULD arise from the use of this product. The hazards that i see are (but not limited to) getting injured from the blades (no lift/shut off sensor), flying debris (notice all the dust,ect. that was getting projected from the mower while in operation). These are just 2 of the many hazards that I can see. Theses 2 reasons are enough for me not to dig deeper into this product. Although i do like the whole wireless remote control idea and I feel it would be a great feature for the Robomow and other "green" mowers.

      Just MY thoughts,
      Gizzy

      Clint D <clintd555@...> wrote:
      If it's a remote control only mower, it plain sucks.
      Definately a step backwards from the automatic mowers.

      If you have time to sit on the couch and manually
      control the mower to mow the whole yard, you may as
      well use that time to exercise and push it if you'd
      ask me.

      Automatic's the way to go!

      --- IGGY and Svetlana <iggyandsvetlana@...>

      http://www.remotecontrolmower.com

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • robodirect@juno.com
      Message 2 of 23 , Oct 4, 2004
        I have seen this mower. It would be good for handicap people, but would
        be impossible with blind people or people with vision problems. They
        could feel their way two the robomower and push green button. However, It
        would be better if FR had a remote start. Then blind people could have a
        way of mowing and could keep their independent way of living.
      • robodirect@juno.com
        Message 3 of 23 , Oct 4, 2004
          No a remote would be better. Especially when error messages come up. You
          can correct and then restart from inside house or chair.

          Remember Blind people and other handicap people.

          They might not be mobile enough to take mower to lawn.

          Gary
        • robodirect@juno.com
          Message 4 of 23 , Oct 4, 2004
            I am talking about a Power mower that mows 21" , Looks like a mower with
            the handles cut off. It uses gas not a battery.

            Uses a remote control like one of those toys you see.

            You must be talking about another type.

            Gary
          • robodirect@juno.com
            Message 5 of 23 , Oct 4, 2004
              Well if FR adds it , then you will pay $1000 more I am sure.
            • robodirect@juno.com
              Message 6 of 23 , Oct 4, 2004
                What if you have no legs? I know people that have one or both legs
                missing. I think it is good for certain groups of people.
              • robodirect@juno.com
                Message 7 of 23 , Oct 4, 2004
                  What???? Your far away with remote. I believe you can mulch with it , so
                  that makes it environment friendly. As for noise? Well airplanes are 100
                  x louder, so lets shut down the airports first. Do you use a trimmer or
                  blower? Now thats loud. I have also been in lawn service business for
                  nearly 25 years and I have NEVER NEVER NEVER thrown anything out of my
                  mower and killed or mamed anyone. Not even a dog. Never broken a window,
                  so I think the safety thing is far fetched.

                  PS , dont worry, these peeps are not going to run out sell their robos
                  and buy this mower. They want $1400 to $2300 last I looked at prices, why
                  thats even higher than Friendly, believe it or not!!!!!

                  I do think when Irobot makes a wireless remote robotic mower under $600,
                  that people will see their FRs and buy The Irobotic automatic lawn mower.

                  Gary

                  On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 09:16:08 -0700 (PDT) Kenneth Worley
                  <downinthewater@...> writes:
                  > I would have to say that i agree completely. Also I see that this
                  > product still uses gas, oil, spark plugs, ect. and is not a very
                  > "green" product in fact from my point of view it is pretty "red"
                  > lol. From what I could tell from the video, it is very loud,
                  > environmentally UNfriendly, very big, and most importantly UNSAFE. i
                  > see many hazards that COULD arise from the use of this product. The
                  > hazards that i see are (but not limited to) getting injured from the
                  > blades (no lift/shut off sensor), flying debris (notice all the
                  > dust,ect. that was getting projected from the mower while in
                  > operation). These are just 2 of the many hazards that I can see.
                  > Theses 2 reasons are enough for me not to dig deeper into this
                  > product. Although i do like the whole wireless remote control idea
                  > and I feel it would be a great feature for the Robomow and other
                  > "green" mowers.
                  >
                  > Just MY thoughts,
                  > Gizzy
                  >

                  > Clint D <clintd555@...> wrote: If it's a remote control only
                  > mower, it plain sucks.
                  > Definately a step backwards from the automatic mowers.
                  >
                  > If you have time to sit on the couch and manually
                  > control the mower to mow the whole yard, you may as
                  > well use that time to exercise and push it if you'd
                  > ask me.
                  >
                  > Automatic's the way to go!
                  >

