RoboMower Virgin

  • chrismsnt@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2004
      Okay guys... I'm going from lurk mode to active mode here! :-)

      My name is Christopher Urban. I just purchased an RL550 the past
      week and should be on my door step this coming Tuesday. Yes, I'm a
      techno junkie and am tracking it every step of the way!

      I wanted to thank Iggy for posting Mike Dunigan's email to this
      group!! I picked one of them up! Thanks to Mike in spending the time
      on the phone with all my stupid questions!

      So, now I wait until it gets here. My lot should be fairly straight
      forward. It's 41 feet wide and 130 deep. I'm thinking that I should
      just have two zones, one in front and one in back. The back has one
      island of trees which I'll probably just wire right around it. I'm
      really pumped and waiting with baited breath for my 550!!! (Not to
      mention the look on my wife's face when she sees that I was actually
      serious when I told her I bought it! LOL)

      I'll be taking some videos and posting them up to my personal web
      site as well... I told Mike that I have some experience with video,
      so hopefully I'll get some good clips!

      I just wanted to introduce myself formally so when I start asking
      all the novice / stupid questions, you guys can turn on your b.s.
      filters. :-)

      Chris
    • Clint D
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2004
        Chris, Welcome to the group! Feel free to post
        anytime. I think its gonna be fun having another
        techie guy onboard! :-D

        --- chrismsnt@... wrote:
        > Okay guys... I'm going from lurk mode to active mode
        > here! :-)
        >
        > My name is Christopher Urban. I just purchased an
        > RL550 the past
        > week and should be on my door step this coming
        > Tuesday. Yes, I'm a
        > techno junkie and am tracking it every step of the
        > way!
        >
        > I wanted to thank Iggy for posting Mike Dunigan's
        > email to this
        > group!! I picked one of them up! Thanks to Mike in
        > spending the time
        > on the phone with all my stupid questions!
        >
        > So, now I wait until it gets here. My lot should be
        > fairly straight
        > forward. It's 41 feet wide and 130 deep. I'm
        > thinking that I should
        > just have two zones, one in front and one in back.
        > The back has one
        > island of trees which I'll probably just wire right
        > around it. I'm
        > really pumped and waiting with baited breath for my
        > 550!!! (Not to
        > mention the look on my wife's face when she sees
        > that I was actually
        > serious when I told her I bought it! LOL)
        >
        > I'll be taking some videos and posting them up to my
        > personal web
        > site as well... I told Mike that I have some
        > experience with video,
        > so hopefully I'll get some good clips!
        >
        > I just wanted to introduce myself formally so when I
        > start asking
        > all the novice / stupid questions, you guys can turn
        > on your b.s.
        > filters. :-)
        >
        > Chris

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      • IGGY and Svetlana - Kansas City Homes &
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2, 2004
          From: <chrismsnt@...>
          > So, now I wait until it gets here. My lot should be fairly straight
          > forward. It's 41 feet wide and 130 deep. I'm thinking that I should
          > just have two zones, one in front and one in back. The back has one
          > island of trees which I'll probably just wire right around it. I'm
          > really pumped and waiting with baited breath for my 550!!! (Not to
          > mention the look on my wife's face when she sees that I was actually
          > serious when I told her I bought it! LOL)

          Two zones sound like it should do it. Go ahead and make a sketch of your
          yard and place it in "files" - "yards layouts" at
          www.yahoogroups.com/groups/robomower - we can give you more suggestions when
          we see your obstacles, trees, bushes, house layout, driveway, sidewlka, etc.

          > I'll be taking some videos and posting them up to my personal web
          > site as well... I told Mike that I have some experience with video,
          > so hopefully I'll get some good clips!

          Let me know when you have them, so I can clean up the "video section" of the
          group - they normally take a lot of space. Try to make them in lower
          resolution and short - under 30 seconds.

          Sincerely,

          IGGY Dybal - RE/MAX Best - Kansas City
          Office: 913-894-4024 Toll-free 1-877-550-4449
          Voice mail: 913-323-5408
          E-mail: iggykc@... Web site: http://www.iggy.net
          Instant Messenger: AIM - "iggylenexa", Yahoo - "iggykc"
        • chrismsnt@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 2, 2004
            Thanks guys! I've posted my Layout in the Files --> Layout section
            called ChrisMSNT Zone Layout. It's not to scale... in fact, it's
            sort of skewed, but you get an understanding. The back is
            approximately 80 by 40 and the front is considerably smaller. I
            really don't see how else to break it up, aside from breaking the
            back into two separate zones somehow...

            Chris
          • iggykc
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 3, 2004
              --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, chrismsnt@a... wrote:
              > Thanks guys! I've posted my Layout in the Files --> Layout section
              > called ChrisMSNT Zone Layout. It's not to scale... in fact, it's
              > sort of skewed, but you get an understanding. The back is
              > approximately 80 by 40 and the front is considerably smaller. I
              > really don't see how else to break it up, aside from breaking the
              > back into two separate zones somehow...

              Yes, two zones will be good.

              IGGY Dybal