Re: [RoboMower] battery

  • Stuart Cracraft
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2004
      Okay this is something I can sink my teeth into. Thanks for the meat.

      The question now is, since I bought this at the amorphous, monolithic
      SEARS.COM,
      who would replace my RL800 main board???

      At 12:30 PM 8/1/2004, you wrote:
      >Stuart,
      >
      >I had the same type of problem with my RL800. I took my RL800 to the
      >local service dealer. They replaced the main board.
      >
      >Tony
      >

      >Stuart Cracraft <cracraft@...> wrote:
      >So my Robomower, which is in the garage behind my office, started making a
      >weird
      >sound. Since it's under one of my kids bedrooms and they're asleep, I
      >decided to
      >go out and investigate. It has been 2-3 weeks since I last used it.
      >
      >I went in and it had been saying to check something. Instead of saying
      >charging.
      >I have no reason to suspect power in the room is bad. After trying a few
      >things
      >like pulling the plug, putting it back in, getting the same warning, I
      >pulled the
      >battery out and unplugged from the wall.
      >
      >My fear is that the batter is a clunker, less than a year old, and already
      >failing.
      >
      >Anyone have some advice? I don't want to spend a lot of money for what
      >SHOULD work.
      >
      >I have used this on average about one every 3 weeks for the past 11 months
      >without
      >incident but gradually stranger battery operation (shorter runs before
      >needing a recharge.)
      >
      >Thanks,
      >
      >Stuart
      >

      >Do you Yahoo!?
      ><http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/security/*http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail/static/protection.html>Yahoo!
      >Mail - You care about security. So do we.
      >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      ><http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12950rkt9/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=groups/S=1705041687:HM/EXP=1091475047/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://companion.yahoo.com>
      >click here
      >
      >[]

      > *
      > <mailto:RoboMower-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>RoboMower-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
      >
      > *
    • tyt9248
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 2, 2004
        Contact Tyler or find a local dealer (if you not live in a small town), who provides the service, from FR's web site.

        Tyler will provider a fast service but you will pay for one-way shipping.  If you local dealer does not have the parts, you will wait for a LONG LONG time.

        At 12:30 PM 8/1/2004, you wrote:
        >Stuart,
        >
        >I had the same type of problem with my RL800.  I took my RL800 to the
        >local service dealer.  They replaced the main board.
        >
        >Tony

        Do you Yahoo!?