                  > --- IGGY and Svetlana <iggyandsvetlana@...>
                  > wrote:
                  >
                  > > http://www.remotecontrolmower.com
                  > >
                  > > Someone pointed out to me in a private e-mail that
                  > > this mower has only
                  > > remove control, it's not automatic :o) and
                  > > apparently doesn't have a wire. I
                  > > am not sure what the purpose of this remote control
                  > > be if you have to watch
                  > > the mower all the time and only direct it with this
                  > > remote.
                  > >
                  > > Sincerely,
                  > >
                  > > IGGY Dybal - RE/MAX Best - Kansas City
                  > > Office: 913-894-4024 Toll-free 1-877-550-4449
                  > > Voice mail: 913-323-5408
                  > > E-mail: iggykc@... Web site:
                  > > http://www.iggy.net
                  > > Instant Messenger: AIM - "iggylenexa", Yahoo -
                  > > "iggykc"

                  > http://vote.yahoo.com
                  >
                  > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
                  > var lrec_target="_top";var lrec_URL = new Array();lrec_URL[1] =

                  "http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129h571af/M=294150.5475418.6555472.1501134/D
                  =groups/S=1705041687:HM/EXP=1096991169/A=2380023/R=0/id=flashurl/SIG=124g
                  ll7mf/*http://www.interest.com/includes/server/icom_campaign.asp?id=10720

                  > ";var link="javascript:LRECopenWindow(1)";var lrec_flashfile =

                  'http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/bo/bon_marketing/300x250_yahoo_em4_1
                  00104.swf?clickTAG='+link+'';var
                  > lrec_altURL =

                  "http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129h571af/M=294150.5475418.6555472.1501134/D
                  =groups/S=1705041687:HM/EXP=1096991169/A=2380023/R=1/id=altimgurl/SIG=124
                  gll7mf/*http://www.interest.com/includes/server/icom_campaign.asp?id=1072
                  0
                  > ";var lrec_altimg =

                  "http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/bo/bon_marketing/300x250_em4_100104.
                  jpg";var
                  > lrec_width = 300;var lrec_height = 250;

                  > Service.

                  > http://mail.yahoo.com

                  Get your name as your email address.
                • IGGY and Svetlana
                  Message 8 of 23 , Oct 5, 2004
                    From: "RoboticService" <roboticservice@...>
                    > It is romote control, not automatic or autonomous.

                    Yes, I later corrected myself on it after I studied it a bit more.

                    Sincerely,

                    IGGY Dybal - RE/MAX Best - Kansas City
                    Office: 913-894-4024 Toll-free 1-877-550-4449
                    Voice mail: 913-323-5408
                    E-mail: iggykc@... Web site: http://www.iggy.net
                    Instant Messenger: AIM - "iggylenexa", Yahoo - "iggykc"
                  • RoboticService
                    Message 9 of 23 , Oct 5, 2004
                      And I think I deleted that post in the group after I read your
                      correction.

                      --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, IGGY and Svetlana

                    • whereru750@yahoo.com
                      Message 10 of 23 , Oct 6, 2004
                        I was about to reply that for blind people the FULLY AUTOMATIC
                        RL1000 is the way to go, but what would they do if (when) it gets
                        stuck somewhere??

                        Obviously, there is no perfect solution to the blind person problem
                        (my mother in law is blind), but if someone was to come up with the
                        best possible solution, a completely automatic device like the 1000
                        is the best option.

                        --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, robodirect@j... wrote:
                        > I have seen this mower. It would be good for handicap people, but
                        would
                        > be impossible with blind people or people with vision problems.
                        They
                        > could feel their way two the robomower and push green button.
                        However, It
                        > would be better if FR had a remote start. Then blind people could
                        have a
                        > way of mowing and could keep their independent way of living.
                      • Ken & Lori Mays
                        Message 11 of 23 , Oct 6, 2004
                          The correct response for a blind person is not this remote control lawnmower
                          nor most FR products.  They need a fully automatic mower like an Ambrogio
                          or FR 1000.  Now that't independence.  I don't even need to be there!

                          Ken Mays
                          Ambrogio (Senior Antonio) since 12/03