Re: What time of the day do you mow with your robotic mower?

  • iggykc
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 1 6:57 AM
      --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "Ken & Lori Mays" <themays@s...>
      wrote:
      > Actually it's mowing for 1 hour in the morning (7:00-8:00). In
      the evening, 6:30 - 7:00. By 6:30 here the temp is back down into
      the mid 90's, The real heat is 2:00 - 4:00, where it normally gets
      to over a 100, although this year we've only had a few 100 degree
      days. Mostly it's rained. We have already had the 2nd wettest
      month on record and I'm hoping the rain we're getting right now
      pushes us over the top - we have to get 1.2 inches today to make it.

      So, you mow 1-2 hours a day? How often?

      Ken, can you post a sketch of your yard to "files" - "yards layout?"
      at www.yahoogroups.com/groups/robomower?

      IGGY Dybal
    • Ken & Lori Mays
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 1 5:20 PM
        Antonio is set to run on Mondays, Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays.  The time per day is 1:45 I think.  I'm considering reducing it to only 1:00 / day or dropping off Sunday.  I think he's overworked and being Italian, I'm sure that he's Catholic, so he should have the day off.  'Course there is the Italian thing and working too much - he might start demanding a break during his work period ;).

        As to the yard diagram, probably won't be doing it as I'm too busy with preparing to move to the new house.  I'll do one up for that yard when I get there.

        Ken Mays
        Ambrogio (Senior Antonio) since 12/03

      • jayamec@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 1 5:35 PM
          I just returned from Italy, as long as he gets a 3 hour lunch
          break, everyday, he should be fine...

          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 2 3:02 PM
            Thanks for the info.  I'd hate to have a 'family' run union show up and say that Antonio's
            work contract was being violated :).

            Ken Mays

            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 2 9:15 PM
              Yes, you don't want to mess with the ... "Family".