Re: [RoboMower] Software upgrades

  • Matt
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2004
      Charlie,

      The RL1000 with a docking station does return back to the docking station when it is low on power - - but I have never experienced this because my front yard (while fairly a large size) has not had problems with being accomplished on one charge.  What kind of shape is your back lawn?  What type of obstacles or concrete pad (basket ball court?), etc.  You can use these items to help you make convienent "entry points" on an RL1000/docking port.  There are various scenarios to try out and become fully autonomous vs. separate zones that require you to walk the mower to...If you want to go with the RL800, then you will simply have to walk it (short walk) from zone to zone.  Not a bad idea.

      An FR Robomower Authorized Dealer
      email:  mattcoop@...
      phone: (214) 538-0409

      Charlie Sumpter <charlie@...> wrote:
      I want to thank everyone who offered their recommendations regarding
      their experiecnes with the Robomower.  You have shared a great deal
      of valuable info with me, and I'm very appreciative of the time those
      of you who responded took to do so.

      I have a follow-up question.  I have a yard that is about .33 acres,
      with the overwhelming majority of the yard size being in the back.  I
      plan on posting an outline later to get your expert guidance on zone-
      planning, however I've got a cocern.  My back yard is huge...roughly
      nine tenths of our entire yard.  If I do it all as one zone, when
      Robo's battery runs out and I charge him does he remember what he's
      done and what he hasn't?  Also, I've heard about people having to
      find him when his battery runs out...does the newer software return
      it to it's starting point, or does he always have to be searched for
      when he's out of juice?

      Depending on the answers to these questions, I figured I'd break my
      back yard into two or three zones, hoping robo can finish each zone
      before running out of power.

      I'd love to just get the top 'o the line RL1000 so I wouldn't have to
      worry about all of that, but there's no way I'm shelling out 1,700+
      clams for the added convenience.

      Any thoughts/suggestions/etc?  I'm sure others have dealt with this
      type of issue...how have you solved it?

      Thanks in advance for your feedback.  This is a great group and once
      I'm a robo-guru I hope to be on the helping side rather than the
      continually asking side as I am now.

      -Charlie