Movie "Look at it go" - Y mowing pattern

  • Iggy & Svetlana
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2003
      This movie shows what appears to be a "normal scan" Y mowing pattern, just
      like my RL500 mower. Would you run yours in "wide scan" and tape it so we
      can see the difference - perhpas from the front of the mower or the back?

      Sincerely,

      IGGY Dybal

      Your Real Estate Consultant - Kansas City - RE/MAX Best

      E-mail: mailto:iggy@... Web site: http://www.iggy.net
      Office: 913-894-4024 Toll-free: 877-550-IGGY/4449
      Fax: 913-451-5361
    • becauseimjeff
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2003
        I've been debating the whole 'wide scan' issue.
        My yard has some really big sections...so the legs of the V pattern
        are pretty much widely seperated. Wide-scan (from the descriptions
        I've read) would make them even wider, wouldn't it? What purpose
        does this serve?

        Jeff

        --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Iggy & Svetlana
        <iggyandsvetlana@e...> wrote:
        > This movie shows what appears to be a "normal scan" Y mowing
        pattern, just
        > like my RL500 mower. Would you run yours in "wide scan" and tape it
        so we
        > can see the difference - perhpas from the front of the mower or the
        back?

        > Sincerely,
        >
        > IGGY Dybal
        >
        > Your Real Estate Consultant - Kansas City - RE/MAX Best
        >
        > E-mail: mailto:iggy@i... Web site: http://www.iggy.net
        > Office: 913-894-4024 Toll-free: 877-550-IGGY/4449
        > Fax: 913-451-5361
      • Iggy & Svetlana
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 3, 2003
          From: "becauseimjeff" <becauseimjeff@...

          > I've been debating the whole 'wide scan' issue.
          > My yard has some really big sections...so the legs of the V pattern
          > are pretty much widely seperated. Wide-scan (from the descriptions
          > I've read) would make them even wider, wouldn't it? What purpose
          > does this serve?

          When you have Y (normal scan) vs. V (wide scan) or narrow V fashion (like
          your mower showed in your movies), the mower goes immediately into wider V
          without mowing over the previously mowed section a the bottom of the Y (see
          wide mow movie in the FILE section by gcort - a perfect example of this).

          A larger area is covered. You don't see that right away but when the mower
          does it 20-100 times during mowing it should be pretty evident it will cover
          a larger area. "Wide Mow" is the largest contributor to larger areas that
          the mower can cover.