Re: [RoboMower] RoboScan

  • Wild Bill
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 4, 2004
      <Much better drive gearbox design.>
      -----------------------------
      Better, how?
      What's changed?

      WB

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Matt
      Sent: Sunday, July 04, 2004 3:08 PM
      Subject: Re: [RoboMower] RoboScan

      Matt,

      Good morning,

      See my answers below...

      striker02000 <striker02000@...> wrote:

      I have a Robomower on loan for a test period before I decide to
      buy. It's an RL500 from a local Hoover store.

      I would actually buy an RL850 or RL1000, so I'm wondering, how much
      better is the navigation software in the newer models?

      I have noticed that this RL500 displays "RoboScan2" on the display
      when mowing. Does that mean it is running the latest software?

      If it's not running the latest software, can anyone say how much
      better the newer models operate?

      Matt

      This is as concise as I can be so if you have more questions let me know.

      RL1000 features that stand out compared to the RL500

      - Manual controller with improved interface design (better sealed for water protection

      - Automatic departure and return mode from docking station, according to a weekly program set by the user.

      -Improved power management system (less delay in starting and stopping than the older software)

      -Variable entry points from your lawn's edge (a more effiecient means of completing the mowing required in a shorter time.)

      -Coded theft deterrent system

      Wide scan mowing for multiple obstacle avoidance (helps more effieciency in mowing within orchards for example).

      Docking station with automatic recharging (and stowage at your side yard, if that is where you want to store it)

      Rear drive tires with better traction (v-knobby tires) than the original RL500.

      Much better drive gearbox design.

      Improved internal bumper springs

      Let me know if you have any more questions and enjoy your 4th of July.

      An FR Robomower Authorized Dealer
      email:  mattcoop@...
      phone: (214) 538-0409

    • Clint D
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 4, 2004
        More efficient, more durable...will last longer.

        Wild Bill <ALLAMERICANARC@...> wrote:
[...]

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • Wild Bill
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 5, 2004
          <Much better drive gearbox design.>
          --------------------------------
          Here we go again playing the BS word substitution game.

          There is no change to to the gearbox.
          If anyone claims there ~IS~ a change, let them come forward with
          the specifics....
          anything else is pure BS.

          It's OK if you don't really know and there's no shame in
          admitting it................
          just don't BS the group.

          WB

[...]

          Matt Cooper
          www.automatetools.com
          An FR Robomower Authorized Dealer
          email: mattcoop@...
          phone: (214) 538-0409

          Do you Yahoo!?
          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          To visit your group on the web, go to:

          Service.
        • jayamec@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 5, 2004
            Hey WB,

            We have an iMow, RL-550, & some RL-800's. We plan to purchase
            a RL-850 which should be identical to the 1000 except for the docking
            portion. We will then "open the cover" and take pictures and
            measurements of the gears on both sides. If there is a physical
            difference we can report that.

            Jay

            --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "Wild Bill" <ALLAMERICANARC@p...>
            wrote:
            > <Much better drive gearbox design.>
            > --------------------------------
            > Here we go again playing the BS word substitution game.
            >
            > There is no change to to the gearbox.
          • Matt
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 5, 2004
              Bill,

              I was not intentionally trying to BS around about the gear case.  ....just trying to be concise because I have family over this holiday weekend.  I will get you the details later (honestly).   Your point is well taken and I will refrain from using "glittering generalities" in the future ....and get the facts when the facts are requested.  You can "take me to task" : ) shortly if my response isn't soon enough.

              Enjoy your holiday....

              Matt

              Wild Bill <ALLAMERICANARC@...> wrote:

              --------------------------------
              Here we go again playing the BS word substitution game.

              There is no change to to the gearbox.
              If anyone claims there ~IS~ a change, let them come forward with
              the specifics....
              anything else is pure BS.

              It's OK if you don't really know and there's no shame in
              admitting it................
              just don't BS the group.

              WB

              More efficient, more durable...will last longer.

              Wild Bill wrote:

              -----------------------------
              Better, how?
              What's changed?

              WB

[...]

              http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/X8NolB/TM

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • Wild Bill
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 5, 2004
                Way to go Matt!
                Looking forward toward the specific info.
                Thanks in Advance.

                WB

                More efficient, more durable...will last longer.

                Wild Bill wrote:

                -----------------------------
                Better, how?
                What's changed?

                WB

                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 5, 2004
                  <We will then "open the cover" and take pictures and
                  > measurements of the gears on both sides. If there is a
                  physical
                  > difference we can report that.>
                  ---------------------------
                  OK, Jay!
                  Maybe this will put the issue to rest, once and for all.

                  However, it's still possible for FR to claim the "new& improved"
                  status without a change in the physical
                  dimensions/layout.........
                  if there was a change in the materials properties,
                  i.e.: a more durable plastic, a stronger, higher fiber content
                  plastic (Zytel?)

                  I'm looking forward toward receiving the results.
                  TIA

                  Sponsor --------------------~-->

                • jayamec@yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 5, 2004
                    Yes, this is true, I'm not going to be doing a chemical composition
                    analysis on the gear material, this will only be a physical
                    observation.

                    wrote:
                    > However, it's still possible for FR to claim the "new& improved"
                    > status without a change in the physical
                    > dimensions/layout.........
                    > if there was a change in the materials properties,
                    > i.e.: a more durable plastic, a stronger, higher fiber content
                    > plastic (Zytel?)
                  • Wild Bill
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 5, 2004
                      This is why we need a clear, specific and honest answer from the
                      factory and/or North American distributor.

                      WB