Re: Frnt wheel problem.... any ideas?

  • IGGY and Svetlana
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 5, 2004
      From: "kcobra07" <kcobra07@...>
      > Robo just stopped mowing today with a "frnt wheel problem" displaying
      > in the LCD. Sometimes there is grass that gets in the wheel, but I
      > keep it cleaned. However, the "frnt wheel problem" will not go
      > away.
      > I can take it in for service, but have any of you had this problem?
      > It also keeps saying, "please remove battery pack before lifting".
      > It won't engage the blades in manual mode.
      > I was able to drive it back to it's resting place until I can figure
      > out what's wrong.
      > If it's a simple solution then I can take care of it, but if it's
      > something that needs servicing then I'll take it in.

      I had this happen recently when the grass in the back yard was tall and was
      wet. There was a lot of clippings on the wheels and the blade wells. I moved
      the mower several times, adjusted the front wheel, nothing helped. Cleaned
      the wells, got the grass out of the rear wheels, took the battery out for 10
      seconds and put it back in - it worked well ever since.

      Sincerely,

      IGGY Dybal - RE/MAX Best - Kansas City
      Office: 913-894-4024 Toll-free 1-877-550-4449
      Voice mail: 913-323-5408
      E-mail: iggykc@... Web site: http://www.iggy.net
      Instant Messenger: AIM - "iggylenexa", Yahoo - "iggykc"
    • kcobra07
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 6, 2004
        Strange. I posted a reply to this, but it wasn't posted.

        To an earlier post: My Robo is an RL800. I may get an RL1000 later
        if this one works out well.

        To IGGY: You said you cleaned out the wheels and it worked okay?

        It was kind of warm on the day that I had Robo out. I try to put him
        out in the evening, but it's been raining a lot here lately. I don't
        know if the heat had something to do with it. I was going to take
        him in Tues, but I stored the mower and then tried it again yesterday
        for an experiement that I'm doing with zones in my yard. Behold!, it
        had no problem. It ran fine. I don't understand.

        Robo has acted strange before. Sometimes it acts as though the
        timing is off on the music and starting to cut. It's like the
        program gets messed up. I have had it start cutting almost as soon
        as I cut it on instead of waiting for the warm up period. I usually
        pull the battery, let it sit for a few minutes then plug the battery
        back in and it's okay.

        If this one last until next year I may sell it and get an RL1000. I
        like the idea of the auto recharge and cut. Then I won't even have
        to worry about putting Robo out to cut. :-) It's pretty bad when
        you start finding it an inconvenience to put a Robot out to cut your
        lawn.

        --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, IGGY and Svetlana
        <iggyandsvetlana@e...> wrote:
> [...]
      • John
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 7, 2004
          Re: "It's pretty bad when you start finding it an inconvenience to put a Robot out to cut yourlawn."