Re: battery

  • IGGY and Svetlana - Kansas City Homes &
    Message 1 of 44 , Jul 31, 2004
      From: "Stuart Cracraft" <cracraft@...>
      > So my Robomower, which is in the garage behind my office, started making a
      > weird
      > sound. Since it's under one of my kids bedrooms and they're asleep, I
      > decided to
      > go out and investigate. It has been 2-3 weeks since I last used it.
      >
      > I went in and it had been saying to check something. Instead of saying
      > charging.
      > I have no reason to suspect power in the room is bad. After trying a few
      things
      > like pulling the plug, putting it back in, getting the same warning, I
      > pulled the
      > battery out and unplugged from the wall.
      >
      > My fear is that the batter is a clunker, less than a year old, and already
      > failing.
      >
      > Anyone have some advice? I don't want to spend a lot of money for what
      > SHOULD work.
      >
      > I have used this on average about one every 3 weeks for the past 11 months
      > without
      > incident but gradually stranger battery operation (shorter runs before
      > needing a recharge.)

      What is your model #? How old is it? - 11 months? Is it 800? It has some
      sort of a bug that can require main board replacement I understand. Check if
      it's still under warranty. Battery is warranted for 1 year while the mower
      is for 2 years.

      If you have 500 or 550, did you buy it from a close out store or dealer?
      This can help us determine what's cooking. If you bought it from an
      unauthorized source, you may have an outdated unit, and battery may not have
      been stored/recharged periodically while it was stored - this can explain
      your problem.

      Don't know perhpas the batteries must be used more often than you have (once
      every 3 weeks) to maintain their peak performance? Unlikely, but possible.
      I'd say that it probably doesn't matter too much.

      Many of us on this group who have had their RM for 3+ years report 3.5-4
      hours mowing times. My two batteries that I use at least once a week (will
      be using more in my newer house on a much bigger yard) are 3+ years old and
      are going strong with 3.5-4 hours all the time. I keep them on the fast
      recharger and recharge them all the time.

      Sincerely,

      IGGY Dybal - RE/MAX Best - Kansas City
      Office: 913-894-4024 Toll-free 1-877-550-4449
      Voice mail: 913-323-5408
      E-mail: iggykc@... Web site: http://www.iggy.net
      Instant Messenger: AIM - "iggylenexa", Yahoo - "iggykc"
    • Stuart Cracraft
      Message 44 of 44 , Apr 6, 2010
        Need a battery with frame for an RL800.

        Does anyone know where to get one?